Anyone else getting annoyed?

Shadow Tyrant

Jun 18, 2008
Mercanary57 said:
squid5580 said:
ssgt splatter said:
Fredrick2003 said:
That sounds awesome, I am glad there is a penalty for leaving the game. I am getting tired of people leaving with 5 seconds left in a match because they know they can't win. Guess they don't want you to win either...

This is happening on the Resident Evil 5 DLC right now too, for some reason if one person leaves the game the games decides that EVERYONE has to leave the game, and not win, lose, or get any result points err... reward points. It would be nice if there was a way to give people penalties for this. I would like to attempt to leave negative feedback but the "_______ has left the game" message stays up for like 2 seconds I am not even kidding, and you can't go back and look.
Yeah the penalty for quitting the game because you know you can't win I understand but if your connection lags out the game considers you quit too. That's just stupid! You can't help it if your connection suddenly drops off.
You know if it didn't penalize you for lagging out then ppl would run up and unhook thier modems everytime they start losing. I applaud Epic for penalizing rage/early quitters for whatever reason. If you got a crap connection then maybe you shouldn't be playing online until you get a better one.
That is probably one of the worst things I have ever heard. Oh, so because I don't want to pay extra for my internet connection I am now forced to simply throw away an entire part of the game? Is this what your saying?
Yes. If your connection sucks so much that you lag out so often that losing 1500 exp is a big deal, you probably shouldn't be playing online.

Seriously, 1500 exp is not that much, unless you're at level 3 or something. It could easily be made back in two or three matches, depending on the game mode.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Mercanary57 said:
squid5580 said:
ssgt splatter said:
Fredrick2003 said:
That sounds awesome, I am glad there is a penalty for leaving the game. I am getting tired of people leaving with 5 seconds left in a match because they know they can't win. Guess they don't want you to win either...

This is happening on the Resident Evil 5 DLC right now too, for some reason if one person leaves the game the games decides that EVERYONE has to leave the game, and not win, lose, or get any result points err... reward points. It would be nice if there was a way to give people penalties for this. I would like to attempt to leave negative feedback but the "_______ has left the game" message stays up for like 2 seconds I am not even kidding, and you can't go back and look.
Yeah the penalty for quitting the game because you know you can't win I understand but if your connection lags out the game considers you quit too. That's just stupid! You can't help it if your connection suddenly drops off.
You know if it didn't penalize you for lagging out then ppl would run up and unhook thier modems everytime they start losing. I applaud Epic for penalizing rage/early quitters for whatever reason. If you got a crap connection then maybe you shouldn't be playing online until you get a better one.
That is probably one of the worst things I have ever heard. Oh, so because I don't want to pay extra for my internet connection I am now forced to simply throw away an entire part of the game? Is this what your saying?
Well when I pay the extra to have the good connection that is ruined by yours well yes. Or do you think it is fair for me to watch you teleport around the map and be invincible because my bullets take a second to leave the barrel of my gun? Or is it fair to the 14 other people your connection is effecting?

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
squid5580 said:
I don't have a crappy connection man, I can still play all my other games online without this problem happening. And personally, I doubt ppl would actually run up and disconnect their modem when they start losing, because you have to restart the console every time in order to reconnect to Xbox Live so that would be a lot of work to do each time.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
squid5580 said:
I don't have a crappy connection man, I can still play all my other games online without this problem happening. And personally, I doubt ppl would actually run up and disconnect their modem when they start losing, because you have to restart the console every time in order to reconnect to Xbox Live so that would be a lot of work to do each time.
All you need to do is hit the dashboard button and you can reconnect. You probably wouldn't lose much more time than just plain quitting (depending how far you are from the nearest wire).