Any games where you liked the sequel more than the first?

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
octafish said:
Jagged Alliance 2 is a lot more polished in terms of gameplay.
Dude i love you, years and years ago i had a demo disk with Jagged Alliance 2 on it and was like this game is amasing but i forgot the name and kept searching things like 'jagex' but reading your post finally sparked my memory, now i can get this game as i know what it is :):):):)

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
BoosterGold said:
Treblaine said:
OF COURSE!

[HEADING=2]Metal Gear Solid![/HEADING]

It was a sequel to the MSX(2) and NES 'Metal Gear' and 'Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake' which were in actually fact pretty lame games even for the 8-16 bit era. But Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation and Later PC... that was an all time classic, one of the best and most influential games of all times... and a sequel of all things though a very distant one but HUGELY improved over predecessors.
You forgot SNAKES REVENGE
Snake's Revenge not only isn't canon, not only was made without Kojima even being aware of it (till it was almost finished) but it was hardly an improvement over the butchered NES port of Metal Gear 1.

Metal Gear Solid is proof that even though you may have the most janky and flawed series it can still make an amazing comeback that can utterly revolutionise the industry and the art form, and that's without dismissing the past instalments but embracing their best parts.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
I preferred Golden Sun The Lost Age over the first one. Although maybe the fact that I played the sequel first without realizing it. When I did finally play GS1, it just didn't feel as fun for some reason. I guess because I already knew everything that happened by that point.
The second one was alot better. There was just so much more that you could do and it allowed for a little more freedom with regards to the order of certain dungeons. I do still really like the first one, too, though. I can't wait for Dark Dawn.

Also, Assassin's Creed 2.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
saints row 2
Jak 2

both had fine originals but the sequels improved on just about everything, especially the addition of an open world in Jak 2.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
Bucht said:
Glamorgan said:
I was about to say Assassin's Creed 2, but I honestly don't think I can. I mean, yes, ACII is a better game. But if you have played the first one, you will remember that feeling that you get after sneaking into a heavily guarded fortress, pulling off an epic assassination, and escaping with half a city of guards chasing you. I remember one time, when I kept letting myself get seen by the guards, just after an assassination, for almost 45 minutes, just because it was so damn fun!
Sure, the second one was much better, but it was just way too easy. It just didn't give me that gut feeling of fun that the first one did.
So yes. ACII was better than the first one, but AC was more fun. Does that make any sense?
I feel exactly the same way about it as you do, AC II just didn't feel like a sequel to the game we fell in love with.
Someone agrees? Woah. That's a first. Everyone I know preferred the second one.

Dane Tesston

Jul 27, 2010
Sly Cooper 2. The first one was great, but the second just had more to it, in a good way, and Bentlys one of my favorite characters, so that was an added bonus for me.

Dane Tesston

Jul 27, 2010
Here, here. Dark Jak was plenty cool, too. Now, if only the story had stayed a little more coharent when going into the third game.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Fallout 2 has to be my favourite fallout. I played a fuckton of Fallout 3 but I didn't nearly as like it as much as Fallout 2
Also Monster Hunter Tri. That game was fun.
Also DJ Max Trilogy (is a sequel to DJ Max Online), which had more content, gameplay modes and also has also been able to let us play with the blasted KSSN malarchy :D

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
VikingSteve said:
Half-Life 2.

That's no easy feat either. They were both Game of the Year. Not many games can do that.
Really? REALLY? When did you play the original HL?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Pokemon Gold and Silver were more enjoyable to me than the first 2.

I suppose thats the only instance I can really even begin to suggest 'sequel' since Gold and Silver did have this '3 years later' thing going on.

BoosterGold

Jul 21, 2010
Treblaine said:
BoosterGold said:
Treblaine said:
OF COURSE!

[HEADING=2]Metal Gear Solid![/HEADING]

It was a sequel to the MSX(2) and NES 'Metal Gear' and 'Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake' which were in actually fact pretty lame games even for the 8-16 bit era. But Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation and Later PC... that was an all time classic, one of the best and most influential games of all times... and a sequel of all things though a very distant one but HUGELY improved over predecessors.
You forgot SNAKES REVENGE
Snake's Revenge not only isn't canon, not only was made without Kojima even being aware of it (till it was almost finished) but it was hardly an improvement over the butchered NES port of Metal Gear 1.

Metal Gear Solid is proof that even though you may have the most janky and flawed series it can still make an amazing comeback that can utterly revolutionise the industry and the art form, and that's without dismissing the past instalments but embracing their best parts.
I know that but I played that game as a kid , and it is fun to say SNAKES REVENGE?!XD

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn,
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Diablo 2
Age of Empires 2

And lastly, while I love Half-Life, I had/have had much more fun, and put many more hours, into Half-Life 2.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Assassin's Creed come to mind. Not just because of better graphics and mechanics though...

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
kannibus said:
Okay, gonna say it. I liked Baldur's Gate 2 better than the original. It just seemed to have a more epic story.
Signed.

And Thief 2 really perfected thief 1.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
There´s quite a bunch of them.

Half Life 2, Silent Hill 2, Mass Effect 2, Max Payne 2, Assassin´s Creed 2, Uncharted 2...

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
Silent Hill 2.
Resident Evil 2
Hitman 2
Uncharted 2
Just Cause 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

and a few others...