Apocalypse Lane: Encore Episode One: Big Pete's Funeral

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Encore Episode One: Big Pete's Funeral

Miss out on season one? No problem, watch the encore of episode one and get ready to jump into season two.

Watch Video

Vimbert

Aug 15, 2009
Alright... It seems a little unnecessary to post an encore this way, but I suppose it will help any new viewers who are too lazy to look in the series's archives.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Wasn't this just the same as episode one? I don't get the point of posting it twice.
Logisticz said:
ehrm...alright?
i dont mind

but the new main theme is f'd up...i want the old one back, eh?
It's the old theme, rewatch episode one and you'll see it's the same.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
I think they post it as a encore sense some ppl maybe didn't remember that big pet who died in the last episode of season 1 had he's funeral in the first episode. We will probably get more info about that in season 2

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
wow, you didn't even change the "new episode every Friday" to Thursday, seems unnecessary, but looking forward to season 2.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Wow. It's neat to see how far the series has come from the first episode.

Next week we will be airing the last episode of season one, then the week after that we'll be back with the start of season 2. I know the wait sucks but it will be worth it. :)

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
1. Love the rooster-sound

2. Why doesn't Willies eyes shut when he 'closes' them
The original idea was that Willy could not blink. So instead of closing his eyes he would just roll them into the back of his head. It's something that we never stuck to though.

Drunk Boar

Sep 28, 2009
Well, this was kinda disappointing :(

I was hoping to see what Robot Pete was going to do. Oh well.

Better luck next week.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Wait, what?
Was it meant to just be the first ep again? I didn't see any changes :(
Daaaaamn, now I have to wait til next week :(

Punisher A.J.

Nov 18, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:

Next week we will be airing the last episode of season one, then the week after that we'll be back with the start of season 2. I know the wait sucks but it will be worth it. :)
You guys are evil..... and geniuses..... like evil geniuses..... please don't take over the world.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:

Just about to ask when season 2 starts, there are so many plots holes too fill!

*Holds in excitement for next week*

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Rewatching this made me realise how much work has been put into season one from episode 1 to now, and what a payoff it has been. I mean the animation, the voices, the jokes and the story have all progressed allot. Initially what seemed to be something mediocre turned out to be one of the best online tv series ever created.

And now a little side story.

Logisticz said:
the new main theme is f'd up...
Yeah that was my initial impression about it the first time I heard it, but after having to listen to it every fucking time before a clip on the Escapist I was like: "Ok, ok I'll watch the show but please STOP that infernal looping sound! =( ".
Then the first episode left me with a bitter sweet taste; I really didn't know what to expect from the series so my first impression was that it was needlessly gross. I thought this was it's only strong point at the time and that it would only focus on morbid and icky subjects. Episode two proved to be less on the gross side and more on the funny one. Episode 3 proved to be interesting but episode 4 was really weak(+ I think it may be the weakest regarding the entire season).
Episode 5 made me offer at least one more try for the show because it featured prostitute Mickey and Goofy. This was a turning point for me and the show. So I decided to see if was was going to continue watching the series based on the next episode. But that one had a cliffhanger (and a plot).
From then I kept watching regularly and with each new episode came more fun and suddenly I realised that matter how worse my day had been an AL would grant me instant happiness. And the intro was associated with pleasure.

As a side note: Jon, you could make a new intro for season 2(at least introduce new clips in it)

kozmo

Mar 1, 2009
what was the point of putting this episode agian?
It's a really good episode but if i wanted to watch it agian i would just... watch it agian, i don't see the point in making encores

mr Awsome

Jul 27, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
1. Love the rooster-sound

2. Why doesn't Willies eyes shut when he 'closes' them
his eyes gp back into his head...i guess he doesnt have eyelids...

_Russell_

Jan 5, 2009
It?s great to see how the voices changed & evolved over the course of the series as it established itself. Looking forward to season 2.

"Rooster bless us, everyone." :D

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
addeB said:
I think they post it as a encore sense some ppl maybe didn't remember that big pet who died in the last episode of season 1 had he's funeral in the first episode. We will probably get more info about that in season 2
We don't need more info, it's simple. That entire episode takes place chronologically at the end of season 1, then the rest of season one up until the episode before the season finale is meant to detail the events leading up to that point. Which makes this repost of the video pretty good actually :)

At least, that's how I think it is, can you please correct me where I'm wrong, Jon? Thanks :D

Anyway, looking forward to season 2, and especially this whole "Robot Pete/Vault in Steve's House" storyline. Though I'm wondering, if Pete is a robot, how didn't they notice when eating him? I guess that explains why he tasted shit though... ;)