Anybody have any newly discovered bands that were instantly a favorite?

MrTwo

Aug 9, 2011
Strain42 said:
The band that blew my mind you can hear without even leaving this site.

That's right, I'm talking about Miracle of Sound. I didn't know what it was, I usually don't pay attention to most new stuff on The Escapist until I see an episode title that intrigues me enough to watch it.

Well the first time I heard MoS' Little Sister song...blew. my. mind. Now I have all his songs (paid for them, gotta support bands you like) and they're on CDs in my car.

Even songs about games I don't play I find really good. Just love his stuff.
Hell yes! Out of my top 25 most played songs on iTunes, MoS occupies around 15 spaces. Love it!

2HF

May 24, 2011
Jane Rose and the Dead End Boys. They're a small rockabilly band out of Nashville. You can check em out on reverbnation or facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJOQ4zCEaAM&feature=relmfu

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
malmodir said:
My newest discovery was Turbowolf [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGcUhhTA-xM]. Saw them as a supporting act and they rocked.
Wooo! They're from 'round these parts, I've seen them so many times (seeing them on Saturday with Skindred).

Saw Black Spiders supporting Airbourne a couple of years ago, and I loved them ever since.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Well, before Manowar, I wasn't into metal.
Other than that, I was recommended Amon Amarth because I like, nay love, Manowar.
Damn, son...
That's good stuff...

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I just recently discovered Gojira. Well, I've heard of them many times from a friend, but only just bothered to listen.
Best consumed live:

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Couldn't get into Animals As Leaders.

Currently I'm liking The Weeknd, which was definitely a surprise because I'm usually a metal/rock/hardcore person and have never been into R&B before. It was the same with Burial (dubstep) and Katy Perry (pop) before. I guess I like the gritty, grimy and tired party vibe to it. Fits well with recent personal experiences and I like dark music anyway.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Good choice man, I was introduced to Gojira a few years back, never have I heard such amazing vocals, and I adore their imaginationative lyrics

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Hmm I just recently discovered Neon Trees watching a car/pandora commercial. Apparently they had this song "animal" that was super popular not too long back and i'd heard it before but never really bothered looking into it.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
My latest Newly discovered band was Rosetta, a genre which I think is known as Space Metal. This band mixes full on Heavy Metal with Ambient Sounds and tracks, and I think it works.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
Not really... all the newish bands seem to have club mix and while that is catchy and I like it. Well, its just not something I actively search for.

Last bands I discovered were

Armor for Sleep

Mogwai

Halestorm

Die Toten Hosen

Cute Is What We Aim For

Cauterize

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Gogol Bordello: crazy Eastern European gypsy punk rock, with a lead singer who is patently insane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3SUPPeuRdU&ob=av3n

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
I just discovered Katteni Shiyagare - a pretty dang good Japanese jazz band.
Here's one of their songs:

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
I recently got into an Aussie group called The Rumjacks but then I read this morning that the singer is going to jail for Domestic Violence. Yikes.