DELETED

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
I honestly wouldn't know if there was a new mustard or 10 new mustards. my supermarket stocks about 20 different types and i just buy whatever is remotely appealing and cheap.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Didn't know they started making mustard, checked on the website and it says its "milder". I guess I will try it with Hotdogs as it might be a bit tangier without being "full on" mustard but it won't replace either my Colemans mustard or Baxters Horseradish sauce for other things.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
J Tyran said:
Didn't know they started making mustard, checked on the website and it says its "milder". I guess I will try it with Hotdogs as it might be a bit tangier without being "full on" mustard but it won't replace either my Colemans mustard or Baxters Horseradish sauce for other things.
"Milder" mustard? Eh, then what's the point? Mustard should have a bite to it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Didn't they do the same thing about a decade ago with ketchup and they tried giving ketchup new colors? Didn't it fail almost right out of the gate?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
infohippie said:
J Tyran said:
That kind of mustard is okay for hot dogs and burgers for me but thats about it.

Aug 31, 2012
I take it that's the American style "hot dog" mustard? If so that's not really my thing. Colemans mustard or Tewkesbury mustard, now that's the stuff.

On a similar note, anyone know where you can get proper wasabi in the UK? I've been told it compares very favourably to English mustard in the "Oh God, chemical warfare is happening inside my face!" stakes but the wasabi paste I got from my local supermarket was literally weak sauce, used the whole tube up on 4 sandwiches.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I like English mustard, it's hot and bitey. Great on cold beef sandwiches.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
President Bagel said:
J Tyran said:
infohippie said:
J Tyran said:
That kind of mustard is okay for hot dogs and burgers for me but thats about it.
Honey mustard goes great with ham, turkey, and bacon.
Yeah I use that, isn't it more of a "mustard based sauce" than a mustard though?

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
J Tyran said:
Didn't know they started making mustard
Heinz has actually been making mustard for years, pretty much exclusively and in bulk for the food service industry. The stuff is about as appealing as it sounds ;)

Their organic ketchup, however? Delicious. They should stick to making ketchup.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I think I''ll stick to Australian Mustard to be honest, has quite a bit of kick that pairs itself well with mayonnaise.

Then I like to marinade some chicken , cook it up and chuck it all in a wrap with cheese, lettuce and maybe a little tomato.

But maybe I just have bad taste.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
KungFuJazzHands said:
J Tyran said:
Didn't know they started making mustard
Heinz has actually been making mustard for years, pretty much exclusively and in bulk for the food service industry. The stuff is about as appealing as it sounds ;)

Their organic ketchup, however? Delicious. They should stick to making ketchup.
Didn't know that, I guess it isn't that surprising considering its a common thing in the food industry.