Apocalypse Lane: Episode Eight: Gullivers Travels

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Episode Eight: Gullivers Travels

Cuddles hitches a ride from a bird crazier than he is.

Watch Video

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
fir- dammit. cool. they should do like a parody of fallout or something along those lines.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Good episode, Jon!
I was wondering how the 'Gamerz' gang would go, but now, with that brief introduction, I'm looking forward to next week.
Awesome.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Good work, really enjoying the series now, I was doubtful after the first couple of episodes but fortunately it has just got better from there.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
MadMark18 said:
Welcome to the Escapist. Just a fair warning, posting random things that are meaningless and not on topic with the forum is a quick way to get banned or suspended by a moderator.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
TheZapper said:
Good work, really enjoying the series now, I was doubtful after the first couple of episodes but fortunately it has just got better from there.
Thanks Zapper! Yeah, the series can have some episodes that are better than the others but when it gets down to it the story is what should keep people coming back. I think once the series is done people will look back at it and hopefully want to watch them all over so they can enjoy the ride. I hope. :p

Shane Hamstra

Amateur Bounty Hunter
Jan 5, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
MadMark18 said:
Welcome to the Escapist. Just a fair warning, posting random things that are meaningless and not on topic with the forum is a quick way to get banned or suspended by a moderator.
Yeah, like what just happened! BAM!

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Aww, my computer won't load up the video, or any videos for that matter....I was excited when I noticed the new episode as well.
EDIT: Yay! It's working now!
Great episode!

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Shane Hamstra said:
Jon Etheridge said:
MadMark18 said:
Shane to the rescue!! Thanks dude.

Vash108

Jul 18, 2008
Nice episode. Looking forward to next Friday.

How many Episodes are you looking to have?

Spinwhiz said:
Well, when ya call the thunder, the hammer comes out :)

Well done again Jon!
Jon I still think you need an avatar with the eyes looking back and fourth all shifty like.

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
I don't have anything smart to say then I'll just say AWESOME !

Keep em' coming I like them alot.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Brilliant episode. Best one so far.
Love Gulliver's story about his beautician. And the "Oh. You only have one"

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Vash108 said:
Nice episode. Looking forward to next Friday.

How many Episodes are you looking to have?

Spinwhiz said:

Well done again Jon!
Jon I still think you need an avatar with the eyes looking back and fourth all shifty like.
48 episodes at the least, but we could do more if there's an audience and an appetite for it which I hope there will be.

I need to animate my avatar but I'm not sure how to do it. I suppose it's just an animated gif file. I'll try it out sometime.

bikeninja

Oct 4, 2007
Haha, I loved the prostitute Mickey cameo, that was the first animation of yours I saw, and I think it's still one of your best.
I'm slowly liking this show more, though I still enjoy most of your older videos vrom other sites. I'm suprised Renegade Awesome wasn't picked up by the escapist.

Shane Hamstra

Amateur Bounty Hunter
Jan 5, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Shane Hamstra said:
Jon Etheridge said:
MadMark18 said:
I asked Spinwhiz to bring the pain and he did not disappoint.

Lucidia

Aug 5, 2008
at first i throught was ok but now its getting better every week and nice cliffhanger xD can't wait for the next one ^^

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Shane Hamstra said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Shane Hamstra said:
Jon Etheridge said:
MadMark18 said:
I asked Spinwhiz to bring the pain and he did not disappoint.
I do what I can :)

kitsunema

Apr 16, 2009
i was supreised that prostitute mickey had a cameo in this episode it was too funny.. if any of you seen that animation he did that is

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
bikeninja said:
Haha, I loved the prostitute Mickey cameo, that was the first animation of yours I saw, and I think it's still one of your best.
I'm slowly liking this show more, though I still enjoy most of your older videos vrom other sites. I'm suprised Renegade Awesome wasn't picked up by the escapist.
Truth be told, we discussed doing Renegade Awesome. The thing with that though, is it's only one joke when you think about it. I think I could handle seeing Renegade every now and then, but I think every week would have been a bit much. LOL
I'm much happier doing something like this series where I get to tell a big story rather than just doing game reviews and having a dad show up who acts like an asshole. Even though that is still funny. :)

Most of my older stuff was always a parody of some kind. Parodies are nice because they are easy for people to get into because they already have a connection with the thing or characters your parodying. A new series is tough because you have to introduce new characters and it takes a while for a character to grow on you, especially in a 5-6 min web series, but I think I'm up to the challenge.

I promise you will see more Renegade Awesome down the line though, and The Escapist may even be nice enough to put him up on their website. I guess we will have to wait and see.

hydrahh

Apr 16, 2009
For some reason the very end was my favorite part of the episode.

"Put your hands up! Oh you only have 1 sorry."

Outro Music!

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
hey jon, good job bringing in Mickey and friends into this series. At least he is back on TV now, right? lol

It keeps getting better and better man keep it up, but i honestly am still disturbed by gladis and steve

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
I recognise the Mick and Goofy skit from a Newgrounds series, did you make those too or did you just use them with permission?

Great episode, the vultures pyscho-chat at the end was funny :)

DazZ.

Jun 4, 2009
Beautiful! Made up for the lack of Cuddles last episode. :D

(I think it was last episode, I remember a recent one having a distinct lack of the best character [small]imo[/small] :p)

Guessing a lot of nerdy jokes are in teh pipelinez aswell.

TrenchCoat

May 5, 2009
Another Great episode, loved the ending.

"Put your hands up! Oh you only have one sorry."

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:

Watch Video
2:11, you spelled meanwhile wrong. Just saying.

Great episode though. "He start's singing happy birthday so of course I had to kill him"

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I would've said this earlier but as I was about to post my internet died :(

"Cat's eyes are freaky tasty."

"I've got pink eye, I've got conjunctivitis, I've got catarax, I'm practically blind, where'd you go?"

Loved it, keep them up!

Windexglow

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone else have trouble with firefox? Can't load any of escapists videos on it - internet exploder works fine though..

Myan

I Want to Go to There!
Dec 16, 2003
I've always loved this series, but I'm happy to say that they keep getting better and better. The character development is just awesome.

And I loved the vulture's crazy rant.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
snuffler said:
Jon Etheridge said:

Watch Video
2:11, you spelled meanwhile wrong. Just saying.

Great episode though. "He start's singing happy birthday so of course I had to kill him"
Yeah, we spelled a lot of things wrong in this episode. It was kind of a running gag and it will most likely continue. :p

Diablini

May 24, 2009
I see you brought Micky the prostitute and Goof from your Youtube videos! That was a nice one. Also the Inauguration Obama was sweet.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Pankeyman said:
Jon Etheridge said:
bikeninja said:
Truth be told, we discussed doing Renegade Awesome. The thing with that though, is it's only one joke when you think about it. I think I could handle seeing Renegade every now and then, but I think every week would have been a bit much. LOL
I'm much happier doing something like this series where I get to tell a big story rather than just doing game reviews and having a dad show up who acts like an asshole. Even though that is still funny. :)

Most of my older stuff was always a parody of some kind. Parodies are nice because they are easy for people to get into because they already have a connection with the thing or characters your parodying. A new series is tough because you have to introduce new characters and it takes a while for a character to grow on you, especially in a 5-6 min web series, but I think I'm up to the challenge.

I promise you will see more Renegade Awesome down the line though, and The Escapist may even be nice enough to put him up on their website. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Will we also see the likes of Prostitute Mickey? Not just in cameo but actual episodes? I freaking loved Prostitute Mickey!
Yes. We have the third one recorded I just need to find time to animate it.

megatron2.0

Feb 18, 2009
this series is really improving. i love the "put your hands up, oh you only have one sorry"

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
The Buttfuckers would be the scariest gang to walk the earth. Also, Mouseass sounds good to watch.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Spinwhiz said:

Well done again Jon!
It's hell of allot fun reading your moderator posts...
Sort of what it must be like listening to Chuck Norris and Thor making up plans for world domination...

On topic...
Awesome show, loved the president thingy
=D

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
dude its cool i made this peanut butter myself you gotta try some! he starts singin happy birthday so of course i had to kill him. that story was HILARIOUS best episode yet :).

LumberWarrior

Apr 16, 2009
Haha Awesome episode! If I had doubts that was Obama on the last episode, this would have put my doubts to rest. "Whats up bitches, haha only kidding." I wouldn't trust him to take care of the gang. He'd probably just through money at them and hope that fixes the problem lol. Anyways great work man.

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
I'm obviously a bit slow because I had no idea it was you guys who made the prostitute Mickey cartoons, great series so far (x2)!

Akio

May 14, 2009
This series really is taking off: each episode is getting better and better. And was that Prostitute Micky? I remember watching those animations on Newgrounds not too long ago.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
flaming_squirrel said:
I'm obviously a bit slow because I had no idea it was you guys who made the prostitute Mickey cartoons, great series so far (x2)!
Yeah... poor Mickey.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
slipknot4 said:
Spinwhiz said:

Well done again Jon!
It's hell of allot fun reading your moderator posts...
Sort of what it must be like listening to Chuck Norris and Thor making up plans for world domination...

=D
*bow* I try to teach as well as entertain :)

Will of One

Jun 1, 2009
I just started watching watching Apocalypse Lane yesterday and luckely I watched the youtube videos before watching the new episode. Does the theme song exist in a longer version by the way? It's my new favorite. Oh and great episode.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
That episode was pretty funny throughout the entire time. I don't know why, but I loved the last quote of the episode so much

webchameleon

Jan 10, 2008
This is probably the funniest one yet. It's cool how you fit your other cartoon parodies into this. Fitting that Obama was in charge when the bombs fell. I worry that too many game parodies will pigeonhole the cartoon's humor in the gamers' niche. I knew you were referencing a game in last week's episode with the TV show the sock was watching. The task the big guy was assigned sounded stupid, but not enough to make me grin. If recognition is what a laugh depends on...well, then I don't think its a laugh worth pursuing.

But that's just me, and I think the series is fantastic anyway. The bulk of its humor comes from its own sitcom-y style. Thanks for making me laugh every Friday.

Lordkeppington

Jun 19, 2009
Ha i think it was realy pretty funny, i'm looking forward to seeing how the whole gamerz gang thing pans out :D

diablomaki

Jul 17, 2009
freakin awesome, keeps getting better, my cat wouldnt agree because she doesnt understand why she is constantly being picked up and forced to act out cuddle's lines...meh she'll get over it

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Another excellent episode - people wrote off the series to quickly - as you said, it takes time for character development in shows such as these.

tea bags

Jul 3, 2009
diablomaki said:
freakin awesome, keeps getting better, my cat wouldnt agree because she doesnt understand why she is constantly being picked up and forced to act out cuddle's lines...meh she'll get over it
I would pay good money to see that!

the other guy who writes AL

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
D_987 said:
Another excellent episode - people wrote off the series to quickly - as you said, it takes time for character development in shows such as these.
You're right. We must work together to bring back the non-believers. :p

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
... i know we probably ain't gonna see him again, but Gullivers is my fav in this series ^^

... Wait a second, this series is gonna have a plot?!?!

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Loved seeing Prostitute Mickey in this one, and the vulture's monologue was hilarious.

My favourite of the series so far, keep up the awesome work!

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
You did Prostitute Mickey?! Wow. I really didn't see that coming. But really, these last few episodes were great. I look forward to watching from now on. Keep 'em coming!

tea bags

Jul 3, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
D_987 said:
Offer free tacos to the non-believers......and not your everyday taco's, but the really good ones!

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
Jon Etheridge said:
We did one last week and that's all your gettin'. LOL
they should put gulliver in fallout, i think that would have been funny.

also, was that bush or obama? or both >.> obamush

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
This was the best one yet, although the last few have been good. Of course we all want to see more of the Gamerz, omg. There is a story behind the insanity, I like it. And doesn't our president already talk like that now, or is that an exaggeration?

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
"Stick your hands in the air, oh... you only have one I'm sorry" That was fuuuunnny.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
D_987 said:
Just name your next episode "Megan Fox sex tape"...everyone on the Escapist will end up watching it...

Although, that does beg the question, do you think your animation skills are up for the challenge? o_O

Balkan_Fury

Jul 18, 2009
simply brilliant

the gamerz guy with his funny voice and the "oh you only got one, sorry" joke = roflmao

keep up the good work m8 cuz this is pure gold

Dimeinurear

Apr 7, 2009
Jon, uh, you misspelled "Meanwhile" at around 2:13 xD

Also, best episode by FAR, I was laughing my ass off pretty might right from the get-go.. keep it up Jon!

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Dam it, I missed this Friday as it was buried on the main page by the rather unusual sing song...

tea bags

Jul 3, 2009
theunreliablecritic said:
love the jackass reference and the CAT-aracs pun ......... was that a random joke or was it supposed to be a pun
random joke, but it is funny

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Aww, poor Mickey. Anything to make a buck, right? I really am quite happy with how the series is turning out. Event though it had a shaky start, it seems to have "found itself" with the past few episodes. Its nice to see a series with proper character and plot development rather than just the same thing over and over again.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
SuperMse said:
Aww, poor Mickey. Anything to make a buck, right? I really am quite happy with how the series is turning out. Event though it had a shaky start, it seems to have "found itself" with the past few episodes. Its nice to see a series with proper character and plot development rather than just the same thing over and over again.
Thanks. We have a lot of fun developing these characters and I think you'll be very surprised where we take them on this bizarre and exciting journey. It's a soap opera with cat shit in it.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Awesome episode guys and Kudos to the people who brought the allmighty banhammer upon the troll.

talonjadeone

Apr 15, 2009
These are getting better every time I see 'em. and to the guy who wants to do a fallout 3 parody... um dude your watching them... in fact all of these are in a form of a parody.

tea bags

Jul 3, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
SuperMse said:
Thanks. We have a lot of fun developing these characters and I think you'll be very surprised where we take them on this bizarre and exciting journey. It's a soap opera with cat shit in it.
Jon, did you say "its a soap opera with some cat shit in it". That is one hell of a quote! Can I use that?

Bryan

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
tea bags said:
Jon Etheridge said:
SuperMse said:
Jon, did you say "its a soap opera with some cat shit in it". That is one hell of a quote! Can I use that?

Bryan
I think you were the one that came up with it the other night. You were drunk and you beat me until I was barely alive, then you said "Hey, Apocalypse Lane is like a soap opera with cat shit in it." just as you struck me in the head with a 2X4. I distinctly remember that before waking up the next morning naked and soaked in blood and what I hope was mayonnaise.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
talonjadeone said:
These are getting better every time I see 'em. and to the guy who wants to do a fallout 3 parody... um dude your watching them... in fact all of these are in a form of a parody.
Thanks, and welcome to The Escapist! :)

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
Ah classic stuff this is a great addition to my escapist video viewing and I love where the show is going. I'm quite interested in seeing how these gamers are gonna look. Keep it up man. Awesome stuff.

Foxbat Flyer

Jul 9, 2009
Great Episode, seems to be getting better every single episode... just cant wait til the next episode now! keep up the good work!

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
I must say when this series first came out I was extremley sceptical but man did it turn itself around, hilarious now one of my main reasons for visiting this site.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Cant wait for next week.

Also, I recognize mickey mouses animation from a newgrounds animation I saw...

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Ashbax said:
Cant wait for next week.

Yeah, that was my old Prostitute Mickey animation where O'l Mickey was hooking himself out for what little bit of cash he could get.

The Mickey in this is not the same Mickey, but ironically he is played by the same actor.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Nmil-ek said:
I must say when this series first came out I was extremley sceptical but man did it turn itself around, hilarious now one of my main reasons for visiting this site.
Thanks. We knew from the get go that this show would find it's audience. Just be sure to tell all of your friends about it and force them to watch it. :)

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
damn! you guys are really funny! i really admire you for taking all your feedback on board and using them to make the show much more funny. props to apocalypse lane. great episode though not quite as good as last weeks!

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Ashbax said:
Cant wait for next week.

Yeah, that was my old Prostitute Mickey animation where O'l Mickey was hooking himself out for what little bit of cash he could get.

The Mickey in this is not the same Mickey, but ironically he is played by the same actor.
Yeah! Thats where I remember it from! So, your the same guy? Sweet. I loved your stuff back on newgrounds.

Edit: Keep up the good work, and I admire you for finally taking the audiences opinion on board and using it to make the show better.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Zand88 said:
Another insubstantial episode.
I don't mind snobby comments, but could you be a bit more constructive in your criticism. We're trying to make the show better and to do that we need to know what some people don't like about it. Don't worry, we can take it. :)

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Hmm...I'm still not sure about this series. It's certainly humorous, and I enjoy it to some extent, but it's funnier in more of a "Newgrounds.com" way than an Escapist way. It just seems a little crude for the site. But maybe that's just me being a stuck-up intellectual gamer.

Mar 16, 2009
Oh. You did Obama's Inauguration. And Prostitute Mickey. That would explain why both are in this film (or you reused Obama's drawing).
Weaker episode than most, but I'll chalk that up to plot build-up.

Zand88

Jan 21, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
I don't mind snobby comments, but could you be a bit more constructive in your criticism. We're trying to make the show better and to do that we need to know what some people don't like about it. Don't worry, we can take it. :)
Sounds like baiting to me.
But anyway, I think 'insubstantial' critiques it fine enough.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Zand88 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Sounds like baiting to me.
But anyway, I think 'insubstantial' critiques it fine enough.
I think "insubstantial" critiques your post. But whatever, I guess the show isn't for everyone and we're cool with that. :)

johnman said:
"no! No! that is not proper sqaure dancing music!"
haha We need to do more of Gulliver's Rants. LOL

CrymsonX

Jun 26, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Wait... what? Dammit Jon... you just blew my mind. But then i'm sure that's lots of fun.... for you...

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
CrymsonX said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Wait... what? Dammit Jon... you just blew my mind. But then i'm sure that's lots of fun.... for you...
Sorry mate. I hope your mind gets better soon, and if the police call I had nothing to do with it.

Zand88

Jan 21, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
I think "insubstantial" critiques your post. But whatever, I guess the show isn't for everyone and we're cool with that. :)
So much for trying to improve. :)

LumberWarrior

Apr 16, 2009
Zand88 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Maybe if you'd like something in the show to be improved you could actually tell him what it is that you dislike. Constructive criticism might help the show =D who knows

tea bags

Jul 3, 2009
Zand88 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
This looks like fun!
LumberWarrior said:
Zand88 said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Maybe if you'd like something in the show to be improved you could actually tell him what it is that you dislike. Constructive criticism might help the show =D who knows
You couldnt have put it any better! Constructive criticism is a two way street!

DisturbedMXer8

Jun 6, 2009
Amazing work, man. Best episode yet, by far. I was gleefully surprised by the appearance of Prostitute Mickey and Obama, as well. That was pure badassness. Keep em comin, I'm greatly looking forward to the next one =]

- Cheyne

Retributionx

Jul 24, 2009
"Apocalypse Lane is written and voiced by Jon Etheridge and Brian Mahoney. Drawn and Animated by Jon Etheridge. See a new episode every Friday at Noon, ET, only at The Escapist."

Or, newgrounds it seems ¬_¬ http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/504624

What a bag of dicks.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
GODDAMIT GODAMMT GODAMMIT GODAMMIT!!!!!!! LOL PROSTITUTE MICKEY! WOOHOO! Guard: HANDS UP!!! o u only have one im sorry ROFLMAO!!!!

EDIT: Woah..... you can Defidently tell this was one of my first posts.....