Anyone pulled off a Daylight Savings derp today?

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Just wondering. My brother texted me(In church, no less) that he went to work and opened the store an hour early before it was supposed to.

Wut, Captcha?

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Nope. Self updating technology for the win! Kept worrying that every clock I saw was somehow wrong though.

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
i had a pretty bad one... i was messaging someone at about 1:45 AM (which was somehow BEFORE DST) on Skype, and the SECOND it hit 2, it was suddenly 1AM again... so ALL my skype messages to that person were logged as an hour previous... so i had to read between the messages i already sent to read the new ones....

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Most of my time-telling devices are synced so they update automatically. No mess-ups yet, but I just might if I forget to set my alarm an hour back.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Nope. I was talking with a friend over skype when the time changed, and then I adjusted my clock

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Nope.

But I think it did help my sleep schedule. So that's good.

Jul 13, 2010
I don't know if it really counts, but a lot of t.v schedule's here function on daylight savings, but the country does not. Makes it annoying when you rush home for a soccer match only to find its still an hour till it starts.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
None so far, but I keep thinking that it's noon even though it's 11:30 now. Other than that, I have been able to sleep good and not feel like a piece of shit so much.

Jan 27, 2011
Not really.

I woke up, looked at the clock and went "crap...I slept in until 10:00! I really need to get it in gear so I can get to work on my assignme-........Wait...Daylight saving time. *hits DTS button on clock* Ah, there we go! It's only 9:00! I'm still ok."

So DST actually helped me out a bit.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Oh yea. My fiance's alarm went off at what we thought was 9 am. We got up because she had to work and only AFTER the damn cellphone alarm went off it changed the time back to 8 am.

This after we were so stoked about getting to sleep in...

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I live in Arizona, the state that switches its time zone in response to DST.

When we Fall Back an hour, we go to Mountain Time.

When we Spring Forward, we switch to Pacific Time.

No need to switch the clocks! It's always the same time here.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
My 2 sources of time are my laptop and my phone, with my laptop keeping itself up to date (and my phone being a forgotten thingy), so I didn't even notice until I was told.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
AnarchistFish said:
wait daylight savings was a week ago
I think it depends on where you are in the world.
For me and you (UK) it was a week ago.
However a lot of Escapists are not from UK... so i'm guessing this thread is referring Americas time zone.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nope, i haven't made any time change derps today.... A week ago it might have been different.

Because that is when the time changes in the UK

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Nope, I was at an anime con doing a Persona photoshoot at midnight so I didn't roll back my clock, I just experienced the dark hour. So it doesn't technically roll back until 2, but the group decided to roll it back at 1 to fit in with the game.