Any games where you liked the sequel more than the first?

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Kingdom Hearts II. I love the first Kingdom Hearts as well, but that's a lot of nostalgia, and Kingdom Hearts II has almost nothing I dislike about it. Other than Atlantica.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
Hmm, the only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (as opposed to Ring of Fates), since it was a lot more flexible with creating characters, equipping items, and had a much less clunky way to handle multiplayer(although the original on the Gamecube is still my favorite), Megaman Zero 2, which had more hidden secrets and made it easier to get energy crystals, and Megaman ZX Advent (compared to the first), although that's mainly due to the fact that I played Advent first, and thus had higher expectations for ZX.

Oh, and Pokemon G/S and Crystal, when compared to Red/Blue. There are so many improvements, it's not even funny. (Real time clock and calender, events based on the time and day of the week, day/night cycle for finding pokemon, more organized bag system, seeing a TM's name without having to boot it up, graphical improvements such as color, inclusiou of the original Kanto region, the list goes on and on....)

Yellow was still pretty cool, though. Pika!

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
I'm going for Starwars Battlefront 2, I don't care about Star Wars so the improved game play was what sold it for me.
Assassins Creed 2. (improved on the first)
Gears of War 2. (improved on the first)
Possibly Crackdown 2 but I'm still kind of on the fence at the moment... its realy an arguement between improved gameplay/graphics/fun against story but I think fun is going too win it because Fun has helicopters...

The_Puppy_Prince

Jul 28, 2010
Stalker Clear Sky
-With some heavy modding-
Great game
But redoes alot of set pieces and areas from SoC
but i love it more than SoC for it general interactivity,

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Batman arkham city.

Oh don't give me that: It's not even out yet speech. You're going to play it, I'm going to play it and we all going agree that it's actually BEATS Arkham Asylum.

Heck we didn't even see any gameplay movies yet and I'm excited.

But on my other list is Jak 3 and Assassin creed 2, due to the simple fact that they learn to improve on the games.

Daestar

Jul 11, 2010
Oblivion I liked more than Morrowind, even if they got rid of the spear and unarmored skills, I soon forgave Bethesda.

Also, I have to say I like Assassin's Creed 2 more than Creed 1 and am ready for Creed: Brotherhood to shoot both those in the face and win it all. But that can be dangerous thinking with hype.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 both were better than the originals.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Chancie said:
So, are there any games out there where you liked the sequel better than the original? I'm sure there are a few.

For me, I sort of enjoyed Drakengard 2 more than the first. The first was brilliant and I loved everything about it, but there was something about the second game that made me enjoy it even more.

I also liked Parasite Eve 2 more than the first one.

Now, you guys?
I disagree about Parasite Eve. The originals story is spectacular. I hope The 3rd Birthday is as good.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
LocoRoco2 takes everything that made the original awesome and makes it better, as well as throwing in a ton of fantastic new content. It's the definition of an improved sequel.

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Batman arkham city
You beat me to it lol xD

I'm gonna go with Zelda II. Beats Zelda I by a long shot in my opinion, especially liked the action parts. But man was it hard...