Apocalypse Lane: Episode 13: Potty Training and Audio Problems

HawtCakez

Aug 20, 2009
I don't know how Appsro does it but he did it again. His comedic style and timing is often spot on and well delivered. I can only wish him the best for his material.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
I'm sorry, the end was one of the funniest things I have ever seen...
that was about 5 minutes ago and I only just stopped laughing...

Bediz

Apr 20, 2009
The dialog between Steve and Twitchy was pure gold. Anyone that's ever worked middle management has got to appreciate Twitchy's plight. Do your job properly or make your supervisor happy? The eternal middleman conundrum.

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
-AC80- said:
is any one else addicted to the banjo? a well at the end.......really funny......do it again........funny hehe!!!
You bring up a good point. The opening and ending music is awesome. Whatever you do, do not change the theme music it is the best.

Awesome episode as usual!

On thing though and I may get flamed for this but what doesn "Superman 64" mean. I understand it's about defication but where does Superman 64 come from.... Man I feel stupid asking this because I know when someone explains it I'm going to have a doh! moment.

Toastngravy

Jan 19, 2009
Why did this episode have to come out after I submitted my T-Shirt to the contest... I want to use the Superman 64 line..Bah!

Razor_01 said:
On thing though and I may get flamed for this but what doesn "Superman 64" mean. I understand it's about defication but where does Superman 64 come from.... Man I feel stupid asking this because I know when someone explains it I'm going to have a doh! moment.
Superman 64 was a game for the N64. It was a bad game. Not only was it bad, it was a complete abomination that deserves to burn.

So in the case of the show, they are referring to it as a poopers. Which it is. A steaming poopers.

Razor_01

Jul 10, 2009
haha that is hilarious. I kind of figured it was a game for the 64 but I wasn't sure. I am laughing now. I'm going to watch the episode again now that I know. Thanks for the info.

I don't know how this episode could have gotten any funnier but it just did.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Razor_01 said:
-AC80- said:
is any one else addicted to the banjo? a well at the end.......really funny......do it again........funny hehe!!!
You bring up a good point. The opening and ending music is awesome. Whatever you do, do not change the theme music it is the best.

Awesome episode as usual!

Yes, the band New Hot Times really nailed the intro and outro music for the show. The Superman 64 thing came from the N64 game of the same name. The game is widely regarded as one of the worst pieces of gaming ever made.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
BWAHAHAHAHA!! I LOVED the reference to Superman 64. That game was beyond shit! XD

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I loved the Fresca part. Warm Fresca is bad so I know where Marty's coming from.

Awesome episode overall. One of my favorites.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Hilarious episode. They just get better and better. Literally Better and Better. This is now my second favourite show on the escapist just behind Zero Punctuation and its starting to overtake that.

And please dont say Im the only one who doesnt sing along to the intro music? Please say Im not the only one.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Torque669 said:
Hilarious episode. They just get better and better. Literally Better and Better. This is now my second favourite show on the escapist just behind Zero Punctuation and its starting to overtake that.

And please dont say Im the only one who doesnt sing along to the intro music? Please say Im not the only one.
Thanks. I'm glad you're liking the show. I hum the tune all the time. The weird thing is one day I heard my wife singing it in the shower. :p

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Torque669 said:

Thanks. I'm glad you're liking the show. I hum the tune all the time. The weird thing is one day I heard my wife singing it in the shower. :p
Then that night you reinacted the Gladys and Steve scene. *Chuckle* And no problem. Nice to see an Escapist video contributor who actually talks to the forum go-ers. *Thumbs up*

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
The Superman 64 thing came from the N64 game of the same name. The game is widely regarded as one of the worst pieces of gaming ever made.
Worse than E.T. for the Atari 2600? I'm not sure that's possible.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Jon Etheridge said:
The Superman 64 thing came from the N64 game of the same name. The game is widely regarded as one of the worst pieces of gaming ever made.
Thats a bad one too. I'm not sure which is worse though. In Superman you can kinda fly. In ET you can kinda drop lower on the screen. Either way they're both large, large mounds of festering horse shit.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Macgyvercas said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Thats a bad one too. I'm not sure which is worse though. In Superman you can kinda fly. In ET you can kinda drop lower on the screen. Either way they're both large, large mounds of festering horse shit.
It's a close call, untill you remember that E.T. was so bad that hundreds of thousands of copies ended up buried in a desert somewhere in New Mexico.

KotaroKun115

May 21, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Macgyvercas said:
Jon Etheridge said:
And who can Forget other Shit games like Action 52 and Big Rigs off the road racing.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
It's a close call, untill you remember that E.T. was so bad that hundreds of thousands of copies ended up buried in a desert somewhere in New Mexico.
Yeah, but Superman 64 had more than one person on the development team and three months to crank out a game.

Why so few comments?