Apocalypse Lane: Episode Two: Poker Night

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Man, I love that cat way, way more than I should.

It wasn't very funny, and the censor gag was overdone (it's a joke that has to end with surgical precision, otherwise it gets boring), but I'm still willing to watch the next episodes to see if it improves.

I also think the zombie thing would be much funnier if it was a girl that just looks gay rather than just gay. I mean, listen to me, guys. Gay jokes are beneath you. YOU CAN DO IT. BELIEVE IT.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
I do enjoy this, just thinking that if we had alittle more detail/story on the characters before going into things like this would be better. If you understand what I mean.

obisean

May the Force Be With Me
Feb 3, 2009
Was I the only one who noticed that the zombie said (roughly) "I had long golden hair and I was wearing a sun dress"? I don't think that the zombie is gay, but actually was a female. Unless eh was just a cross dresser.

GingerFace

Feb 15, 2008
A huge improvement on the first episode, will watch next week to see if this continues to improve.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
RAWKSTAR said:
I do enjoy this, just thinking that if we had alittle more detail/story on the characters before going into things like this would be better. If you understand what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean. We tossed around the idea of explaining everything about how the neighborhood got there and what happened to cause nuclear fallout right from the start. We ultimately decided to NOT reveal anything, but to slowly reveal things about what happened to this world over the course of the series rather than all at once. I think it's a decision that, when it's all said and done, I hope will have been the right one. :)

-Jon

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Triple G said:
Duude, can someone invent some rules for apocalypse poker?
That would be AWESOME!!! That could actually be a fun flash game to play online with other Escapist members. :)

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
I didn't laugh at the first one,and wasn't up for giving this a second chance.
But i'm so glad i did, this one had me laughing, willy's story and everyones faces. Brilliant.
Will be looking forward to the next one.

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
I didn't think I'd check back this week, because I did not enjoy last weeks video, but I was bored so I figured, what the hell. Anyways, I'm glad I did, it's still meh, but it's improved enough to make me actually want to give it another try.

osirus1320

May 31, 2009
Not too bad this week, I bet it will get better though. The part that made me laugh was "But then the water hose stopped working so we switched to a *BEEEEEEEEEEP*"

dandahammer

Partaker of adult beverages
Jun 2, 2009
Definately a regular now. Need a few more episodes before deciding on a favorite character tho. Perhaps slug man will show his face friday.

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
i can read lips...and willy i'll be your %$@@#* $$#@#$ chap-wearin' $%#@@! &^*%$...you can call me frank if it helps...as for the toon...is there a reference to some game i just don't know about...i thought all the vids on this site were game related...some fallout jokes/references (decent ones) were missed obviously...why?...couldn't they have been betting with fission batteries, cherry bombs, and other fallout items?...have them sippin on nuka cola or munchin on "junk food"...couldn't one of the old flames have been from somewhere in the wasteland...these are off the top of my head at 3 am...i'm sure there are other post apocalypse games they could have referenced also...how do you even call on a cracker raise?the expaination behind that could have been funnier than them all being impressed with a saltine...don't get me wrong, i like the show...i'll watch it as long as i can get away with it at work...i just hate to agree with the elitist-a@@hole-self-procaimed-critics who are so "meh" about this series and take the time to be one of the first ones to post just so they can talk shit...dorks

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I thought this one was quite funny. It's still a bit mainstream but good for some light entertainment.
herio said:
man i can draw and right better then this guy
Is that a joke? I can't tell if you're purposely making grammatical errors or you're just illiterate.

smiddyhawk

Apr 28, 2009
TONNES BETTER THAN LAST WEEK! Seriously last week I was thinking that this was never going to catch on, but a big improvement this episode.