Anti-gun control people, where would you draw the line?

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I own several weapons all hunting and sport related. 12 gauge, .243 rifle, and a 7mm Mag rifle. My Dad taught me all about gun safety and state of mind when operating such devices. I believe that the average person should be entitled to any projectile based weapon that is fired from a barrel. (From BB guns to Mini Guns) because lets face it, destruction is fun.

However, the United States current laws leave that door too wide open. The Navy Yard shooting is a great example.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/navy-yard-shooting-military-contractors/

In short this man lost it and shot out a fellow soldiers tires with his weapon. He also has a diagnosed mental condition, though I can not recall exactly what. Yet he was still legally allowed to own and operate a gun. The gun who used to go on that spree he had bought recently and passed a background check. This is a major problem that should be addressed.

I bring to the table that anyone who wants to own a gun should have to take a psychological test by a professional. Payment of this can go through the individual or the government whatever works. Guns should be banned from being operated by anyone with conditions such as emotional instability such as but not limited to: bursts of anger, paranoia, physical outburst stemmed from lost of emotional control. Breaks with reality such as schizophrenia. Extensive alcohol abuse. 1st and 2nd degree murder convictions. Multiple acts of negligence with a firearm.

Guns are designed to kill, but that doesn't change the fact that someone has to pull the trigger. We need to concentrate on the person, not the firearm.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Flunk said:
Up to semi automatic handguns and rifles of .45 or smaller.
The calibre restriction isn't really that useful by itself.

For example, the .22LR is only slightly different calibre than the 5.56NATO, which is .223. It's really, really less powerful.

Likewise, a .45 handgun round is almost certainly less powerful than a .45 rifle round.

Feedmeketamine

Sep 29, 2013
I dont think there should be a limit on guns, I mean if the public were allowed tanks life would definitely be a lot more exciting, not necessarily safer but exciting nonetheless, i dont think anything over a few sticks of dynamite or any kind of explosive is reasonable unless you need it for work.

Im not a violent person, i just like the explosions, too bad ive missed out on a shotgun license with my mental history.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Feedmeketamine said:
I dont think there should be a limit on guns, I mean if the public were allowed tanks life would definitely be a lot more exciting, not necessarily safer but exciting nonetheless, i dont think anything over a few sticks of dynamite or any kind of explosive is reasonable unless you need it for work.

Im not a violent person, i just like the explosions, too bad ive missed out on a shotgun license with my mental history.
In the US the public ARE allowed tanks.

Here's a website for that:
http://www.armyjeeps.net/armor1.htm

Tanks are really expensive though, and if you own one the firing mechanism must be deactivated by law.

Feedmeketamine

Sep 29, 2013
Dirty Hipsters said:
Feedmeketamine said:

Tanks are really expensive though, and if you own one the firing mechanism must be deactivated by law.

Fuck it all, im faking my death, cashing in the life ensurance and driving a tank around the suburbs of detroit playing this tune

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Feedmeketamine said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Feedmeketamine said:

Fuck it all, im faking my death, cashing in the life ensurance and driving a tank around the suburbs of detroit playing this tune

I think in the UK you need a HGV license to drive a tank on the road. Its perfectly legal and i think you can insure it as "an agricultural vehicle" meaning your insurance is really cheap

Edit: its not a HGV license its a cat H license (tracked vehicles) and i was right the DVLA (british DMV) class tracked vehicles as "agricultural"