Apple Passes Microsoft as Most Valuable Technology Company

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
geizr said:
EDIT: Deleted my comments cause I don't want to waste my energies getting embroiled in another stupid PC fanboy vs Apple fanboy religious crusade. Just learn to use and enjoy the machine you bought, people, and don't worry about what other people do. Grow up, get over yourselves, and get a life.
But . . .but that's the internet. You can't just turn your back on that.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Tell me Apple, do you run Flash yet?

No...? Well then, can you multi-task?

No...? Ok, do you allow third party software?

Well...We'll await the Monopoly Commission's decision, shall we?
Wow, I wasn't going to comment, but this post is so full of fail, I just had to.
As of this posting, no mobile device runs a non beta flash player.
iDevices have always multi-tasked, just not with 3rd party apps. That's why you can download songs from iTunes, listen to your iPod and surf the web at the same time. This is added in a free OS update next month for 3rd party software.

As for allowing 3rd party software, wow...really? You are telling me that the 200,000+ apps in the app store are all made by Apple?

And there is no monopoly commission, probably will never be. They are making inquires about iTunes, it has nothing to do with the App Store.

Dr. Whiggs

Jan 12, 2008
Vhite said:
tkioz said:
Without a viable alternative on the market (don't you dare say Linux or I'll hunt you down and harm you) that was just the way of things, but with competitions making them fight for their supper they can't afford to be lazy any more, so this is a good thing for the consumer and definitely a good thing for Microsoft.
Linux
Now you've done it!

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
I'm surprised this article said nothing about Google and the fact that it's replacing both Apple and Microsoft in some markets.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Gindil said:
I'm surprised this article said nothing about Google and the fact that it's replacing both Apple and Microsoft in some markets.
Like what?

Altherix

Jul 3, 2008
cabooze said:
we did it! seriously though, apple knows how to sell stuff. That's all you need.
I hate to bring reality crashing down on you, but Apple isn't your friend. Fact is, they don't give two pisses about you as a person, so you might want to take those words back.

Don't care honestly, as DOJ is setting its sights on Apple's anti-competing tactics.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20005972-501465.html

A lot of people cheered on DOJ when they went after MS, wonder if we'll hear the same cheers now or still the braindead masses, "Apple is my friend."

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Apple have surpassed the net worth of Microsoft because they provide people with things they think they need. I saw THREE news stories last night on the god damned iPad. If you want someone that does all those things, buy a fucking laptop, you douche.

Now, while I love my iPod Touch, and have a number of apps on it, I don't expect it to do the same thing as my phone does. I have a phone for doing the things a phone does and I have a laptop for the things a laptop does and things that the iPad doesn't do. And none of it costs nearly as much as one of those over-sized iPods.

God damn Apple hipsters.

Radelaide may or may just not have applied for a job at Apple. She got desperate

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Cryo84R said:
Gindil said:
Like what?
TV [http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364066,00.asp], support [http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=129083], and phones [http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_04/b4164028483414.htm]

Yes, I'm a Google fanboy, and I'm being biased. I just believe that this fight for #1 is just starting to heat up.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
If you look at world market share, Android isn't even close. It's nice, but Android is a US thing, spawned by AT&Ts exclusive deal with Apple. If iPhone had launched with more than one carrier, Android would not be any where near what it is today.

And here is my proof, from Googles own mouth.
http://metrics.admob.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/AdMob-Mobile-Metrics-Apr-10.pdf

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
The amount of Apple hate in this thread is unbelievable.

If people like to buy those overpriced products, then let them. People buy diamond rings too, and I'm sure my iMac can do more than a diamond.

Apple is not without it's flaws and Apple fanboys are annoying, I agree, but if they sucked so bad as 99% of the internet claims, they wouldn't sell as good as they do now. I don't consider myself dumb or a sheeple, I just prefer my iMac over a PC tower (and before I get flamed, I run Windows as well, k? k. ).

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
Well you can't blame Apple. They innovate alot, sure they have shitty policies but their marketing and production department are handling things very well.
When you say innovate I assume you mean re-use old ideas. Apple and their current success are proof that godlike marketing is all a company needs to be insanely successful, and on the whole it is good for the industry, hopefully we won't see a travesty like windows XP[footnote]Yes fanboys, grow the fuck up, it was a worse version of windows 2000. I don't care if you're iron age computer couldn't run windows Vista, windows XP was still a dog of a system that did nothing new.[/footnote] again for some time.

I honestly can't see apples success going on that longer, it's predicted that google android is going to overtake iphone OS as the most used phone OS within 2 years, and while the ipad may be selling well now, it's a fad and likely won't last. This means that apple will be back to relying on ipods and notebook computers (of which their latest generation is relatively poor) in markets that are getting more and more competitive. Even with their insanely good marketing, they are going to have to drastically drop prices, massively improve performance and quality of their products (especially wireless cards) or lose their dominance over the market.

Cryo84R said:
If you look at world market share, Android isn't even close. It's nice, but Android is a US thing, spawned by AT&Ts exclusive deal with Apple. If iPhone had launched with more than one carrier, Android would not be any where near what it is today.

And here is my proof, from Googles own mouth.
http://metrics.admob.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/AdMob-Mobile-Metrics-Apr-10.pdf
Just because it's the better system doesn't mean it would have any remote chance of knocking apple off it's top dog position if apples business decisions weren't conceited and downright stupid. In a few years, once andriod has properly integrated itself into the market (which it wouldn't do if the iphone wasn't so insanely limited in the networks and software allowed the operate on it) it could very well overtake it (and my understanding is, at it's current growth rate, it will)

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
FinalDream said:
Hubilub said:
I'm still waiting for the news article about Apple changing its name to Skynet.

Just you wait...
You do realise Skynet is the name of the UKs military communications satellite network?

From wiki

Skynet is a family of military satellites, now operated by Paradigm Secure Communications on behalf of the UK Ministry of Defence, which provide strategic communication services to the three branches of the British Armed Forces and to NATO forces engaged on coalition tasks.
hilariously, wikipedia doesnt even say "did you mean "skynet(terminator)?" on the page.

because, apparently they are one and the same.

thats hilariously scary.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
i dont like macintosh, i preffer microsoft even though both companies are f***tards

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Bruno Correia said:
cabooze said:
we did it! seriously though, apple knows how to sell stuff. That's all you need.
well, they basically remade every single technological item again , placed an apple on it and sold them and expensive prices
the improvements are not worth mentioning? Besides, if you manage to sell something old for a high price, it means that you are a very good salesman.