Apocalypse Lane: Episode Five: Mississippi Maggot Stew

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
lol it was epic xP..
especially 'So what are we gonna do with this big bowl of boiling chicken shit' xP
Keep up the Good Work...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
obisean said:
Abedeus said:
obisean said:
Good episode. I don't try to see upcoming jokes so that when they do come they are actually funny, unlike some people here who seem to get off on ruining shit for themselves. I like the show and hope you keep up the good work.
Uhm. What? You are blaming us for predictable "plot" and seeing the jokes that are inevitable to just pop out?
My point is that I don't try to guess what will happen next and instead just let them tell the story. Sure I could sit there and go "oh, I know what he is going to do with that pot of chicken shit" but then when he actually does it, it isn't funny. What is the point in that? Why am I even watching something that is meant to be funny if all I'm going to do is ruin jokes for myself? You can ***** that the guy with the puppet is predictable, but they do a better job with it than South Park did.

What's the difference between the tumor on Steve's shoulder and the sock puppet? The way they act. You don't seem to mention Steve and his tumor though. And I can't remember the last time Mr. Hat was accused of spousal abuse. Sure Mr. Hat did get in a fight with Mr. Mackey, but that was just meant to be stupid. Mr. Hat didn't even fight the man controlling him, so Mr. Mackey was just fighting a disembodied puppet, making it a different joke all together.

To you a predictable joke seems to be "You already made a joke about my mom. Man they are all the same, how predictable."
Uhm...

Mr Hat tried to kill Mr Twig on few occasions. And they had an argument when Mr Hat wanted to go to his KKK rally, but Mr Garrison didn't want to...

I don't know if you tried to compare this series' humor to "your mom" jokes, but it's almost on the same level.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Rafe said:
hehehee! Liked that one alot, glad I stuck with it and I hear it's getting even better!

Also I love how you guys have handled all the negative feedback so far, very professional.
I agree - with so many asses on this site these days, who spend all their time complaining about shows and never really contributing anything relevant or constructive (like saying the jokes are predictable, for example) it's all too easy to want to give up or resort to fighting back, but you've handled the jerks very well.

Personally, I think that even though some of the jokes are a little predictable, the fact that you know what might be coming isn't a bad thing since you do it so well! It's like whinging that developers don't supply extra DLC for their games or that a game is 'too linear' despite the fact that it's a fun game. :p

Apocalypse Lane is perfectly snappy, in my opinion.

defaultuser

Jun 5, 2009
I've been telling you all. Just wait. It is going to keep getting better. These guys know what they are doing.

Dahemo

Aug 16, 2008
I have to say I'm not a fan of this series in any way, it's well drawn and I like the artist's work on Newgrounds but it's just very souless, the episodes seem to build up to a fairly boring or predictable pay off: everyone is eating cat shit or the gay zombie has an obscene story, and the comedy of the build up is in itself tired and not really pushing any buttons for me (spousal abuse or a cookery show with violence).

I'm not saying it's terrible, it just doesn't work for me although I can see that others may enjoy it. It all just feels terribly phoned in, in the writing that is, the art and animation is very good but the scripting is lazy and, at best, a hack...

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
I think this episode was pretty funny. Cuddles laughing at the end did it for me.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Dahemo said:
I have to say I'm not a fan of this series in any way, it's well drawn and I like the artist's work on Newgrounds but it's just very souless, the episodes seem to build up to a fairly boring or predictable pay off: everyone is eating cat shit or the gay zombie has an obscene story, and the comedy of the build up is in itself tired and not really pushing any buttons for me (spousal abuse or a cookery show with violence).

I'm not saying it's terrible, it just doesn't work for me although I can see that others may enjoy it. It all just feels terribly phoned in, in the writing that is, the art and animation is very good but the scripting is lazy and, at best, a hack...
I recommend sticking around for a few more episodes. It may surprise you.

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Poor father Hickey. I guess it sucks to be a prisoner of your own hand ;).

Best episode yet.

swatmajor1

Gimme 5 Minutes!
Jan 3, 2008
I dont know...Poker Night is my favorite episode. That one had replay value.

But this one was bland at best. The animation is as good as ever, and and voice acting is getting better, but the story, and the jokes, are either obvious, or just not funny.

Sorry to the makers, but as good as an idea this series is, it seems to lack direction, and a continuous humor streak.

Rickyvantof

May 6, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
Abedeus said:
In South Park. Nine and a half years ago. Mr Hat had a fight with Mr Mackey. Not exactly the same situation, but close. And it was a lot funnier.
Hahaha. i remember that scene. They were on a school bus going to the recorder concert or something. The brown noise! LOL Love me some South Park. :)

-Jon
That SP episode was sooo funny :D

As for AL, well, maybe it's me, but I didn't laugh even once, or smile, for that matter. Perhaps it's not my kind of humor...

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I didn't think this one was that funny. I liked the reference to Steve's roof and the ending was OK but otherwise a pretty poor episode imo.