Anybody have high hopes for the new Wolfenstein game by Bethesda?

SmallHatLogan

Jan 23, 2014
delta4062 said:
SmallHatLogan said:
Cloned31 said:
Also the trailer for it has "All Along the Watchtower" included. Need I say more?
You mean the quintessential Vietnam War song is being used in a game about Nazis? Yes, you need say more.

OT: I played a bit of Castle Wolfenstein and I've played Wolfenstein 3D. Both great games. I did play Return to Castle Wolfenstein and I don't recall liking it very much. I haven't played Wolfenstein '09 (and don't plan to). But looking at some of gameplay for the new one it looks pretty cool. I won't be rushing out to buy it day one but I'll probably pick it up when the price drops.
Isn't this Wolfenstein taking place in the 50-60's? I'm almost positive it isn't WWII.
I thought it was some kind of alternate history where the Axis powers won the war. So it's not set during WWII but there are still Nazis hanging around.

Wyatt Wilkerson

Dec 16, 2013
I think it looks cool i just hope it doesn't take itself to seriously. the source material after all has you killing hitler with a chaingun so the precedent for silliness is there if the new trailer is any indication i have high hopes.

Mister Chippy

Jun 12, 2013
Ehh...

Wolfenstein brand doesn't really compel me. Gameplay so far looks like shooting with an emphasis on unrealistically big and silly guns.

Haven't really seen much to develop any hype so far.