Apocalypse Lane: Behind the Scenes

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Izzil said:
So what program do you guys do the lip syncing in then? It seems like it would be asking for a hell of a lot of trouble to try and do it in After Effects. At least, that's what my bit of experience suggests.
Yep we use after effects for everything. LOL

It's not too bad. I figured out a way to keep it all one layer and all I have to do is press a key for each syllable. Do you do animations? What program do you lip sync in?

Foric

Dec 10, 2009
I think that stinky may be so "effect" of the radiation, like before the bombs hit Hickey was probly playin with a sock puppet and the radiation caused stinky to fuse to his arm and come alive

Bonehead23

Jul 17, 2009
great to see what the process is to how you guys make a episode, Apocalypse lane's first season was very funny it reminds me of south park a bit since how they get around is to jump like they do on south park can't wait for the next season.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Holy shit! I cant believe you guys are doing pretty much all the voices :O My jaw dropped when i saw the part when you are recording. . . .
I totally love your show. Just finished watching all eps. Cant wait for season 2.

Just keep up the good work.!
AND DONT YOU EVER GO SCREWING CUDDLES!
His your best character :D His what Richard is to Looking For Group for you guys.

Rock4ever

Dec 13, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Meet the show creators and see how each episode is produced from start to finish.
He he, I love you, guys. :) Jon, do you know, you're such a cutey, when you laugh? A cha cha cha...
Also, I visited your site and check some stuff (sorry, shiny "donation" button remains untouched). Nasty things you have there... I have one observation (but it's my opinion, nothing more) - it needs more depth. I watched videos, and then thought "Yes, it have sense, but where's the edge?". I mean, they all have "something", but it's not enough to make them brilliant. But SHORT funny videos MUST be brilliant. Like a jokes. Maybe they just too sprained, maybe I just naging... But "Apocalypse lane" completely different. I know, it's hard to work on two things at once - the plot and animation. And it makes "Apocalypse lane" even more extraordinary, because it have the edge. It have depth. When Cuddles saying grace above the body of the Big Pete, and everybody closing they eyes, BUT Willy just rolling his eyeballs up and stay like a... damn... green zombie with white eyeballs, starring at the camera, I want to applause! This series have both - and special charm and nice (good, damn good) performanse. I have noticed one thing - on your site, in the end of colourful video on the homepage, the last word is FUN. But, maybe (just my opinion, again), you may find yourself in some serious project?
Well, o'kay, I just wanted to say, what you, guys, are good. Not celebritys, not arrogant ones, just couple of good guys. And your work is great (and I think, I start to repeat myself). Thank you for this. I think, I'll continue spreading seeds of Apocalypse here, in my country. Good luck.
P.S. And I want to apologize for any mistakes or stupid phrases ^_^ This language is still new for me, and there's a defferense between something I WANT to say, and actually CAN.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
This was a joy to watch, the end was hysterical...
It's nice to see a show made by two down to earth guys.

I'm really glad you guys didn't get discouraged by the first few episodes not really taking off like you wanted them too. The series has been a delight to follow and the storyline keeps getting more and more interesting.

I hope to see Apocalypse Lane around for a long time! I'll be one of the fans fighting to keep you guys on the Escapist.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
willgreg123 said:

I'm really glad you guys didn't get discouraged by the first few episodes not really taking off like you wanted them too. The series has been a delight to follow and the storyline keeps getting more and more interesting.

I hope to see Apocalypse Lane around for a long time! I'll be one of the fans fighting to keep you guys on the Escapist.
Thank you for the kind words my friend. :)

However Apocalypse Lane will only go for 48 episodes. I love the series but since it follows a plot we have a very tight structure on how the show will go until the end. Hopefully after that the Escapist will let me do something else.

I'll definitely be around for more Game Dogs and also another series that I'm writing and doing character designs for that I cannot mention yet.

Let's just say next week will prove to be another good one for Escapist members who enjoy comical animated series. :)

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
willgreg123 said:

Thank you for the kind words my friend. :)

However Apocalypse Lane will only go for 48 episodes. I love the series but since it follows a plot we have a very tight structure on how the show will go until the end. Hopefully after that the Escapist will let me do something else.

I'll definitely be around for more Game Dogs and also another series that I'm writing and doing character designs for that I cannot mention yet.

Let's just say next week will prove to be another good one for Escapist members who enjoy comical animated series. :)
Aw, well I'm sad to hear (read) that the series will end at 48 episodes and yet at the same time, I'm happy to hear (read) that. You know the saying, all good things must come to an end. A good series like this deserves a well rounded ending, plus I enjoy a series with a plot that leads to a resolution. I'm stoked!

On that note, once the series is all finished, will it be more available on the itunes podcast? Do you plan on a DVD or something? I suppose selling the episodes on itunes would allow the highest profit.

I'm definitely excited about Game Dogs (unlike the quick to judge naysayers) But it's gonna be hard to let Apocalypse Lane go.

Oh man, you tease! I can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve!
Thanks for the reply man, I really appreciate it :)

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
willgreg123 said:
We may do a DVD. It depends on the demand for it really, but hopefully the show will have some sort of life after the escapist be it DVD, iTunes or whatever. :)

At the moment all I can say is, "Wait and see". i'll let the whole community know for sure when we have something to announce.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
willgreg123 said:
We may do a DVD. It depends on the demand for it really, but hopefully the show will have some sort of life after the escapist be it DVD, iTunes or whatever. :)

At the moment all I can say is, "Wait and see". i'll let the whole community know for sure when we have something to announce.
Cool beans, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait (I actually have patients, unlike these other hyperactive monkeys) See ya next time! Thanks again, dude!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
what an adorable baby i hope you are not breaking any child labour laws
and i always enjoy the behind the scenes things

Moon Man

May 11, 2010
dude thats so cool thank you guys for taking your own time to entertain us you guys did awesome job doing that thank you 8)

Wade-DeadPool

Oct 13, 2009
Oh man, i lose it everytime, at the end, with the camera falling over. Thet line "Oh shiite!
I just lose it :D