Any Bilingual Escapists here?

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Demented Teddy said:
Outright Villainy said:
Demented Teddy said:
Dhia dhuit, conas atá tú?
Tá tuirse orm anois -_-

Is feider liom caint as Bearla agus as Gaeilge.
Táim go maith, go raibh maith agait.
Bhí mo gaeilge i bhfad níos fearr cúpla bliain o shin, bhí mé beagnach líofa mar chuaigh mé go dt an gaeilteacht. Tá mé ag eirí níos measa an taim ar fad anois... Má tá gaielge maith agait, táim cinnte go bhfeiceann tú botúin i ngach áit.
Tá bróin orm faoi sin. :(
I understood that but do not know enough Irish to respond.
Bhfuil, tá sin go maith, mar bhí sin deachair chun scríobh. Rinne mé dearmad "Botúin" agus bhí orm é a féachaint ar on interwebz.

I'm really getting pretty sucky at it, I'll probably take it up for the extra credits we have to do in college next year.

Tá sé go léir cleachtadh. :p

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Slovak is my primary language,then there's Czech, since just about every slovak person can speak Czech. I've been learning English for nearly 11 years now and French... well, I guess I can manage at least "je ne comprend pas" after the two hopeless years.

I have this friend though, the girl speaks all the languages I do, yet much more fluently (yes, even her Slovak is more fluent than mine) + Spanish + Portugese + Romanian + Swedish + Italian and is currently learning German. She's 17. I have a serious suspicion that the girl has no life at all.

Blackality

Oct 18, 2009
Portuguese as my first
Second, English
Third, French/Italian/Spanish (i learned them intuitively due to the fact that all of them are romanic, latin, languages like portuguese)

And i'm starting to catch some japanese words and expressions because of the endless hours i spent watching anime.

krseyffert

Jan 6, 2010
I speak English and Sarcasm....

i'm supposed to be able to speak Afrikaans too, but i don't pay attention in class

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Norwegian is my first language (This means I can understand both Swedish and Danish) .
English, naturally.
Trying to learn French.

Norsk er forstespraket mitt (Dette betyr at jeg forstar bade Svensk og Dansk)
Engelsk, naturligvis.
Prover a laere Fransk.

Edit: I would also love to learn Japanese and Icelandic. Japanese would be easier to learn than other languages because I encounter it as often as I do, and Icelandic would be easier to learn because it does hold some similarities with Norwegian.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Lemon Of Life said:
Ma langue maternelle, c'est le français, mais je parle courrament en anglais, ce qui est très utile.
I am delighted to find that I could understand that sentence. That means I have actually learned something in French class.
I have no idea what 'courrament' means though.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Bilingual French and English, with a healthy dose of Spanish too. Not fluent, but not bad.

Blackality

Oct 18, 2009
Jonluw said:
Lemon Of Life said:
Ma langue maternelle, c'est le français, mais je parle courrament en anglais, ce qui est très utile.
I am delighted to find that I could understand that sentence. That means I have actually learned something in French class.
It means correctly

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
I'm a french canadian. I learned english in 3rd grade. Note* You would'nt beleive the shit you get on the internet.

I think spanish sounds like the manliest thing on earth. I may learn it someday.
It isn't manly. I'm on the country next to it ( yes, that puny thing called Portugal ), and I've been to Spain lots of times. Didn't really sound manly ( Disclamer: I'm not racist, nor insulting anybody ).

OT: I speak Portuguese as a first language, English as a second, and some German, Japanese, and French.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Jonluw said:
Lemon Of Life said:
Fluently ;)

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Demented Teddy said:
Dhia dhuit, conas atá tú?
Tá tuirse orm anois -_-

Is feider liom caint as Bearla agus as Gaeilge.

Kollega said:
Well, Russian is my first language, and English is the second. I've also tried to learn German so i could scare people better, but this effort got delayed.
[HEADING=1]THIS GUY HAS ME ON HIS IGNORE LIST![/HEADING]
What?! Who would do such a thing?!
OT: I only speak English and bad English...

careful

Jul 28, 2010
posting in japanese!
いろんな母語ですね。英語以外大分のはスペイン語のようです。私、日本人ではなく、日本語を学んでるからだんだんわかるようになったきたんです。アニメがすきわけでもなくて外語としては興味があります。本当はね、日本語は他の言葉と比べると、特別な言語であるまい。だから、epic languageってなことを言わないでくださいねw。日本語を勉強することにしてる人へ、がんばろうね!

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
I grew up with Norwegian and German thanks to my parents.

Later I learned English and dutch, so now I speak 4 languages fluently. Really the only thing I'm somewhat proud of.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Dutch as my first language.
Fluent in English. (interesting how many Dutch say they are fluent in English when a native speaker often can't understand them... Ah well.)

I can cope in French and German.
I have some basic knowledge of Italian, Spanish and Japanese (as in, when someone speaks in that language I can understand what they're saying well enough).
And some knowledge of Latin, Ancient Greek and some nerdiness like Quenya and Sindarin. I like learning new languages.