Apocalypse Lane: Creator Q & A

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
i didn't think there were censors... hm.. and its kin of a balls out site already, what exactly are we being protected from?

Thats alittle sad, i thought people on here would spell-check themselves atleast before submitting a question or something.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
"Goddamnit Steve, what the hell are you doing?"
"I'm just jacking off! Jesus Crhsit, gimme some privacy..."

Epic win, can't wait for tomorrow. :)

InvisibleMilk said:
I miss Mouseass already :(
Go to Jon's website (appsro.org) and watch the Prostitute Mickey videos... they're Mouseass.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Kross said:
Hilarious video, and I wanted to voice my appreciation for you guys giving an ending to a series with the intention of moving onto new projects. So few people are willing to put an end to a serial without running out of ideas as they vault over the shark.

Also, sideways D face is awesome.
Thanks man. Always nice to hear some praise from Escapist HQ. Plus you've done an amazing job administering our servers... I don't know what that means but it sounds important and I salute you. :D

Tyyyke

Aug 28, 2009
Wow, that was like a thousand episodes. You guys should totally do a podcast show just talking about everyday stuff.

Also, when will the DVD be available and can can it be shipped to Sweden?

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
If I knew you guys where going to do a Q/A, I totally would have spent at least a weekend trying to think of a really good question. Oh well, that would've been cool to get some of my words on the show, but fuck it, I may as well just think of something on the spot while you're still on Escapist, hmm...

Oh! I got a good one... Did you plan on bringing Hicky back as a ghost ahead of time, or did you bring him back as a ghost for other reasons, like to fill in a plot hole or public demand? I ask because though I loved how that was worked into the story, it sort of dulled the shock of a beloved character's death. The same question goes for Stinky.

Also, I have to say I'm glad you're not going to stay with the same cartoon forever, unlike most fans, I hope for the artist's development more then the actual cartoon's. I want to see you progress your cartooning career, especially since you'd have allot more experience now. I have to say I'd get really frustrated with using the same characters over and over, in fact, I do, haha! I tend to get in allot of trouble with my stories by spreading myself too thin amongst too many comic projects, hence I decided to buckle down and focus on just one I particularly like and think will do well.

Oh, and I have to say, I fucking love Gulliver for so many reasons, he's got that unique quality of a cartoon character of not only being fun to write for, but his background being just vague enough that the complexities of his character are more mysterious and fun to imagine the "hows and whys" for, as in, how does he kill people and why does he talks like a stoned collage student. Not to mention all that crazy shit he says, you guys obviously enjoy writing his dialogue. I especially love how towards the end of the show he becomes kinda like a roadie, as he says things I imagine the audience is thinking as the show progresses towards its climax, which works for many reasons I won't go into, since this post is waaaay long.

Anyhow, closing words, love the show, shame to see it end, but can't wait to see where it takes you, your loyal fan, William J. Gregory.

PS: I just thought of another question, what animators or animations have inspired you the most?

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Jon Etheridge said:
Thanks man. Always nice to hear some praise from Escapist HQ. Plus you've done an amazing job administering our servers... I don't know what that means but it sounds important and I salute you. :D
I make sure the web servers crash on schedule when new videos are launched. It's very demanding, but I make do with what I have available.

Ardna Xela

May 28, 2009
I love you guys, seriously. Never ever stop being those crazy ass geniuses (or is it geni..i?) you are, cause I really don't wanna stop fangirling over your videos.

Now I need some marshmallows.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
oh, god... T-shirts that have a design of Steve's shirt. best idea ever! i really want some cool merchandise from this show! a cuddles teddy, a stinky puppet, pumper's weapon, an apocalypse lane sign replica!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Kross said:
Hilarious video, and I wanted to voice my appreciation for you guys giving an ending to a series with the intention of moving onto new projects. So few people are willing to put an end to a serial without running out of ideas as they vault over the shark.

Also, sideways D face is awesome.
I think that might be a joke at my question's expense :p (sideways face, tongue sticking out)

I have to admit I may have had a minor fanboy attack when I heard my username called out in your dulcet tones, Jon.
I honestly forgot I even posted a question and thank you so much for taking the time to answer it.
It makes me extremely proud that I managed to confuse with the now infamous :D

And thanks for giving that awesome insight into the mad and messed up world of Hickey's mind!
I will really miss this show, but I take solace in the fact that you're balls deep in Doraleous and Associates which is fast becoming my favourite show (apart from Apocalypse Lane that is)

Good luck to you both, I hope you find an opportunity to both work together in the future because you make one hell of a creative team!

:D (sideways grin)