Anti-Piracy, Rap and the FBI kidnapping you.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
So has anyone seen the industry's latest *ahem* attempt at stopping internet piracy, its done in rap form, and its quite hilarious, its the sequel to Don't copy that floppy.

So is this the right way for the industry to spread there message? Is it effective? Is it just completely hilarious

Xephino

Jun 18, 2009
This is so stupid, and as for trying to level with us that is just patronising! no offense to any american s but you let your goverment run media take this piss out of you seriously!

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
MaxTheReaper said:
I remember when the News Room reported this...
I stand by my incredulous response: I am going to go pirate something out of fucking spite.
I think I might join you.

Seriously, this doesn't deter us, IT MAKES US ANGRY. Also, that second "rapper", oh boo hoo, you made a couple of bad rhymes that took you a couple of months to make.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
I stand by my incredulous response: I am going to go pirate something out of fucking spite.
Seconded. This is like that Talk, They'll Listen campaign against smoking. Every time I saw one of those ads wanted to light up out of spite.

Darenus

Apr 10, 2008
Sorry but do they really think that the stereotypical rap-fan-boy is actually able to use the PC properly in the first place? (no flaming of fans of the genre, just the stereotypical morons we hate to see in movies)

But well, they might as well try that trick when our politicians think it is a great idea to use Parcour Runners and advert:
"I love running Parcour. It gives me the satisfaction, to know that I can do something others can't. So I am going to vote"

.... isn't that message somewhat counter-intuitive if you call out the people that don't go Parcouring to be unable to vote or something?

But hell, lack of understanding the audiences has always been their form of communication, I'm afraid... must be the lack of air from the ties and the 'higher positions' or something...

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
I'm with you on this one. Serious it is so patronising.

First of all did anybody notice the incredibly convienient multi-ethnic group of people? With suprise the Asian kid as the "criminal". And the blatent lies, why would he be selling the stuff? Surely everybody with and internet connection can do it themselves in 10 mins rather than pay somebody for a cd? And that forced testimoney at the end, either that guy had a gun at his head or was granted some privilages for that performence. Jesus i worry if the people they seem to be targeting with this blatent crap actually exist. Its intimidation of children, "Hey kids dont burn a single cd or the Feds will kick down your door drag your mother off to prison where she will be sexually abused and beaten. Convieniently leaving out the fact that copyright infringement is a civil offence not a criminal one "against the whole song". Only profiting by selling the stuff is a crime, and why wouldnt you just tell somebody how to do it themselves. "Bring a man a fish or Teach him to fish"

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I think the government should do more to stop piracy. The Escapist had an article on how it's destroying the video games industry.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Good thing I don't like rap all that much, otherwise I might actually listen to such a badly-conveyed message.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
I ironically liked it for the same reason I ironically liked the first one, but they seriously thought this would be effective in the slightest?

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
AvsJoe said:
MaxTheReaper said:
Seconded. This is like that Talk, They'll Listen campaign against smoking. Every time I saw one of those ads wanted to light up out of spite.
Reminds me of that time on mock the week with Ed Byrne on piracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHdhS2AiZ6A

Funny stuff.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
My C key is innocent
My Ctrl key is innocent
But mix them together...oh my god.

Archindar

Jul 28, 2008
The big film and music corporations have now started their new campaign against piracy.

Instead of chasing the pirates and the guys behind the torrent trackers like usual, they now go hunting for bigger game. The Internet service providers.
At least they do it in my country (Sweden).
The ISP that The Pirate bay used, Black Internet, was forced to cut The Pirate bay off from the Internet after a court of law had declared that the ISP have comitted a crime by helping the website.

This is just stupid.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
the thing that pisses me off about these is how the people are downloading said stuff. People arn't stupid enough to use Direct downloads in this day and age... torrents are the way to go.

Animated Rope

Apr 14, 2009
I thought this wasn't going to antagonize anyone, turns out it did anyway. Reminds me of that "would you steal a car?" analogy coupled with disturbing imagery I was forced to endure before watching the movie I actually bought.

Wrong approach as usual.