Anti-Game Critic Says "This Generation Will Give You Massacres"

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Wait, doesn't he need a generation of killers to kill all of America's enemies?

Don't worry guys, I'll lead the charge; I'm really good at Civ and Total War.

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Hey, here's a thought.

You know what kills people? War.

Video games I'm not so sure about. I say we remain more skeptical of the okayness of war than of video games.

But what do I know, I'm clearly not as much of an expert on violence as this guy.

misg

Apr 13, 2013
"There is a generation of vicious, vicious killers out there," he said. "The videogames are their trainers. They've been playing Grand Theft Auto every spare moment since they were six years old."

Maybe I hung out with the wrong crowd or I'm simply too old, but frankly I don't know anyone that plays GTA much sure it's fun for a bit here and there, sure I bet there are a few people who really like the sandbox world but it's been done better since. When you Consider that minecraft has sold 20 Million + copies it shows that most are interested in exploring new worlds then they are in simple violence.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
Says the guy that has books to sell ...

So ironic that he is former Military. Since that where they actually train people to kill, for real. Actual physical conditioning and instruction in the operation of real weapons.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
erttheking said:
Dear Mr. Grossman

I kill fake people. You kill real people. Yet I'm the murderer?

Go fuck yourself

That is all

Sincerely, someone with a working brain.
I love this piece of irony so much. You win the Internets, good sir.

OT: "[...] and also claims on his website to be "the founder of a new field of scientific endeavor" known as "killology."" - This right here should be a clue to everyone just how batshit insane this Lt. Col. really is. If you claim expertise in a field that doesn't even exist, you deserve to be left in the dust and ignored by all media outlets, even your own fellow crazies.

When are we going to recognize this type of ignorance as hate speech?

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Studies show that 100% of Mass Murderers, Murderers, Thieves, Terrorists and Lunatics breathe Oxygen and Drink dihydrogen monoxide. Clearly both should be banned.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
There's not really any constructive answer you can give to this, is there?

Cretin shouts into the voice, given undue prominence probably because he's in the military, because of course that makes what he says relevant.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
We wouldn't be the first.

Also: Remember when you thought certain books were bad, but they weren't?

Movies, too?

Animation?

Just wait for holograms and virtual reality and vidya games are in the clear according to those trends.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
What a knob. Despite spewing loads of bollocks, he also uses the word 'killology' unironically. Knob.
RaNDM G said:
[small]On a side note, I'm starting a protest rock band called Killology. Anyone care to join?[/small]
Hellyeah! I'll gladly play bass (if you won't let me play the triangle).
Do you need a cowbell guy? Everyone loves, nay, NEEDS the cowbell.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
They don't defend democracy - they defend whoever gives them orders. Its why the military invests so much into indoctrination, into becoming "a warrior", into becoming distinct from the civilian population, to isolate you from them. I'm not saying that anybody is doing this with the intentions of evil, but its just that the military is focused less about on loyalty to a nation, to its peoples, or to its ideals, and more focused on loyalty to whoever is holding their leash.
As somebody who grew up in a military household and has served in the military, carrying on a tradition that my family has performed for at least 4 straight generations. Let me respond by saying, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you can't be serious." Your just as crazy if not crazier than this guy if you truly believe that. Most soldiers, are untrusting of their leadership and usually perform their "mission" in a capacity that gets the job done and everyone home. Seriously, do you like your boss, why should we like ours?

OT: This guy (The LTC, not you MarsAtlas) is crazy, please ignore and carry on with your lives.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
(Face palms)

Oh for the love of... did it ever occur to any of these people that people who incite massacres MIGHT just be more than a little crazy?!?

Or, if you won't listen to me, listen to this guy (warning: contains angry swear-filled rants from a cartoon squirrel):

BurningWyvern90

May 21, 2013
I've never understood people like this. There are SO MANY other factors that go into violence in society. Even if video games were on the list, they would be the least of our worries. Don't you have more important things to focus on?