Apocalypse Lane: Behind the Scenes

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Haha if i was sat next to him while he did the Willy voice i wouldnt stop laughing! Nice to see a little background stuff and its good to see the creators enjoy themselves!

[sub]Also, i hate Aftereffects. Powerful software, but stresses me the fuck out[/sub]

Aug 30, 2009
Yeah I said the same thing to the people who hated episode one, I found it funny and I loved the first episode. Found my self running outa breathe laughing (as I do in all of your episodes.)

also i liked how you kept us with something to look forward to during this Thursday. Win ,Win,
wanna hear it again, WIN!

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
You guys are really talented at voice acting, I wish i could voice characters like you do. Also, to be raising a child and living what looks like to be a comfortable life, do you have a second job? or does The Escapist really pay that well?

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Punisher A.J. said:
Who works on mouseass?
Also is it just me or does Mrs. Franklin creaper thing fell like something pulled from little big planet? (somewhere near the halloween mexican levels)

hey jon "i'm poor and sick and 'ungery" what do you guys do on days 6 and 7?
I do the voice of Mickey and Goofy on Mouseass. I usually hang out with the family or work on side jobs on my days off. Sometimes It takes me all 7 to complete an episode if there are a lot of elements involved or if it's a particularly long episode.
I really appreciate your work (I always dreamed to do what you do but I lack the inspiration and designing talent) plus I never thought I could gain instant happiness every Tuesday and you proved me wrong and I'm quite thankful for this
Now enough with the ass kissing and on with the real question!

What are your future plans regarding Mouseass? Any new videos soon? Maybe an other show on The Escapist? How much do you you get paid for AP? Is it worth it? ... PLEASE DON'T EVEN CONSIDER QUITTING!

Pleas excuse my fanboyism but I really can't help my condition(Don't worry it'll go away when the quality of your cartoons drops, should it ever...)

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
AkJay said:
You guys are really talented at voice acting, I wish i could voice characters like you do. Also, to be raising a child and living what looks like to be a comfortable life, do you have a second job? or does The Escapist really pay that well?
It's a decent living and I do some side animation and graphics work as well for TV and Films. I won't be retiring anytime soon but I thoroughly enjoy what I do. :)

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
Love it love it love it! just as good as a normal episode somehow.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
yoyo13rom said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Punisher A.J. said:
Who works on mouseass?
Also is it just me or does Mrs. Franklin creaper thing fell like something pulled from little big planet? (somewhere near the halloween mexican levels)

hey jon "i'm poor and sick and 'ungery" what do you guys do on days 6 and 7?
I do the voice of Mickey and Goofy on Mouseass. I usually hang out with the family or work on side jobs on my days off. Sometimes It takes me all 7 to complete an episode if there are a lot of elements involved or if it's a particularly long episode.
I really appreciate your work (I always dreamed to do what you do but I lack the inspiration and designing talent) plus I never thought I could gain instant happiness every Tuesday and you proved me wrong and I'm quite thankful for this
Now enough with the ass kissing and on with the real question!

What are your future plans regarding Mouseass? Any new videos soon? Maybe an other show on The Escapist? How much do you you get paid for AP? Is it worth it? ... PLEASE DON'T EVEN CONSIDER QUITTING!

Pleas excuse my fanboyism but I really can't help my condition(Don't worry it'll go away when the quality of your cartoons drops, should it ever...)
We will see Mickey and Goof again in Season 2 of AL. Prostitute Mickey 3 has been recorded and partially animated, and I will release it when i get time to wrap it up. I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. :)

Orhid

Apr 14, 2009
Woah! Now i cannot wait untill the next episode! The first time i seen Apocalypse Lane in the pilot episode i had realy bad case of "Err, okaaay" thinking. But since than you guys aged like a good wine with every passing week! Good going guys, realy good going! Proud to be a watcher of such great series.

General Alexei

General of Dark Wulf
Mar 21, 2009
What was that animation program they used to make apocalypse lane? anyway great behind the scenes ep, especially the bit at the end.

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
I think it's really funny how he talks out of the side of his mouth as Cuddles. It's funny when you see actors who do voices make all those funny faces behind the scenes.

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
I used to only come on the escapist for ZP, but AL has won me over, i come on to watch this now, best thing on escapist right now :D keep up the good work dudes :D

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
Multi-Kill said:
Five days to animate!? Damn. I thought it took a way a shorter length of time to do the animation.
It all breaks down to this.

Day 1: Recording and Audio Mixing

Day 2: Drawing any new elements for the episode.

Day 3: Lip Syncing all the characters.

Day 4: Animating all the characters.

Day5: Compositing, rendering, and completing the final edit.

Sometimes things take longer depending on the certain episode but that's the gist of it. So technically it only takes 2 days to "animate" but the entire production process does take a week.
God, I would actually love to do what you do, especially considering that you get paid for doing something you evidently love to do. This was actually quite interesting, especially considering I'm an amateur filmmaker myself, though since I can't draw I'd probably not venture into the field of animation. This week was filler, but it was good filler. And I liked it. Looking forward to Season 2, definitely :D.

TimTImNL

Jan 14, 2009
Keep it going i loved it from ep2 i didnt know the comments where so harsh but its a fun series

cambodiancam

Apr 16, 2009
Wow you look nothing like I imagined you would. Also thanks for this video, it's always neat to see behind the scenes.

cjcool10

Aug 26, 2009
just keep making them, if you don't I'll be really peed with you and fly to your house and beg you to make more OKAY! XD