Anyone planning to 100% Skyrim?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
It'll be quite an undertaking, but I'm gonna try my damndest over the next year.

Anyone else on board for this crazy ride?

As a side/bonus inquiry: What game, if any, are you the most proud of 100%ing?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I am purchasing the limited edition strategy guide for Skyrim so I can find out where all the side quests are.
Perhaps on my third playthrough I will try to 100% it. I am most proud of getting 100% completion in Red Dead Redemption. Some of the wildlife challenges were really hard.

Mar 30, 2010
If I ever 100% Skyrim I will be most upset. One of the reasons I still play Morrowind to this day is because I know that there are quests I haven't done yet - it's that feeling of 'I still have more to discover!' that keeps me coming back to it. If I 100% Skyrim in the next two years then it's failed in my book.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
100%ing would require me to look into guides and it's gonna be a long time, if ever, until I do that for Skyrim. I'm just gonna go in and enjoy it as much as I can (not saying 100%ing isn't enjoyable, just that doing what I'd need to do for that would lessen my enjoyment of it, at least to start with). Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely have a playthrough where I try to do as much as possible, but unearthing every single thing in a TES game, I just doubt I'll manage to do it.

As for what I 100%ed, I think GTA Vice City was one of the rare games I did. I went for trying to do as much as I could, looking up the guides, then I saw somewhere what the prize for completing 100% of the game was - being able to take 2 thugs to follow you around (which was quite rare back then).

Jamie McLaughlin

Nov 5, 2011
Didja hear that a bunch of the books actually give legitimate quests? I love that.

But yeah, I will do my best by myself. Gamefaqs and strategy guides be damned.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
gof22 said:
I am purchasing the limited edition strategy guide for Skyrim so I can find out where all the side quests are.
Perhaps on my third playthrough I will try to 100% it. I am most proud of getting 100% completion in Red Dead Redemption. Some of the wildlife challenges were really hard.
Same here on RDR. And yeah, it was challenging, but good challenging, y'know?

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Ehhh, I'll play it as long as I don't get tired of it. I don't put much value into digital (read: not real) achievements and the like.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Of course I'll aim to accomplish everything, but I'll always find something new to try out and discover.

UncagedDuchess

Nov 7, 2011
I have just recently been made redundant so I plan to play ALOT of Skyrim (and of course looking for a new job lol). If I don't get 100% on it I'll be very surprised and slightly ashamed of myself.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That would be quite insane to do from my point of view. Seriously, i really don't have the time, and to be honest, skyrim is gonna be one hell of a big game, and I don't really like to find out EVERYTHING. Well, maybe i actually would, but again, time is the problem.
But good luck to ya !

EndOfDaWorld

Feb 14, 2009
I am, just not right now. Much much later. I have school which sucks up most of my time, and one or two summers won't discover anything. I'm probably gonna go for the side quests and guilds and other stuff for my 3rd character, but I'm not gonna try to go for 100% until I get to maybe 75% (as far as the game tells me) then I'll actively look for the missing pieces.
In terms of GS I've 100%ed Oblivion, but I haven't actually 100%ed it. I lost (on flash drive which I cannot find) my highest level character who had about 20 quests in his log that are in progress and according to the guide that I have I have another about 20 after that, then raising my stats and getting all of the houses. I did sell back Oblivion to help pay for Skyrim tho.

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
Like. A. Boss.
I've already done New Vegas (at least to my knowledge) and it was fun.
As long as I don't have to play Caravan again I'll be happy.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
rhizhim said:
King of the Sandbox said:
As a side/bonus inquiry: What game, if any, are you the most proud of 100%ing?
none. after i 100% a game i see how much time i have wasted just for a stupid archievement that no one cares about or a flag that does absolutely nothing special. the only game that somehow rewarded me was dead rising. but then again the mega man blaster is meh.

i'm still waiting for a game that gives you a proper reward for your accomplishment.
dude that mega man reward took me forever! Don't you think its an awesome weapon?