Anyone noticed Youtube has changed yet?

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
The menu bar(not sure what to call it) on the videos has changed from white to black. This seems to be for all videos.

mcattack92

Feb 2, 2011
They have updated the video player so it has a darker bar. That's all they have really done to it.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
It must of happened some time early today or in the afternoon, because of was watching Penn and Teller last night at around 2 to 3 in the morning and it wasn't like that.

Heartcafe

Feb 28, 2011
I'm waiting for the screams of the lost souls who cannot cope with the new sexy black bar.

A "Change-Back -Youtube" Facebook group with be created in 3...2...1...

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Yeah, if by some strange occurrence you haven't noticed the exact same change on every Google owned page(the top-bar)... that's what's going on. Google is just updating the look of it's products from all white to have a little variance.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I just wish Youtube would make that Lights-Out feature they added for, what was it, Earth Day or some such guff, permanently. Having that obnoxious white webpage go black when watching a more-often-than-not shitty-contrast video would be luvverly.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Youtube changes something like once a month at least, usually doesn't improve anything at all and just confuses and annoys people for a little bit. Then we all get used to it and move on.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I wouldn't mind it if they changed the whole site to a dark grey theme.

Kinda like http://www.wowheadnews.com/

RandomNameRandom

Jul 11, 2011
This is probably part of a transition to the testing layout that's in testing right now "Cosmic Panda" I've been using the Cosmic Panda layout for a bit now and it overall makes the player darker, there's a more customizable video size option thingy, now the player has an area of its own and all the suggestions show up in a sidebar underneath the video, and you can see people's channel avatar next to their name in the comments. Those are all the most important changes there are a couple of minor things not worth mentioning. Overall its a very nice layout and I'd be perfectly fine if it became the default layout.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
It happened within minutes of starting one video and then opening another in a different tab I was kinda confused at first.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
It must of happened some time early today or in the afternoon, because of was watching Penn and Teller last night at around 2 to 3 in the morning and it wasn't like that.
It's been that way for well over a month for me...

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
StBishop said:
Sonic Doctor said:
That is odd, I've never seen selective updates on the net that only happen to certain people and then other people get it over time.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
William Fleming said:
The menu bar(not sure what to call it) on the videos has changed from white to black. This seems to be for all videos.
I had a feeling something was going on when the little bar that says how much of the video's loaded went missing. I still can't see it.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
StBishop said:
Sonic Doctor said:
That is odd, I've never seen selective updates on the net that only happen to certain people and then other people get it over time.
Nor have I. I'm not suggesting this has happened. I just know that youtube have had a black bar for well over 3 weeks.

I'm in Australia, maybe there's something in that. Any Aussies want to confirm/deny that they've had the black bar in youtube for a while?