Apocalypse Lane: Behind the Scenes

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Behind the Scenes

Meet the show creators and see how each episode is produced from start to finish.

Watch Video

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
nice to get an insight. cant wait for season 2! although would like to see where the humongoid robot went....

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
it always freak me out to see the person who voice cartoons (i still remember when i found out that bart is voiced by a woman), but other than that it was alright, although your daughter playing whit the computer was a little to "the proud new dad" for me.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Awesome video. Also, nice stunt with the camera at the end. I thought it was going to be a regular upwards pan for a moment.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Very neat! Always cool to see how things are done!
And your daughter is just adorable.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
groundedcrow said:
ah dude, weak
Really? I thought it was kinda cool to have a look at what they did. It was pretty funny watching them do the voices.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Neat, now I know what you guys look like. Its was also pretty cool showing us how you guys make an episode.
Can't wait for season 2.

Also that baby is just adorable.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I'm glad there was something here, as I forgot it was a break between seasons.

I liked this, love seeing voices/faces behind characters and knowing what programs are used satisfies my geekyness.

RRilef

Dangerfield Newby
Jan 5, 2009
My first thought was ugh, a behind the scenes video, but right after that I realized, a behind the scenes video!

Excellent series, can't wait till Season 2. Most importantly, thanks for sticking through, your first few episodes were rough, but it payed off.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Multi-Kill said:
Five days to animate!? Damn. I thought it took a way a shorter length of time to do the animation.
It all breaks down to this.

Day 1: Recording and Audio Mixing

Day 2: Drawing any new elements for the episode.

Day 3: Lip Syncing all the characters.

Day 4: Animating all the characters.

Day5: Compositing, rendering, and completing the final edit.

Sometimes things take longer depending on the certain episode but that's the gist of it. So technically it only takes 2 days to "animate" but the entire production process does take a week.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
That was a very entertaining Behind-the-scenes show! Normally those types of things are really boring; I usually stop watching them about half-way through, but you guys go across the important steps and facts about the process while it still being funny. Bravo :)

Tyyyke

Aug 28, 2009
At first I was like "dammit no episode this week" then I was mildly amused by the casual humor that was thrown in 4/5 for this ep.
Also the Obama clan sounds intriguing.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
So was that your daughter Jon?.

Christ man, your teaching a new generation to have your humour?, I mean that's admirable, you know wanting to creep out future generations.

Your a forward thinker, I like that.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
I always love seeing these behind the scenes things- its fun to get some insight on the creative process. I hope all of your work goes well on season 2, and Jon, your daughter is adorable =).