Any games where you liked the sequel more than the first?

stiborge

Sep 23, 2009
Left 4 Dead 2, I enjoyed Gears of War 2 more then I enjoyed one, even though neither were my favorite game. Fable 2. Kingdom Hearts 2. Fatal Frame 2.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
VikingSteve said:
The first Golden Sun was the better one. Mainly because with all the new Djinni in the second one, if you had all 72 you had a pretty much unkillable party... double Samurai, Ninja, and healer and it's done deal for any boss. The only bosses that actually gave me a run for my money were the Star Magician at first, and then of course, Dullahan.
Fucking hell, Dullahan... With a very djinn-oriented battle style, like mine always was, fighting a boss who just removed all your djinn every other turn was hell! As was the fact he had an insta-kill move in Charon. You lose your revive psynergy one turn thanks to having less than 4 earth djinn ready, and then half your party goes down... It was awful!
I preferred the first one anyway. Doesn't Golden Sun DS come out soon-ish?

OT: Assassin's Creed 2, maybe Mass Effect 2, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Gears of War 2, and I prefer Pokémon Soul Silver to any of the previous iterations of the series.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Yes

Mass Effect 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Team Fortess 2
KOTOR 2

I think I should stop. The list goes on. Like Yahtzee said it take to about the third one to start messing things up.

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
Red Steel 2 was way better than Red Steel

Jak 2 was better than Jak and Daxter and Jak 3 was better than Jak 2

Resident Evil 4 was better than all the ones before it when it came to gameplay.

Gutkrusha

Nov 19, 2009
Assassin's Creed 2, Diablo 2, Fable 2... I enjoyed Halo 2 a lot longer than I did Halo 1 just because I was horrible at Halo 1, and Halo 2 had Xbox Live.

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
LustFull0ne said:
Street Fighter 2.

Have you played the original? I haven't.
I have. I beat the original... its terrible. The moves only execute when they feel like it.

So for me:

Medieval 2: Total War

Better than Medieval and Shogun and Rome in almost every way. The others are nice for their setting but the raw game of Medieval 2 was brilliant, so much so that Empire was a bit disappointing.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

I loved arena and Daggerfall for their openness, but Morrowind was something new. A huge world hand crafted by some amazing artists. A living, breathing, hand sculpted world with all of the touch stones of classic RPG's.

I will never forget the first time I saw the city of Vivec.

Grand Theft Auto III

I could never get into GTA 1 & 2 with their top down camera, they just never appealed to me but GTA 3 was a revolution in gaming and created a new genera.

Elite III - Frontier First Encounters

Elite is an amazing game, but it was also very dated. Frontier expanded upon it in every conceivable way and then FFE improved upon it some more. To this day no space sim has even come close to how awesome Elite was.

X3: terran Conflict

Ive played the X-series since Beyond the Frontier and they always seemed a little shallow. The inaccessibility of the UI and counter intuitiveness of the controls really hurts the series overall by never allowing the player to become fully immersed in the game or its world. X3:TC fixed this.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Blubberburg said:
octafish said:
Jagged Alliance 2 is a lot more polished in terms of gameplay.
Dude i love you, years and years ago i had a demo disk with Jagged Alliance 2 on it and was like this game is amasing but i forgot the name and kept searching things like 'jagex' but reading your post finally sparked my memory, now i can get this game as i know what it is :):):):)
You can get it online from Good Old Games.

LightningBanks

Apr 15, 2009
Considering it says which one you liked best and not which one IS better, im gonna go with...

Power stone 2-More openness and 4 player combat

Resident evil 5- I had lots of fun messing around of co-op

Jet set radio future- Not sure why, just preferred it

Fable 2

Sonic adventure 2

Worms 3D

And there was one i had when i started looking at thie thread, but i forgot it shortly after >.<

Vromnir

Sep 23, 2008
Mass Effect 2, because you could interrupt a villian's monologue.......with your gun.

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
Void(null) said:
Medieval 2: Total War

Better than Medieval and Shogun and Rome in almost every way. The others are nice for their setting but the raw game of Medieval 2 was brilliant, so much so that Empire was a bit disappointing.
Agreed.

They kind of went downhill after Medieval 2 - which I happen to be playing a lot of right now.

The only problem is that even on very hard it's an easy game to beat.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
BoosterGold said:
Treblaine said:
BoosterGold said:
Treblaine said:
OF COURSE!

[HEADING=2]Metal Gear Solid![/HEADING]

It was a sequel to the MSX(2) and NES 'Metal Gear' and 'Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake' which were in actually fact pretty lame games even for the 8-16 bit era. But Metal Gear Solid for the Playstation and Later PC... that was an all time classic, one of the best and most influential games of all times... and a sequel of all things though a very distant one but HUGELY improved over predecessors.
You forgot SNAKES REVENGE
Snake's Revenge not only isn't canon, not only was made without Kojima even being aware of it (till it was almost finished) but it was hardly an improvement over the butchered NES port of Metal Gear 1.

Metal Gear Solid is proof that even though you may have the most janky and flawed series it can still make an amazing comeback that can utterly revolutionise the industry and the art form, and that's without dismissing the past instalments but embracing their best parts.
I know that but I played that game as a kid , and it is fun to say SNAKES REVENGE?!XD
Hmm, is it fun to say [HEADING=1]SNAKE'S REVENGE?[/HEADING]
Yeah, you're right, it is kinda fun to say[HEADING=1]SNAKE'S REVENGE[/HEADING]

Did you know[HEADING=1]GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS[/HEADING]is an anagram of [HEADING=1]STRENGTH OF UTOPIAS[/HEADING]

mind = fucked

Hvati

May 5, 2009
Fallout 2, Time Splitters 2, Assassins Creed 2, Team Fortress 2, Half life 2, L4D2, R2D2, NFS:Underground 2, Civilization 2, Doom 2, Monkey Island 2, CODMW2, BFBC2 to name a dozenþ