Anybody find sex overrated?

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
I actually think sex is underrated and that adults, in general, should have more of it.

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health

Sex should be enjoyed every day, multiple times a day! :D

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Sex is like pizza

Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good

I guess the toppings would be kinks/fetishes which make it much more exciting ;D

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I couldn't tell you, I've never had it. I'll tell you one thing, society's fixation on it has made me scared shitless.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Shraggler said:
Sex is the epitome of physical pleasure that we can naturally experience (i.e. sans drugs or some sort of artificial, neuro-scientific experiment).

An orgasm... what is even a near-equivalent experience?
I dunno man, I've had that rare poo that just hits all the right spots after a week of nothing but lime yogurt, juice, and fruit. It's pretty damn great.

But I will say that sex CAN be overrated. Mostly when you're a teenager/new at it and much like cussing, you don't know how to fucking do it(not that I think I've ever gotten better at cussing). You've got to have a couple partners and yourself looking to find out about bodies, much like anything else, it's noticing patterns and figuring out what needs to be tickled in what order. Before that, sex is just another one of those things. It's free, it's fun, and it's for 2-50 players, it's the perfect party game!

canadamus_prime said:
I couldn't tell you, I've never had it. I'll tell you one thing, society's fixation on it has made me scared shitless.
Not much to be scared about really, just some self-control and someone else that wants to try it out with ya. And honestly most of society's fixation I've found is the romanticized trust you have to have for someone to do it with. Though that's been somewhat changed the last few decades.

Lil devils x said:
I actually think sex is underrated and that adults, in general, should have more of it.

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health

Sex should be enjoyed every day, multiple times a day! :D
Isn't that also the site people go on to find out why their head hurts after asprin and find out they have rare genetic deformity that only affects members of the Southern Italian Peninsula Aristocracy that ruled circa 1420?

Not to dismiss it, but the site's not exactly the most reliable source as anything other than just a specific wiki/TVTropes type thing.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
PsychicTaco115 said:
Sex is like pizza

Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good

I guess the toppings would be kinks/fetishes which make it much more exciting ;D
Sex is like ice-cream. Every flavor is good. Even if it's just vanilla.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
I've never much cared for it, and, as a result, can barely be said to have ever really done it.

And Recent evidence would suggest I'm really not at all that into sex for the sake of sex. Rather, it's a desire that arises naturally from being around someone I really like.
Even then, I don't think it's sex itself that I'm drawn to all that much, as it is just the general idea of physical intimacy. Their body clIse to mine, pressed together, holding eachother...
That sort of thing. Yes, it easily leads to sex... But that's a small part, something which is built on all the other intimacy arround it.
Pull it apart, and seperare it from all that other stuff, and it just gets to be dull, and frustrating.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Yeah I do, I'm under the impression I have a really low Libido. But lots of people seem to like it, just don't get sucked in by the whirlwind of hype about it, or let it bother you.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh I'm sure it is... to all you bastards who actually have it. >:' [

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I never bought into the hype, I just waited to find out for myself if it was worth it or not. First experience? 4/10, not great but the other person involved was an unsuitable mate so yeah.
I eventually went on to many, many, many different partners some of whom I don't think I got the names of before I booted them out the door. Most of which was going through the motions, and very very few were actually compatible. Those few compatible ones though made it worth it but now I'm married and its a special occasion thing, not something I do every day, and thats perfectly fine.
Is it overrated? Depends on how you look at it, I think its special when you find the right person and isn't something you need to do all the time, or even frequently. Just as long as you find a compatible partner that you can enjoy it with and connect with.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Society's obsession with sex is way over the top, yeah.

The degree to which I find it overrated depends on if I'm getting it or not, and I've been dry for like a year now so...
I don't find it too overrated at the moment, I gotta say. >_>

Trizzo

Oct 18, 2013
No it isn't.

All of these "4/10, it was not that great when I did it" =/= sex is overrated.

When you have the sex you want and with someone who is compatible the lightbulb will switch on.

Dasidreidia

Jul 15, 2015
I say it is overrated. I've had a pretty even split of good and bad partners, and it's never impressed me all that much. Yeah it's nice to do every now and again, but it doesn't live up to the hype.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It's not important when you had your fill / partner got dull / your hormones are in decline.
But to anyone who's hormones are going wild, hasn't had any for ages and possibly just met someone new and exciting... sex becomes the most important shit in the universe. One situation does not apply to everyone, nor does one day work out the same as the next.

WhiteRat07

Some guy
Aug 13, 2009
You may just not have found what works for you yet. I didn't really start enjoying sex until my wife started strangling me shortly before I climaxed.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Sex is sex. It's crazy, it's funny, and it's a general feel-good drug.

All-in-all, how much you enjoy it depends on numerous factors.
How you're wired, and what you're doing.
The person your with.
How experienced the both of you are.
How much your willing to communicate.
How serious about it you are.

Obviously, what I enjoy isn't the same as what you enjoy. As for what you enjoy? I don't know! Your body will give you a general idea about it, but it's up to you to experiment and explore. Of course, having someone open about it is just as important. Keep sex fresh with someone you care about.

Sex also is never going to be perfect on your first try. I'm serious. It takes time, and it takes someone you can talk to about. It tapes practice, but don't feel bad because you're not an "Alpha"[footnote]Fuck me that term's degraded quite a bit, hasn't it?[/footnote] or you haven't fucked 5000 women/men. Because that makes no different. Sex is only as good as how much you're willing to be with and communicate with the person you're with.

And finally? Never take it seriously. I mean, there are things you just don't do. (Rope around the neck is one, but that's when shit gets kinky~) But I'm serious. Our bodies are funny. Laugh it off, joke about it, and don't feel embarrassed. If your partner gets off, make sure that person helps you get off and that you enjoy the time you spent (Looking at you, ladies. Whip-em till he pleases you!)

Is it overrated? Depends on the person. Younger people are hard-wired to want/need it because that's how humans are built. As you get older, most people give less of a fuck. When it comes to sex, it's just about having fun and giving someone enough trust to make sure you feel good. It can be a great part of human interaction as, again, we're designed to crave and feel good when we get it. But, for a lot of people, why not just snuggle instead?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I don't find it overrated. BUT I think I can see the problem: for decades now, media has been feeding people footage of people having some kind of crazy (almost narcotic) pleasure from it. So, younger generations who hadn't had one expect this reaction for themselves.
What is often left out is that having sex with a random person is, while nice, will not feel super awesome. What is often left out is that the greatest pleasure comes from doing it with (and satisfying) a person you deeply care about, a person that is your best friend and your sexual idol in one body.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
It's like anything else: it can be great, it can be shitty. I've had great sex now, but I remember thinking my first time "well that was a lot of hype for fuck all." I didn't get even remotely close to orgasm with the guy. I laughed afterwards (not while he was around) because it had been talked up like some ~magical~ experience by some friends of mine that I am now pretty sure were actually virgins regurgitating romance novels, because I'd had masturbation sessions 1000x times better, and all I got was some rote hip thrusting and spunk.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I don't think it's overrated at all, it can be the greatest thing ever; especially if it's coupled with a great deal of intimacy.

That said, I do think the notion of having as much sex as possible whenever possible is overrated. It only "lives up to the hype" when it remains something special. Personally I never went along with the idea of sex being something casual that you do every evening or morning.

I might be a hopeless romantic in that sense though, as it has caused the ire of several partners for me.