Apocalypse Lane: Episode Two: Poker Night

JaketheRake

May 14, 2009
Sure the sensor thing has been done a lot but what you look for is the bridge topics. I thought it was quite well done. The real trick of staying power is the interplay of the characters and not the originality of the comedy. I think you have some interesting characters going here.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
JaketheRake said:
Sure the sensor thing has been done a lot but what you look for is the bridge topics. I thought it was quite well done. The real trick of staying power is the interplay of the characters and not the originality of the comedy. I think you have some interesting characters going here.
This guy gets it. :)

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
That's better! I'm starting to like this serie!
Good job there, hardhat!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
I was under the impression the zombie was a traditional redneck skank country girl, which is why the paradoy works so well as she no longer has any skin....
Its growing on me.

WinkyTheGreat

Sep 6, 2008
Beltom1066 said:
The beginning was a bit slow but I couldn't help laughing when that zombie started telling it's story. Better than lasts weeks but could still use some work.
This. I literally started laughing out loud when the zombie started telling the story. The words that weren't bleeped were perfect.

xxDarlenexx

Dec 24, 2008
What really sells the "censored jokes" are the parts that ARE heard. And the more nonsensical they are the more hilarious it is. It was executed really well here. Great job!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Okay, I honestly had to laugh this time!

"When I'm taking your stuff, I feel like there's a bond."
And the way Willy kept getting beeped with the few, intersected and totally random words...

Just don't repeat the beeping-part or it'll get old.
But it's nice for one episode.

Overall, much better than the first one.
Could've done without the cat puking, though. Their stunned looks would've been enough.

Matty-C

Jul 23, 2008
Dude, I cried laughing when the zombie was tellin his story. Way better than last week.

"...it's like bobbing for apples, but with a..."

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Jive-TurKey said:
Fleeting said:
Just let it die. We dont need another bad series like unforgotten realms. Its just not funny and its all been done before.
and die it shall. This show at its very best will be a 5 out of 10, but most episodes will hover around 2-3 out of 10.
I think you have to give it a chance to find its place.
This episode was much better than last weeks, and had me laughing at a few spots. I'm expecting next weeks to be even better.
I'm going to keep watching, and over time I think they'll find their humor and roll with it.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I was laughing so hard at the zombies story. Last week wasn't that great, but this was genius.

"Ahh, I miss frank"

TheCube

Apr 16, 2009
better than last week but still very disappointing. i don't think i will be tuning in for further episodes. all the characters are still very shallow and hard to relate to.