Apocalypse Lane: Episode Two: Poker Night

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
I liked it a lot, just ignore the nay-sayers :)
You've got yourself a viewer here :D

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
I think that's a very responsible and mature way to deal, saikanoto.

Believe me, as the head of the video department here at The Escapist, I'd love for everyone to love everything we produce, but I'm not so much of a fool that I genuinely expect that to ever happen.

We produce a lot of different kinds of content, and it's a virtual guarantee some of it will not be to the linking of some people. All we can ask is that, if you see something you don't like, you please try to be Zen about it and accept that different people have different tastes.

I think it's the height of arrogance to assume that simply because you don't enjoy a thing it should "go away". As if we each as individuals were important enough to make that decision for everyone else. I mean seriously, guys. Give me a break.

Obviously there are some things here you enjoy or you wouldn't be here. All I can ask is that, if you find yourself confronted with something here you don't enjoy, you let it pass and take solace in the fact that we're just as enthusiastic about producing the content you do enjoy as we are about producing the content you don't.

No one here is out to get anyone or force anyone to watch free content that will make their heads explode. I promise. We're simply serving up a variety of things we think are awesome in their own special ways, and hoping we can share that awesomeness with our friends, the wonderful people who make up The Escapist community.

As far as Apocalypse Lane is concerned, I and the rest of the team here think it's funny and brilliant and truly original or else it wouldn't be on the site. Period. I hope you can give it a chance, but if it doesn't float your boat, then that's OK, too. Life will go on for all of us :)
Wow, that's a very nice insight on how the site works. This show could get better and maybe I'll start watching it.
Oh, and Mr. Pitts, you spelt 'okay' wrong. :D
[small]I'm sorry,don't hurt me.[/small]

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Well that was a definite improvement from last week, but I just don't think this is for me really.

I'm not accusing anybody of anything here but that zombie's story was very similar to a family guy gag where Quagmire tells a sex story with no audio and a seemingly random comment at the end.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Here at The Escapist, we use the AP Style Manual as our general writing guideline. AP Style calls for spelling "okay" as "OK". Trust me on this. Back when I was writing articles more regularly, it took me about a year to break myself of doing it the other way :p

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Here at The Escapist, we use the AP Style Manual as our general writing guideline. AP Style calls for spelling "okay" as "OK". Trust me on this. Back when I was writing articles more regularly, it took me about a year to break myself of doing it the other way :p
Well then I sit corrected.

LumberWarrior

Apr 16, 2009
I thought this was a nice improvement from last week, and I will continue watching. What does he use to animate this?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Infiniteloop said:
Am I the only one who originally thought the ghoul was a girl?

edit: I think it is a girl, why would a guy be wearing a sun dress in the story?
It's called Willy, so I assumed it was male, albeit a very camp male. As for why they'd be wearing a sundress... men sometimes wear women's clothes? I dunno, I see one of the creators kicking around in this topic, maybe he could give us a clue one way or t'other.

I think my comment from last week stands - it's good, perhaps not the best thing I've ever seen, but absolutely watchable... you can consider me a regular viewer.