Anthropomorphic Action-RPG Solatorobo Coming to U.S.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
>Oh hey this looks pretty interes--oh, never mind, there are furries

I don't mind things like humans with cat ears and tails, but I find anthropomorphic beings creepy.

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Tom Goldman said:
Do you really need to make a big deal about it featuring anthropomorphic characters? You are singling something out for a trivial reason. No matter your intention, it comes across as negative. I request that you change the title. No offense intended.
People would've mentioned it if he didn't mention it already.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Am I the only guy who was thinking Xenogears when I saw this? I mean...the whole RPG with mechs and all, I would've figured...

Pretty nice music, though!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Eh. I dont really care about furrys.

Dont get me wrong, i dont hate them or anything, but they just dont effect my life. This doesnt look to bad though. It might be able to occupy a few hours of time. Id like to know more about the gameplay though.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Hey, this is the game that went for the world record - for most commercials shown in one day!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104414-Furry-Action-RPG-Going-for-TV-Commercial-World-Record

I was wondering what had become of it. Still looks great - I'll most likely buy it!

EDIT: OK, I just watched two minutes of the video that kingdomheartsguy44 posted below, and have made my final decision: I'm DEFINITELY getting this game!

kingdomheartsguy44

Oct 15, 2010
heres some gameplay of the 1st 13 mins of the US version if anyones interested.
Im definitly buying this. Not just cuz im a furry and all but because it looks and feels awesome Cant wait to play it.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
this intro thing reminds me allot of the intro for skygunner

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
oh no the furries will kill us all nyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

come to think of it I dont have many ds games could be good maybe any chance of a uk release?

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
XSEED?

Oohohoh.

I'm a fan of them on the grounds that they localized the first Retro Game Challenge.

But seriously XSEED, please stop neglecting Europe. I had to import Retro Game Challenge from America and will probably have to do the same for this if it turns out to be my sort of thing.

EDIT: Oh sweet holy fuck it's an ATLUS game. Okay, now I am prepared for an inexplicable difficulty spike or a steep learning curve or a boss that is insanely hard compared to the rest of the game.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Tom Goldman said:
Do you really need to make a big deal about it featuring anthropomorphic characters? You are singling something out for a trivial reason. No matter your intention, it comes across as negative. I request that you change the title. No offense intended.
Mentioning something shouldn't make it come off as negative. I don't bash it in the least... and why would I?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Tom Goldman said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Tom Goldman said:
Mentioning something shouldn't make it come off as negative. I don't bash it in the least... and why would I?
Sorry. I was knee-deep in discrimination debate last night. I had an itchy trigger finger. Ignore my comment as the baseless thing it is.

EvilestDeath

Nov 4, 2009
Oh this looks pretty interesting, *clicks link*

*Watches video* Awesome, I must know more.

*Reads description* "On the Nintendo DS" FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- I sold my DSi and don't yet have enough for a 3DS.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
A harmless sexual fetish is nothing to be ashamed of in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand however when a person begins constructing a suit to hide from the reality of who and what they are, it pays to remember that Ed Gein followed exactly the same sort of logic when he constructed a suit out of dead women.

Just saying.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
Z of the Na said:
[small]Inb4 rude and senseless furry bashing.[/small]

That actually looks pretty cool. What's not to love about giant robots and explosions?!? I'll keep tabs on this, that's for sure. If that trailer is say, the intro cutscene to the game, or a collection of different cutscenes, then color me interested.

I love it when games do the anime-style animation to their storylines, and I don't even watch a lot of anime!
CHICKS DIG GIANT ROBOTS!

I just might get this.

Unless, of course, I manage to buy a copy of Pokemon Black.

Look at me, feeling ashamed about wanting a Pokemon game,
and my avatar is a lazy-eyed cartoon pony.

~Tom<3

thisguyfromthere

Mar 6, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Tom Goldman said:
And it's not like the fact that the characters are anthropomorphic isn't relevant. That may well affect the story in big ways. In a game about an invasion of Earth, you wouldn't expect an alien conqueror to recognize a Burger King and land at the drive-thru window.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I so want this, now there's just a few more really good DS games I want to come over here: Soma Bringer, Ni No Kuni, SaGa 1 & 2, Hanashi no Game 1 & 2, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem and Retro Game Challenge 2. But, for now, screw those, this has furries and the European version was going to be impossible to important (My DS is crap, and it won't play on R1 DSi and 3DS).

Robert Christina

Jul 30, 2010
Tail Concerto was probably one of my favorite PS1 games as a child. Back when they were giving out Demos of japanese games to english kids, I played tail concerto without a single idea of what was being said. I immediately fell in love with the antics of the cat people and this mysterious, japanese talking dog policeman riding a robot. 2 years later I found an english copy and revisit on occasion... After learning more about the internetz, I found out, for better or worse the kind of culture and fanbase this game shares begrudgingly. I truly do hope this "solatarobo" is able to stand on its own two mech feet as a great example of a DS game.

(Don't take this as an insult any of you out there who are into that stuff, I just want to see this game succeed of its own merits not due to the rarity of furry people games.)

Paradoxrifts said:
A harmless sexual fetish is nothing to be ashamed of in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand however when a person begins constructing a suit to hide from the reality of who and what they are, it pays to remember that Ed Gein followed exactly the same sort of logic when he constructed a suit out of dead women.

Just saying.
Am I bad person for laughing out loud at this post?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Tom Goldman said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Tom Goldman said:
Sorry. I was knee-deep in discrimination debate last night. I had an itchy trigger finger. Ignore my comment as the baseless thing it is.
It happens :)