Any anime you would Recommend to someone...

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Baron von Blitztank said:
Also, Welcome to The Escapist
I've never seen that... is that like Welcome to the NHK? Yes, I'm being a ponce asking that question... couldn't help myself... -_-

NyxNox said:
hi, im new here and i think im in the wrong forum but what Anime would you recommend to someone who hasn't watched anime in 4 years?
Well, since you've already asked on the User Group and I've answered... like... three times because the chat spazzed out, here's my stock list:

le Chevalier D'Eon
Ergo Proxy
Gankutsuou
Serial Experiments Lain
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Hourou Musuko
Last Exile
RahXephon
Haibane Renmei
Gunslinger Girl
Seirei no Moribito
Sword of the Stranger
Sky Crawlers

Enjoy... -_-

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well I'm just going to list my favorite anime here.

Clannad & Clannad After story, I just found it beautiful, the story is great, the characters are cute and powerful and it has a great romance story.

My top anime ever!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It all depends on what you're looking for honestly. I can tell you some of my favorites though!
Also, before my next list, WELCOME TO THE ESCAPIST!!! These will be trailers by the way...none of which are in the original Japanese...but you don't say if you prefer that over English so I assume that's alright. Also if any of these interest you then you may have some trouble in finding them all...

I actually couldn't find a trailer for this one...or the season 1 opening...I apologize...

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
>Code Geass
>(and Deathnote. Code geass is in essence a more actiony Deathnote, with mechs)

>Soul Eater

>Full Metal Alchemist (watch normal FMA, then FMA:Brotherhood, cause brotherhood is the better of the two. Both are great but you wanna end with Brotherhood rather than FMA, trust me)

>The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Seriously, there's a reason so many people recommend these. Just give them a shot.

Toy Yota

Jul 7, 2012
Here's three animes that you might really enjoy.

Gintama-came back on air after a 6 month break. Has a large number of episodes still growing.
Angel beats-A show that has made a lot of peopel cry
Reborn!-Large number of episodes, has funny moments, many fights although 3/4 of the anime is focused on one arc

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Depends on what you're into, but I'll just throw out a few titles:

Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Baccano!
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Trigun
Fullmetal Alchemist
Tenga Toppen Gurren Lagann
Outlaw Star

Have fun!

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
NyxNox said:
hi, im new here and i think im in the wrong forum but what Anime would you recommend to someone who hasn't watched anime in 4 years?
if you like action then look no further then hellsing ultimate
i mean really it's awesome

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
Oh god... Can't believe I forgot...

Motherfuckin' Cromartie High School! Forget all that other dreck I and everyone else mentioned and watch this right now!

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Cheesepower5 said:
Oh god... Can't believe I forgot...

Motherfuckin' Cromartie High School! Forget all that other dreck I and everyone else mentioned and watch this right now!
This, Oh I second this so much. There is no funnier stuff than Cromartie High School.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
I also agree on the Lucky Star anime. Hilarious. Anyways, is the Love Hina Anime any good? The Manga is one of my favorites (as it was one of my first that I read), but I haven't heard that many great things from the Anime.

Also could anyone explain to me why Guilty Crown is so hated? Sure Shu and Inori are the worst characters possible, but it has great animation, decent story, and great sound design.
Based on what I've seen of the manga, it seems like the anime doesn't really deviate too boldly from it. Speaking of deviation, you may notice that I didn't list certain popular anime series like Bleach and, Deathnote. This is because I greatly enjoyed the manga more than the anime series (although in the case of Bleach I stopped at number 24). Petshop of Horrors was another manga series that had a short anime run but the 10-manga mini-series greatly surpasses the anime in my opinion.

Also before I forget, this is why I didn't recommend DB/Z/GT:

Can't believe I forgot about Yu Yu Hakusho...

FlameAx

Feb 3, 2011
dont mean to steal the thread from OP but can anyone reccemend any good Medival fantasy anime's?i liked stuff like Berserk and Tower of Druaga , Doasnt have to be super bloody and serious but atleast no kid stuff

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Capitano Segnaposto said:
I also agree on the Lucky Star anime. Hilarious. Anyways, is the Love Hina Anime any good? The Manga is one of my favorites (as it was one of my first that I read), but I haven't heard that many great things from the Anime.

Also could anyone explain to me why Guilty Crown is so hated? Sure Shu and Inori are the worst characters possible, but it has great animation, decent story, and great sound design.
I would not recommend the Love Hina anime as it deviates quite a bit from the manga. The first six episodes do follow the manga very closely up to the point were Keitaro and Naru go to Kyoto after failing their exams. However, episodes 7-11 have nothing in common with the manga. Episodes 12-25 go back and forth between manga content and original content.

The two TV specials, from what I remember, follow the manga pretty well.

The 3 episode OVA series, "Love Hina Again", follows vol.11 and 12 very well however that's where the anime adaptations end and to my knowledge vol.13 and 14 were never adapted.

Now all that being said, the anime series isn't terrible but its mediocre.

As for Guilty Crown, I think some of that hatred has to do with the fact that the anime had a lot of hype behind it.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
For Comedy; Detroit Metal City, Cromartie High School, Desert Punk, Arakawa Under the Bridge

For Drama; AnoHana, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Kokoro Connect

For Mindbenders: The Future Diary, Paranoia Agent, Paprika, Death Note, The Tatami Galaxy

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Boku No Pico

I kid, dont watch that.

Generally we here on The Escapist recommend one "Cowboy Bebop". Sweet sci-fi anime, its better dubbed which makes it easy to get into as a new comer, plus it has a kick-ass soundtrack.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I just watched Elfen Lied.....
Never have I ever watched something that has made me feel such a diverse range of emotions. One minute Revulsion, Pity and Sadness the next Happiness, humoured, and hope.

There is some pretty extreme violence and abuse of cute little anime girls, but the sheer array of emotions it makes you feel is staggering I have never seen anything like it. Its not even the best anime I have ever seen its just when it did make me feel happy I felt really happy, it is hard to explain.
If you cannot stomach visceral dismemberment and an awkward smattering of naked little girls you should stay the hell away from this anime.

Really you should just watch DEATH NOTE!! it is my current favourite. But I can also heartily recommend Cromartie Highschool, it is poorly animated and makes no sense but you will laugh your ass off, if you like random humour.

Apologies for shocking grammar I should be in bed.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
verdant monkai said:
I just watched Elfen Lied.....
Never have I ever watched something that has made me feel such a diverse range of emotions. One minute Revulsion, Pity and Sadness the next Happiness, humoured, and hope.

There is some pretty extreme violence and abuse of cute little anime girls, but the sheer array of emotions it makes you feel is staggering I have never seen anything like it. Its not even the best anime I have ever seen its just when it did make me feel happy I felt really happy, it is hard to explain.
If you cannot stomach visceral dismemberment and an awkward smattering of naked little girls you should stay the hell away from this anime.

Really you should just watch DEATH NOTE!! it is my current favourite. But I can also heartily recommend Cromartie Highschool, it is poorly animated and makes no sense but you will laugh your ass off, if you like random humour.

Apologies for shocking grammar I should be in bed.
I finished watching Elfen Lied 3 days ago (moved onto Wolf's Rain now which I would highly recommend EDIT: Finished Wolf's Rain, would no longer recommend it, it gets worse as the series goes on and has one of the worst endings I have ever seen!), and it might be in my top 3 animes now, really emotionally exhausting although it has a happy ending and the tone of the show is just amazing, although there is a shit tonne of gore it goes with the plot which I like and that is coming from someone who dislikes huge ammounts of gore because I think it's stupid. Definatly a 9.5/10 anime, the only thing holding it back is Yuka, god I disliked her, mainly because she was always crying and complaining yet has the least problems out of the cast, seriously...
A victim of a Pedophile with parents who don't give 2 shits about her, 2 schizophrenic serial killers with one of them suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and Kouta, who had his sister and father brutally murdered.
... And yet she is the one who whines and cries all the time!