Anti-Gay Email Campaign Floods Electronic Arts

Sis

Apr 2, 2012
Hey, Escapist, do me a huge favor and stop giving these nutters attention. K? Thank you.

Agiel7

Sep 5, 2008
Referring to their own country as "the empire" doesn't exactly put its supposed values on a higher moral ground.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
If the parents consider a game "wrong" for their kids (witch I would consider more or less all 18+ games..) then don't buy it and forbid the kid from playing it. Problem solved....

And tolerance is a virtue if I'm supposed to believe most priests/vicars etc I've talked to...
And all religous people I consider ever talking to agrees with "live and let live.." most also agree on the second part "...as long as they don't bother me"
(By that I mean: I couldn't care less about you, as long as you don't try to force me to believe your way, or have to listen to your crap...)

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
I'm waiting for their next game. All the characters will be gay men and you have to marry at least one of them.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Ignorant fuckers! How can people be so thick?! How do they remember to breath half the time?
I bet a good majority was complaints about the man on man because lesbians are obviously sooooo hawt buy gay men is sick and immoral. -_-
This is why we need to teach about same sex marriage in schools...

Murmur95

Sep 18, 2008
I thought this was going to be an actually important post but I just dismissed it because people are being retarded.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I really don't get with all of the problems ME3 has, people get so hung up about you being able to go down on a handful of people that are the same gender as you. I don't even get why people are so upset over this, it's not like the ending where it's shoved down your throat.

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
So in a game where there is a high chance you will end up committing genocide on at least species or forcibly change the DNA and being of everything sentient object in the galaxy they are objecting to an entirely optional homosexual encounter?

On a side note does having sex with Liara or any other of the non human squad mates count as bestiality or something?

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Jon Shannow said:
So in a game where there is a high chance you will end up committing genocide on at least species or forcibly change the DNA and being of everything sentient object in the galaxy they are objecting to one homo sapien sapiens with the chromosomes XY having feelings of affection and possibly putting his penis in close contact to another member of homo sapiens sapiens, who shares the same chromosomes?
Where as if they did not have the same chromosomes, it would be totally okey.
XY+XY = Burn in hell.
XX+XY = God approves.

Makes total sense.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Audacity said:
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Alright then- Family values nutters, time for a Lesson in the economy.

When you DO NOT BUY THE PRODUCT TO BEGIN WITH you cannot boycott it. If i disagreed with the giant pink dildo company, i cannot boycott them because i do not buy the products. Similarly if you do not buy games you cannot boycott them.
So let me get this straight. To boycott a company you first have to buy it's product?

That doesn't sound retarded to you?

I boycott games like CoD and the likes and I never buy them because...well I boycott them. That's the point of a boycott.
Yeah, but if you never bought them to begin with, and never planned to, your boycott is sort of hollow and doesn't affect the market. Just like these christian groups most likely won't buy the game anyhow.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
I rarely agree with EA anymore, but I have to admit that I'm glad they're fighting this one.

In this day and age, there is no reason for people to think like this.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Jon Shannow said:
So in a game where there is a high chance you will end up committing genocide on at least species or forcibly change the DNA and being of everything sentient object in the galaxy they are objecting to an entirely optional homosexual encounter?

On a side note does having sex with Liara or any other of the non human squad mates count as bestiality or something?
It's Xenophilia, I believe bestiality only counts with non-sapient creatures. Also, male or female, the relationship with Liara is one of the more normal relationships since reproduction is possible. The most unusual would actually be the Garrus and Tali ones. This is especially true with them given their dextro-amino acid biology, human x Salarian would be slightly less unusual. MxM and FxF ones being in the middle.

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
Once again we have the right-wing conservative cavemen trying to pass around their beliefs as if it was their own dung. EA shouldn't even acknowledge the existence of these people except to slam them down in their forums.

I also hope EA is serious this time, such attacks by bigoted organiztions are a constant issue that plagues society today and should be taking seriously. No one should be crying wolf when the fleece of the gaming sheep are this good.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Zen Toombs said:
Hey, can someone post the email of Bioware so we can flood them with praise for allowing homosexuality in their games? 'Cuz that's what I want to do.
I agree.
I really hope they can take the stand and not cave on this.