Apocalypse Lane: Episode 48: Fin

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Damn, another good series that's knocks off some people but what makes it good is that it works. It just gets my goat ya know. Oh well people gotta live and some gotta die. Ugh, all in all good show man. Good show...damn.

o_O

Jul 19, 2009
Ya made absolutely sure this wouldn't have much chance of coming back, eh?

And 72 episodes of Doraleous?! Daaaamn. Good thing I like it. :D

joing_da_fun

May 14, 2010
The great ending. I am a big fan of this show and I first time to sign because i want to applause the work you had done.

PS: Big things start off small.

Elader

Needs more Dakka
Sep 7, 2008
That was an amazing end to an amazing series. I'm going to miss tuning in to this. I would also totally love to buy a copy of the series, either DVD or digital download.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
What a brilliant ending.

So Cuddles gave Steve their own skeletons as a gift. That's friendship

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
willgreg123 said:
I posted a more extensive comment on the Q/A episode, but seeing as you'll be mostly focused on this forum, I will just copy the two questions I asked in that comment and post them on this forum as well. I'd copy the whole thing, but it ran kind of long and I don't want to waste your time... it was mostly praise and observational stuff anyhow...

Did you plan on bringing Hickey back as a ghost ahead of time, or did you bring him back as a ghost for other reasons, like to fill a plot hole or public demand? I ask because though I loved how that was worked into the story, it slightly dulled the shock of a beloved character's death. The same question goes for Stinky.

Also, what animators or animations have inspired you the most?

If I think of any other questions, I'll post them. Thank you to everyone involved, you all really pulled together to make something charming and unique.
Yes, we did plan on bringing Hickey back. Although originally it was in Cuddles mind, we changed it to Steves' because we felt better about it and it gave Steve an incentive to do something other than be lazy. Stinky was one of those ones we also didn't want to lose and in true AL fashion we brought him back as well.

I was heavily inspired by the old MTV days of liquid television and then later Beavis and Butthead. Also the old Nicktoons lineup like Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy and Rugrats. Recently the Adult Swim linup has been attracting me. I've always been a fan of animation but more-so a fan of comedy. However programs like 'Lost' got me thinking, why not mix these types of shows where you can have a funny setting/characters/situations but still tell a compelling story. Few shows have attempted this. Frisky Dingo is one of the newer ones I can think of but it was canceled before it got to wrap up. Lucky the same team is now doing 'Archer' and so far that has been brilliant. :)

NEVRINx54

Nov 12, 2009
this series was one of the greatest pieces of video ever... i even got my question answered on the Q and A, pretty sweet...

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
PiggyGamer said:
Skullkid4187 said:
I never watched this series but i saw this episode...and I gotta say...I missed nothing.
I've never talked to you, but I'm doing it now, and I gotta say...
Based on this first impression of you, you're probably not a fun person to be around.
I actually think Skullkid may be on to something. From now on when I rent a movie, I'll just watch the last five minutes of it and judge the entire film based on what I see. Think of all the time this saves. With that much extra time I can put more hours into being a complete chode on the internet. It's a win win.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I applaud you Mr Etheridge, Apocalypse Lane was the first escapist series I was a part of from start to finish. In the first few episodes I thought it was...alright at best. But in the episode that introduced Buzzsaw and Colon my love for the shows clever humour, relatable characters, unique setting, enthralling plot and surprisingly emotional sequences (I still cannot believe the final image of this video) blossomed.

In short, thanks for kicking ass and still leaving some mystery surrounding Stinky even on the final episode.

FireSoCold

Aug 8, 2009
What a fantastic ending! You guys did an excellent job with this series and I am reluctant to let it go, but the whole thing was a gas. Great job!

i did it 4 the lulz

Oct 13, 2009
lwm3398 said:
Well, there we go.

It used to be three shows on the Escapist, three that I watched. This, Zero Punctuation, and Unforgotten Realms. When Unforgotten Realms left, this took the place perfectly and all was well. Other stuff has come and gone, but this was the kind of show I thought would never go. Now it has, and all I can say is...

[HEADING=1]HOOOOOOO-LEEEEEEEEEY SHIT.[/HEADING]

And now we know what the weird skeleton was. Great.
lwm3398 said:
Well, there we go.

It used to be three shows on the Escapist, three that I watched. This, Zero Punctuation, and Unforgotten Realms. When Unforgotten Realms left, this took the place perfectly and all was well. Other stuff has come and gone, but this was the kind of show I thought would never go. Now it has, and all I can say is...

[HEADING=1]HOOOOOOO-LEEEEEEEEEY SHIT.[/HEADING]

And now we know what the weird skeleton was. Great.

i was like"wait...what the...holyshit! Liked the ending even thought they got killed but exellent work of this series.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Daiym, that's some heavy shit. Apoc lane is one of the funniest web series I have ever seen. Great job, though I'm gonna miss Cuddles.

It hurts. :'(

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
That was an epic ending, for some reason I didn't expect it.

Anyways, I have a question for a possible Q&A, what is Ms. Frankies (Is that her name?) food made of? :O That's possibly the only thing in Apocalypse Lane that isn't explained.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Man I even thinked the series was good from the begining and now it's kinda sad that it was the last episode. Congratulations for making the best show on the escapist.