Apocalypse Lane: Episode 21: Everybody Hates Cuddles

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I can't believe it tooke me this long to realize that Hickey was my favorite character. The rooster rules!!

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Bad kitty! Bad goddamn kitty!

I'm willing to bet that Obama has finally set his plan in motion. Am I close?

Also, the Rooster was totally unexpected and actually very bizarre and funny. Great job, Jon.

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Hahah. The end with the soldiers (They kinda' remind me of Spartans... o_O) was great. XD Where did they get those stories about Twitchy and Pumper? I can't imagine they'd be having a hard time killing Humongoid if they were really that relentless.

If I had one criticism for this whole series, it would be that it just seems to be going too fast, especially so with the beginning of it. The characters aren't as relatable as they could be, simply because you're only spending so many episodes on one particular arc of the story, but I understand the time retraints and the fact that it IS a web-based cartoon rather than a full 30-min TV series.

However, despite that, I'd rather watch Apocalypse Lane than even a lot of the things I see on TV. (Family Guy and such) The humor is nowhere near as crass as it is in those types of shows.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Wow, that was kind of sad when Steve said he hated Cuddles. Who would've thought this would turn into a good drama?

Vimbert

Aug 15, 2009
I am flat-out stunned at how far this series has come in balancing humor and plot. Keep it this good. WE BEG YOU.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Ah man this is beast. I don't care if everyone hates cuddles he is still beast. And wow Pumper dry humping a port-a-john. This is my one o my top favorites on here.

Also that last bit with the henchmen was classic.

Wubski

Jul 6, 2009
Spot on lad's. that one was F'ing MINT... (not as good as poker night tho) ;) keep up the good work.

initialdelay

Sep 29, 2009
Awesome episode! The main characters seem more emotionally fleshed out, and although it wasn't as light-hearted as previous episodes that isn't necessarily a bad thing. And the "all's fair in love and gambling" line was exactly my kind of humour :)

The sound seemed to be a bit more 'dynamic' - I turned my speakers up for the quieter start and then nearly jumped out of my skin when there was shouting!

Gariom

Mar 20, 2009
One of the funniest episodes so far! As I've said before, this show gets better every week!

I thought everybody hated Cuddles anyway, except Steve of course. He's still my favourite character though!

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
Awesome episode man!

I can't wait to find out what happened to Cuddle's arm. Cuddles and Steve looks like two guys who could have been in the army or something. Maybe especially Cuddles. That cliffhanger is exciting too, but I kinda feel bad for The Gamerz, their odds for beating Obama's thing when their boss is gone is well...I don't know the size of their army, but it seems Obama's is big.

Everything was great except the sound, nothing big, but it got a little hard to hear what they were saying sometimes, and when I turned up the volume they started shouting and shooting eachother.

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
O How I love thee, o great Episode 21. Let me count the ways that I die from laughter.
1) More like a prick.
2) Hallelujah! Rooster be praised.
3) Twichy's Easter Egg Hunt that can only be described as Saw-Quality.
4) Bet he won't last a week.
Awesome awesome work. Love the show.