Apocalypse Lane: Episode Two: Poker Night

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
That was good, I hate seeing comments that just say "it wasn't funny" with no real reason as to why they feel that way - how are they supposed to improve it if you don't tell them what you want to see?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
I thought last week's was pretty decent, but this week's was a classic.

I'm sold.

Chartic

Nov 21, 2008
When the Zombie started talking, I couldn't stop laughing. It needs a little work but this is turning into a good show. I can't wait for the next one.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Better than the last episode, but it still hasn't really managed to make me laugh. I'll give it one more week.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
The opening poker game got me laughing and the ending was hilorus. It's getting better just make sure cuddles gets good lines, I love him.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
I enjoyed it, people just need to adjust to it's style and regular appearance on the site. Really funny, I love that cat Cuddles.

Choppie6

May 8, 2009
D_987 said:
That was good, I hate seeing comments that just say "it wasn't funny" with no real reason as to why they feel that way - how are they supposed to improve it if you don't tell them what you want to see?
Exactly.

This episode made me laugh, and I shall continue to tune in. Can't wait for the next one - keep up the great work!

Also, I love the theme song. Couldn't have gotten it more perfect.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I kind of expected a gay joke; it wasn't the funniest thing there, but I smiled, and chuckled a little.

I though the clever part was fooling us into buying into that queeny, effeminate, mild-mannered sort of gay stereotype, and hitting us with this notion that he's more hardcore than that. Like a leather daddy.

Anyways, keep it up. I enjoy it.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
This week was MUCH better than last week, I'm starting to think this show has more to it than a catchy theme song.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Littlenorwegians said:
Find me the funny. . .
I can't find it. Being just plain silly by going "This is like a typical thing in our society, but after the apocalypse." doesn't work.
"HEY! It's a gay person, but hes a ghoul.

And the heavy usage of censor beep has been done plenty of times before. I knew after 3 seconds the guys around the table would drop their jaws and there would be an awkward silence.

A cute thing you don't expect to have a deep, throaty voice has also been used. Fex, the baby from Who Fooled Roger Rabbit.

I'm only speaking for myself of course, but I can't laugh at this.
It's not offensive, sick, witty, shocking and certainly not original in my book.
I am of course open for this show to improve and wish the best of luck in doing so, that is to say if you want to improve the show.
I agree. I just can not get into this show at all.

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
I could not stop laughing when Willy started telling that story, I haven't laughed that much at Unskippable or even ZP, and those shows are fucking hilarious.

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
"Two sweet potatoes, rice, and an egg" and it only got better from there. Heavily used censor gag? Yes. And yet, it's one of my favorites. It had me in tears actually. Bottom line, fandom pending, but absolutely here next week. Good show, fellas.

Cortheya

Elite Member
Jan 10, 2009
the story was OK but not the rest...still better than last week so ill give it another chance

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I am the only one that found it funny it seems.... But then again I have a really huge sense of humor. And those of you who don't like it, remember video game theater and compare it to this. Also, I am fully aware that these two are completely different series, so save your breath.

sage42

Elite Member
Mar 20, 2009
reminds me of quagmires story. you know the one we don't here because peter cavers up stewie's ears. and just to let you know i loved that part