Apocalypse Lane: Behind the Scenes

Jallis370

Mar 2, 2009
Well, you guys get better every episode. I'm glad Pete's not dead. He became really cool after he lost his hockeymask.

I love when interviews gets screwed up. Much better than an uptight "look at our perfect family" routine. I hope we get to see an episode where the new employee gets to show some skills.

I knew this had potential from the first episode. Glad I stuck with it.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Wow that was interesting seeing you switch voices almost on a dime like that.

Logisticz

Sep 21, 2009
I fucking Love Apocalypse Lane - its the best internet Show ever - i would love to see some merchandise stuff, like T-shirts or whatsoever

And that Background and making of was an awesome inside look - thanks for that

Fun fact:
when i play mw2 Multiplayer on SubBase map as TaskForce 141 and have the UAV ready, the voice (UAV is ready for activation or smthng like that) sound just like STinky - it is so hilarious!

Spyre2000

Apr 18, 2009
odubya23 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Shane Hamstra said:
Jon, are you complying with all child labor laws in your area? Also, is your new "animator" included in your concept meetings?
Child labor what now?
I don't think that we want to get Mr.Etheridge started on child laws of any kind. Is that the eleven-month-old you told us all gets her hand slapped?
Actually child labor laws don't apply. At least not in the US because the nation was originally founded by mostly farmers and small business owners with "Family Businesses". Because of this child labor laws do not apply to "under age" family members working in the family owned and run business. So if it was someone elses child then yes there would be an issue but there is not since it's his. As child labor laws were originally made to prevent children from having to working in factories under terrible conditions.

Cakesonatrain

Nov 30, 2009
I really enjoyed this season, Stinky and Marty are hilarious, did your new animator come straight from college(She's a cutie by the way)?

the7thmexican

Oct 24, 2008
Oh man! ever since i seen this show... i always thought how a live action movie of AL would work...I volunteer to do it if i get enough feedback...

austuff

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for the insight, great to meet you guys, Apocalypse Lane is my favourite show, thanks, oh and ah cheers from Darwin (aussie-land)

Evil Rob

Dec 5, 2009
Great & very funny show. I hope you guys keep making it for a long time. I especially like how the series wrapped back onto episode one with Big Pete. Anyways, normally behind-the-scenes stuff bores me like crazy but this was very entertaining and oddly informative.

Oh yeah & I also admire your bravery with the Mickey spoof. I am shocked rabid mousketeer lawyers haven't gone after you yet. Hope they never do.

Demonox

Dec 6, 2009
I just love this show, been lovin´ it since beginning

if you guys keep it up, im sure you guys will get really far with apocalypse lane.

when season 2 is supposed to arrive, btw?

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Evil Rob said:
Great & very funny show. I hope you guys keep making it for a long time. I especially like how the series wrapped back onto episode one with Big Pete. Anyways, normally behind-the-scenes stuff bores me like crazy but this was very entertaining and oddly informative.

Oh yeah & I also admire your bravery with the Mickey spoof. I am shocked rabid mousketeer lawyers haven't gone after you yet. Hope they never do.
It actually falls under parody law as well as fair use and is completely legal. As long as we use original drawings and never say the words "Disney" "Mickey Mouse" or "Goofy" then we can get away with it.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Demonox said:

if you guys keep it up, im sure you guys will get really far with apocalypse lane.

Season 2 will start on December 24. :)

Eggsnham

Apr 29, 2009
I love this show, I just started watching it yesterday. It seems like something you'd find on adult-swim. Anyways, keep up the good work!

person427

May 28, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
It's a decent living and I do some side animation and graphics work as well for TV and Films. I won't be retiring anytime soon but I thoroughly enjoy what I do. :)
Films and TV? Which ones? The behind the scenes was great. I'm upset that I didn't start watching this show sooner because it's now one of my favorites.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
person427 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
It's a decent living and I do some side animation and graphics work as well for TV and Films. I won't be retiring anytime soon but I thoroughly enjoy what I do. :)
Films and TV? Which ones? The behind the scenes was great. I'm upset that I didn't start watching this show sooner because it's now one of my favorites.
The one's you've never heard of. Mostly local commercials and indie features... for now.

I'm glad you started watching the show. :)

Demonox

Dec 6, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Demonox said:

Season 2 will start on December 24. :)

Hoooray! \o/

:)

Skreeee

Jun 5, 2009
So what program do you guys do the lip syncing in then? It seems like it would be asking for a hell of a lot of trouble to try and do it in After Effects. At least, that's what my bit of experience suggests.