Apocalypse Lane: Episode Five: Mississippi Maggot Stew

MiloP

Jan 23, 2009
Not too shabby. I have a feeling this series will come up with a gut-bustingly funny episode soon, and that should sway any 'meh'-ers.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
This series is awesome.

Did you get the idea for more camera motion from my last post? No? *cries*

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
sneak_copter said:
This series is awesome.

Did you get the idea for more camera motion from my last post? No? *cries*
Thanks dude. Im glad you like the show. As the series goes on it feels like I try to get more ambitious with the camera moves, particle effecs and whatnot. It's fun to play around and try to find out what works and what dosent. It's a great oppertunity for me personally and as the series continues it will ony get better.

-Jon Etheridge
-Creator of Apocalypse Lane

angryscotsman93

Dec 27, 2008
Hmm...

New character idea: just off the top of my head.

Simply put, it's a young guy who always wears a gas-mask and combat fatigues, though not usually body armor; his name is Jack, and he's the town's resident wanderer. He wanders the wastelands, finding interesting things and occassionally popping back into town to show off his latest baubles (for example, an irradiated yo-yo that glows in the dark). He's a pretty good friend of Cuddles and Steve (Steve's second face seems to get the impression that Jack is looking at him funny, but he can't prove it due to the ever-present gas-mask), but Gladys hates him by association with Steve and Cuddles, by his attitude (very cocky and excitable), and because his "house" is, by far, the most unbelievably trashed, dilapidated, and wrecked building in the entirety of Apocalypse Lane. However, underneath his house is his real home- a modified fallout bunker where his parents, some of the last un-mutated individuals in the area, lived and gave birth to him.

That's right- he's the only non-mutant in the whole town.

Reverend Hicky puts up with him, despite Jack's refusal to believe in the Rooster, and Stinky finds his puppy-like "hey, look at what I found in the irradiated military base, go ahead and touch, the zombies didn't have it for very long anyways" kind of attitude rather annoying.

The gay ghoul (I forgot his name, I'm afraid) doesn't mind him too much, although he's noticed the rather nervous posture Jack takes when around him (the ghoul says it's homophobia, but jack says, "I've got no problem with gay people, but I don't trust anyone whose arm is falling off."), and the giant worm.... THING is cool with him, but insistent that he get around to fixing the damn house.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
angryscotsman93 said:
Hmm...

New character idea: just off the top of my head.

Simply put, it's a young guy who always wears a gas-mask and combat fatigues, though not usually body armor; his name is Jack, and he's the town's resident wanderer. He wanders the wastelands, finding interesting things and occassionally popping back into town to show off his latest baubles (for example, an irradiated yo-yo that glows in the dark). He's a pretty good friend of Cuddles and Steve (Steve's second face seems to get the impression that Jack is looking at him funny, but he can't prove it due to the ever-present gas-mask), but Gladys hates him by association with Steve and Cuddles, by his attitude (very cocky and excitable), and because his "house" is, by far, the most unbelievably trashed, dilapidated, and wrecked building in the entirety of Apocalypse Lane. However, underneath his house is his real home- a modified fallout bunker where his parents, some of the last un-mutated individuals in the area, lived and gave birth to him.

That's right- he's the only non-mutant in the whole town.

Reverend Hicky puts up with him, despite Jack's refusal to believe in the Rooster, and Stinky finds his puppy-like "hey, look at what I found in the irradiated military base, go ahead and touch, the zombies didn't have it for very long anyways" kind of attitude rather annoying.

The gay ghoul (I forgot his name, I'm afraid) doesn't mind him too much, although he's noticed the rather nervous posture Jack takes when around him (the ghoul says it's homophobia, but jack says, "I've got no problem with gay people, but I don't trust anyone whose arm is falling off."), and the giant worm.... THING is cool with him, but insistent that he get around to fixing the damn house.
Nice. That's similar to a character we have called "Twitchy". He hasn't appeared yet, you'll have to wait till episode 8 to meet him and his sidekick Pumper.

He started out like you said, as a wanderer, but some ideas and script changes put him in another location outside of the Lane. This Friday will start the story arc that leads us in that direction.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Reminds me of The Oblongs, in a good way.
Man, I LOVED that show. It was a shame it didn't go on longer as I feel it was very under-rated. I think they only had maybe 17 or 18 episodes. You have to give things time to find their audience. :p

-Jon
-Creator of Apocalypse Lane

ZelosRaine

Sep 20, 2010
Hmm...The domestic violence, despite being with himself, was far too real for me to enjoy. On the other hand, it WAS one of the most realistic representations despite the medium. In any case, a well put together episode.