Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.9: Debbie Pt. 1

Woem

May 28, 2009
I wonder how many people watched this episode just because of Lisa Foiles. I'm one of them. (Don't let me be the only one, that would be creepy.)

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
You have to admit, Mikey showing up as a demon, beating up Anthony a little, then taking his mask off would have been a great joke (to Mikey's character, at least). I guess the Deathbringer was just there at a bad time?

Also, I second everyone who is praising Lisa.

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
Started this series, dropped off around episode 3 and just watched the rest of them back to back. Pretty damn awesome, but does anyone know how long it'll be til the next season? Wendsday has turned into the Escapists best day for new videos by far.

Edit:

Irridium said:
Holy SHIT things just got intense.

Also, who else are demons?
My moneys on the KFC guy, must be trying to make them too uncomfortable to buy vital chicken.

coolerthanice21 said:
I guess the demon thing explains why she made tuna soup instead of chicken. Unless it was just supposed to be joke, in which case forget I said anything.
I think you're right, although of course I didn't pick up on it (I never do with jokes like that).

coolerthanice21

Feb 23, 2010
I guess the demon thing explains why she made tuna soup instead of chicken. Unless it was just supposed to be joke, in which case forget I said anything.

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
Okay, first, I love this series.

Second, in epi 5, Anthony says that Debbie is blonde. I'm assuming it was because you had Lisa in mind the whole time. Did she dye her her for some other reason? Because when I saw the preview pic and the whole red-hair episode of Top 5, I thought it was for this.

Third, I may be thinking too much into this... because it's only a show.

I'm gonna sit in my corner now.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
mikeyface said:
Mikey was in the mask so when he killed the girl of Anthony's dreams, he wouldn't epically hate him and stab him (again.)
But wouldn't he also epically hate and stab (with bullets) anyone wearing a ski mask? He and ski masks have a bit of an unpleasant history.

Also, Anthony Burch you are a presumably happily married man! Don't be hitting on demonesses!

Rappletek

Mar 26, 2008
You know what this series does for me?

It makes me miss Doomsday Arcade..

I don't mean that as negatively as it implies.. :/

Aurochs

Jul 2, 2008
Fappy said:
Hey what do you know, an Escapist CROSS-OVER EVENT!
I know! Awesome! Easily the second greatest escapist crossover event of all time. :)
I struggle to find the words to describe how awesome this episode was! I'll be honest I wasn't sure about this show at first but it's really made me glad I kept watching. I knew Anthony Burch wouldn't let me down. :)
And I third the comments that bringing in Lisa Foiles was a fantastic move!

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
Kudos. Really like these guys.

Also, if this and the latest Top 5 resulted in Lisa doing away with her 'toxic blonde' 'do, it's a big win. She looks a lot better and less harsh.

Sorry, I'm a dad with daughters her age and can't help it.

I'm so old.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Aurochs said:
Fappy said:
Hey what do you know, an Escapist CROSS-OVER EVENT!
I know! Awesome! Easily the second greatest escapist crossover event of all time. :)
I struggle to find the words to describe how awesome this episode was! I'll be honest I wasn't sure about this show at first but it's really made me glad I kept watching. I knew Anthony Burch wouldn't let me down. :)
And I third the comments that bringing in Lisa Foiles was a fantastic move!
On;y if we discount as all the stuff from Doomsday Arcade as 1.

standokan

May 28, 2009
Et tu brute? ehrr, I mean Debbie

btw the Deathbringer>Debbie name "joke" was brilliant

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
connall said:
I'm sorry I have to ask, where did the kid go? Like is he dead? I am a little confused with that.
i figured since he was a time traveler he just traveled in time again

The Bucket

May 4, 2010
If many more people turn out to be demons, this'll start to feel like the last season of BSG xD

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I now firmly believe that M. Night Shyamalan is ghost writing this series. There's a lame twist in every episode. Hell even the effects remind me of that one wooden film he made just before Devil (I dare not speak it's name).

Either that, or each one is thought up on the spot.

By M. Night Shyamalan.

Fuck you.

Apr 17, 2009
How about instead of just telling us Anthony and Mikey had a row over trust issues you could, you know, actually show it in the episode? Then you could have some characterisation instead of a constant stream of fights