Apocalypse Lane: Creator Q & A

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Pretty good Q and A, tomorrow is gonna be a heart felt goodbye to the AL crew, and now all I really wanna watch on this website is D&A. Gosh darn it, we're running out of Awesome Sauce Shows here! Quickly everyone, pitch idea's to the network!

Warnolo

Apr 30, 2010
*Facepalms himself and hide his face on a bag after seeing the awkward silence to his question*

Damn.. that sounded a lot better in my head...

Thats why i never talk

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Stabby Joe said:
You seemed briefly confused when you read this question, I'll reword it:

"Any stories or characters who were cut before during THE making OF episodes?"

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer all these question. Along with that and being present on the forums, you're one of the more active Escapist contributors with the general users.
In all fairness we were a few beers deep when we did this. :p

Warnolo said:
*Facepalms himself and hide his face on a bag after seeing the awkward silence to his question*

Thats why i never talk
It was all in the name of humor. But seriously, who types out 6 question marks??????

Warnolo

Apr 30, 2010
Jon Etheridge said:
Warnolo said:

Thats why i never talk
It was all in the name of humor. But seriously, who types out 6 question marks??????
Em... because the... er.... the question mark key was broken... eh... yeah...

By the way, i'm impatient to see the final episode.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Haha, Jangles. I like how that got you guys off topic for like a minute or two. I am really looking forward to the next episode.

Oh and D&A is great! I hope you go for 96 with it.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Damn. Now I want to meet Jon in real life. His natural voice is really close to his Obama voice! It'd be awesome.

On a semi-related note: There's a Sir Walken... can we get a Friar Obama?

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
i thought you would have rounded up to fifty or something

also i am sad to see it end but you shall do it with a bang!

Shane Hamstra

Amateur Bounty Hunter
Jan 5, 2009
Mr. Jangles went to Mouseville to be in the mouse circus, no one better say anything different.

person427

May 28, 2009
I forgot I asked a question and was just listening to this while playing Pokemon when I heard my username and was like "WHAT?!?!". Great show, guys. Can't wait for the finale tomorrow.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
You forgot the question that everyone wants to know.....DVD!?!?!??!!

Also...you guys are crazy. JAPAN!!!! LOL!!!

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Are we going to see some kind of DVD release of this series?

I agree with what you said about the first episode. While I personally thought episode 1 was humorous, when I was trying to get more people to start watching Apocalypse Lane I had them watch episode 1 and 2 because episode 2 was in my opinion a much better "hook" episode. Most people thought episode 1 was okay, but everyone was doubling over laughing during #2 because of Willy's sex story.

And thanks again for making this series, can't wait for tomorrow.

My favorite line from this series will always be, "It sounded like an endless marathon of The View but it smelled delicious..."

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
HAHAHA! I can't believe my marshmallow question was answered.
I was watching this with my brother and he actually jumped up when he heard that my screen name while I was wetting myself with laughter.

Thanks you guys for a great Q&A to say farewell too the series, the characters of Apocalypse Lane will be sorely missed around hear after tomorrow's thrilling conclusion.....

Seriously didn't think they would spend about a minute talking about hamburger sized marshmallows!

JaketheRake

May 14, 2009
I would like to state that I was an initial supporter of AL telling people that "yes, these guys are good." No, it's ok to approach me but please keep your eyes averted.

Now they are going strong with D&A which I think is consistently the best thing The Escapist has put up (aside from ZP).

I am going to say it here, I think at their current pace I would not be surprised to see something Venture Brothers caliber from these guys in the future. Keep up the good work.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
Skizzo321 said:
Gonna miss this series, alot.

At least Doraleous is going strong. Somebody should have asked if any AL characters would ever make a cameo appearance....
I did, but they didn't answer mine. Although they did mention that they were tired of the AL characters at this point, maybe that's the answer there...

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Hilarious video, and I wanted to voice my appreciation for you guys giving an ending to a series with the intention of moving onto new projects. So few people are willing to put an end to a serial without running out of ideas as they vault over the shark.

Also, sideways D face is awesome.