Any Super Street Fighter IV players out there?

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
I used play religiously until more information about the Arcade Edition came out. Then I just lost all drive. I've been wanting to come back lately though. I main Juri and Cammy on the 360.

TragicHero84

Dec 14, 2010
I'll play it until AE comes out on the consoles. They ruined my Cammy. FUCK YOU CAPCOM! I'm tempted to never buy another Capcom game as long as I live just to spite them for completely fucking up Cammy.

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
I have a very intense love/hate relationship with fighting games. On one hand, I love them tremendously. On the other, I suck at them and can't pull off complex moves.

The tiebreaker came in the form of my wicked bad girlcrush on Cammy, so I purchased it as soon as it came out, and every once in a while I break it out whenever I feel like fuming in silent frustration for 15 or 20 minutes.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
TragicHero84 said:
I'll play it until AE comes out on the consoles. They ruined my Cammy. FUCK YOU CAPCOM! I'm tempted to never buy another Capcom game as long as I live just to spite them for completely fucking up Cammy.
....Isn't that kind of petty and extreme? You can just live with the changes and adapt if you like that character so much. I never understood how people can go to this sort of extreme when they can just adapt to the changes and still be good with said character...or actually branch out and try others.

I'm not gonna boycott a company or said game if they decide to work things around, just means you gotta rethink your strategy.

TragicHero84

Dec 14, 2010
Pygmalion said:
Oh you mean the fact that she now has to pay 1 EX bar for her dive kick combo?
No. In addition to not being able to do her instant cannon strike, the fact that she can't even do her cannon strike until a certain height in the air, and the height is so high up that it's useless now. The fact that you can't FADC out of her spiral arrow anymore, and they made the 2 hits of her HK spiral arrow much shorter, meaning most of the time it won't hit twice. The fact that they made her cannon spike even MORE punishable than it was, making it the worst DP in the game. The fact that we were supposed to get buffs to our normals, but her normals now push the opponent back too far to do any good combos.

And now let's compare Cammy to Yun:

Dive kick, Yuns can be used higher and is more versatile than SSF4 Cammy's dive.

Spinning back fist, Yun has shoulder slam, it combos better and into U1 like cammy.

Hooligan, trade this for a solid command throw. More reliable, hooligan only has a few setups and most are reactable.

Cannon spike, I'm no sure but his reversal seems good enough I don't know the frame data on it though.

Spiral arrow, yun has a fullscreen dash punch.(I believe it has better combo options?) The lack of low hit is almost a non issue since you use it for the same purpose and anyone who has played 10 rounds against cammy is blocking low until she does a full jump.

His normals are great and he actually has an overhead which is a large slap into cammys face.

So, no. Not because I have to use a bar for her instant dive kicks.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I wish.
Iv played it a few times in my local arcade and i really like it.
Its a lot faster paced than most other SF iv played and it suits my style.Once i get a 360 it will be one of the games i get, after MvC3 of course.
So ill keep the group in mind.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
meh i used to play it but after getting totally wasted by players who play it religously, i just gave up. i usually played sagat or c. viper

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
SSF4s all I ever really play these days. My GTs my user name if your up for some games.

Pygmalion

Dec 28, 2010
TragicHero84 said:
Pygmalion said:
Oh you mean the fact that she now has to pay 1 EX bar for her dive kick combo?
No. In addition to not being able to do her instant cannon strike, the fact that she can't even do her cannon strike until a certain height in the air, and the height is so high up that it's useless now. The fact that you can't FADC out of her spiral arrow anymore, and they made the 2 hits of her HK spiral arrow much shorter, meaning most of the time it won't hit twice. The fact that they made her cannon spike even MORE punishable than it was, making it the worst DP in the game. The fact that we were supposed to get buffs to our normals, but her normals now push the opponent back too far to do any good combos.

And now let's compare Cammy to Yun:

Dive kick, Yuns can be used higher and is more versatile than SSF4 Cammy's dive.

Spinning back fist, Yun has shoulder slam, it combos better and into U1 like cammy.

Hooligan, trade this for a solid command throw. More reliable, hooligan only has a few setups and most are reactable.

Cannon spike, I'm no sure but his reversal seems good enough I don't know the frame data on it though.

Spiral arrow, yun has a fullscreen dash punch.(I believe it has better combo options?) The lack of low hit is almost a non issue since you use it for the same purpose and anyone who has played 10 rounds against cammy is blocking low until she does a full jump.

His normals are great and he actually has an overhead which is a large slap into cammys face.

If you ask me all dive kicks should be removed from the game anyway. I hate being forced into guessing games by these attacks. Its either, block and get thrown, or tech a throw and eat a combo. If the hitboxes of the attacking characters werent so messed up during these dive kicks, and if you could actually stuff them out of their attacks like out of normal jumps with anti airs, i wouldnt mind, but buggy hitbox + forced guessing game with no end in sight since a complete combo equals knockdown, sucks some serious balls.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
TragicHero84 said:
Sako, probably the best Cammy player in the world, doesn't seem to think Cammy's nerfs are that bad.

I main Chun by the way. Easy hitconfirms ahoy.

TragicHero84

Dec 14, 2010
Woe Is You said:
TragicHero84 said:
Sako, probably the best Cammy player in the world, doesn't seem to think Cammy's nerfs are that bad.

Is that why he dropped her in AE?

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
I usually play Makoto. I switch to Dudley sometimes when i get really pissed off at her.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
TragicHero84 said:
Woe Is You said:
TragicHero84 said:

Is that why he dropped her in AE?
Well, based on his Twitter he has played enough Cammy to find out that she has outright silly advantage with some of her moves on hit AND on block. They also didn't change her "unblockable" lk crossup (which isn't actually unblockable but is really tough to block).

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I play for 360, buy only when my ego needs a large, reality-check-sized slice of humble pie.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Pygmalion said:
I just played together with a friend of mine and Chrome Alchemist.
Nice Ken you got there. I curse this forward medium kick to hell or whatever it is when he sticks out his foot in front of him and steps forward...
I acutally never expect Kens i see online to be any good but you proved me wrong.
Cheers
Thanks. To be honest all I saw was sloppy execution on my part. My crouching jabs to crouching medium kick combos were off by miles, and I didn't pressure enough. My main problem is that I crack far too easily.

I've had better days than that, but it doesn't matter because I'm confident you'd still come out on top. Your Makoto is excellent. For all the downsides people claim she has, your pressure strings are on point and your frame traps...don't get me started!

I definitely want to play you again soon, especially your Abel. >_<

P.S. Yeah, forward medium kick has ridiculous range. And your friend's Dhalsim was annoying (which means he was good!)!

Woe Is You said:
TragicHero84 said:

Chun "everything I do combos into U2"-Li?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Durxom said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Just for the record, I love Street Fighter to death. So much so that I bought a 360 dirt cheap just for it (yes I know, the cardinal sin of console purchase, but it was very cheap).

Does anyone else play Super Street Fighter IV? Who's your favourite character(s)? Mine are Ken, Juri, Cammy and Makoto.

Also if you're up for some matches, join this group and add my gamertag, it's "Chr0meAlchem1st". http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Dojo
I see how it is T_T Leaving the PC group behind like that...for shame..

If I did play it, I would probably be Hakan or Fuerte again, but since I can't..-goes back to playing Blazblue:CT for PC-
Durxom my man, believe me when I say this: My PC is broken. When it gets fixed, I WILL still be playing with you, as long as you are up for it. I've actually felt bad since.

On a lighter note, did you see the rumour for Marvel VS Capcom 3 for the PC? And how is your Fei-Long coming along? Keep fighting the good fight, he's an excellent character! :D

TragicHero84 said:
I feel you to be honest. To me, the HK Spiral Arrow being shorter, having no FADC properties and the instant air cannon strike requiring higher distance before start up will probably kill the drive for a lot of Cammy players to keep going (enjoy a crap load of Focus Attack counters), but IA cannon strike was a bit much.

Granted, it did concrete her as one of the best pressure players in the game, and nerfing that to high heaven might make her a bit more of a punisher than a pressure player, but having next to no wakeup options against her was a bit of a *****, and I guess Capcom saw that.

I dunno, let's wait for more info to arise on AE. There are things that haven't been blogged by Capcom that are in there.

Worse still, they reportedly gave the IA dive kick to Juri (she a quasi-IA dive kick before, but you had to jump up first to do it when you hit the ground, so it didn't really count). IMO she needs it, she's risky enough to play anything other than a zoning character. But Yun? He's gonna be to this game like Marth and Falco were to Smash Bros. Melee. Every tournament is gonna have at least five of him and every time you guess wrong you're eating 60% off a Genei-Jin combo. I'd like to agree with Pygmalion that they shouldn't be in this game at all, but I like them there.
klc0100 said:
SSF4s all I ever really play these days. My GTs my user name if your up for some games.
I'll add you later!

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
Real men play as Dan.

Just kidding, Dan is my favourite character and I usually play as him online.

But to be honest I don't play regularily, and I haven't played SSF4 in quite a while, (waiting for my fighting stick to arrive (its just a Hori EX2, and even then it wasn't cheap!! (20 quid used!)), then it will be time for a fighting game frenzy!).