Aqua & Shap's Game of Life - [Closed - Started!]

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"Music is my study of choice, largely because I love it," Gabriel answered. "I play electric and acoustic guitar and my singing voice is pretty good. There's a lot of music in my repertoire, from Billy Joel to U2." That was more a statement of fact than a boast; Gabe wasn't one for showing off or generally flaunting his talents. That was best reserved for people who had the need to brag about their lives, and he wasn't one of those people.

"The two girls I'm sharing an apartment with are also studying music. We have different timetables, though, which is why I'm not in class right now," he explained as an afterthought.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
"Hey cool, following your dreams, good for you! If you ever play in a gig or are jamming or anything, give me a call, I'd love to listen, I'm a huge fan of the classics. Here gimmie your phone." taking the phone from Gabe, Tori quickly entered in her information into the device, "There now we can stay in contact. So would you like to walk around with me? I want to look around."

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Gabriel thought the two ideas - that of actually getting a band together and performing, and walking around the campus with Tori - over as he took his phone back and briefly read over the contact details Tori had entered. Simple stuff: first name, last name and mobile number.

As he thought over starting up a band, most likely with Susan and Claudette plus one or two others, he began to like the idea. It could be more than just a joking suggestion at the breakfast table, they just had to put their minds to it, decide on what kind of music they would play - cover songs at first, then perhaps they'd write their own songs - and score themselves a few places to perform. Gabe was liking the idea more and more, a small smile on his face. Then he tore his thoughts away from the future and returned to the present; Tori was waiting on an answer.

"Um, sure, why not. Perhaps you can give me the tour you got from that other guy I saw you with before," Gabe answered, pocketing his phone as he got up from the bench. "After you," he added, gesturing to the expanse of campus around the two of them.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
"Well to be honest, the tour I got wasn't much. All he really showed me was the main entrance and the lobby. That being said, I would assume that the lobby is the best place to start. So there we shall go!" Tori lead the way toward the main lobby, the walk was reasonably short and the pair made small talk along the way, by the time they had arrived the two knew a bit more about each other. Glancing at a map Tori noted some locations, "Well lets see... library, some more dorms, classrooms, coffee shop. How about you lead from here?"

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"All right, I guess," Gabe answered, studying the map a little more to fully grasp the size of the campus. It seemed to be pretty big and spaced out; the classrooms and lecture theatres were all over the place, as were the various dorms and bus stops and suchlike.

"We'll head for the library, I think. That building in particular will probably be useful in the future," he noted with a slight laugh as he led Tori out of the lobby and the two of them began walking. One topic she hadn't mentioned yet was bugging him a little, and he elected to ask about it even though it seemed a bit forward to him.

"So, um... tell me about your boyfriend. What's he like?" Gabe asked. "You haven't mentioned him that much. How long have you been together? I would ask more questions, but one or two at a time is enough."

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
"Uhm his name is Nathan, he's here on a sports scholarship. He's uh, quite the athlete and a pretty awesome guy considering how stressful his life is. We've been dating for a few months now but we've known each other practically all our lives." Tori paused, wondering if Gabe wanted to hear the entire, rather cheesy tale, "Its kind of cheesy but we just kind of realised one day that we were perfect for each other and we've been dating ever since. And on a related note, he hasn't texted me in a while."

Checking her phone once more, she returned the question,

"What about you? Are you seeing anyone at the moment?"

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Gabriel thought over the question for a little while as he walked alongside Tori. The direct answer would be a simple 'no', and it was on the tip of his tongue. But he couldn't help but think of whether the answer could be a 'yes' sometime in the future. His thoughts turned to Susan: the way she smiled and laughed; the light glinting off of her red hair, which contrasted beautifully with her green eyes; she was the same age as Gabe, and he was damned if she wasn't attractive... Then the truth finally dawned in his mind.

"Uhm, no, not right now, but... I, uh... I think I might have a - a crush on one of my roommates," he stammered, blushing heavily. Once that was out in the open, he fell silent, not sure how he should be feeling. They'd only known each other for about twenty-four hours, it was nowhere near the right time to even think about Susan that way, let alone anyone else he knew.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
"Wow already? You sure don't take your time Gabe!" there was a rather awkward pause as they arrived at the library door, Gabe opened the door and gestured for Tori to go in, nodding in thanks she entered the large section of the campus. It was a rather impressive library, but nothing more than you would expect. Books, lots of books.

"Well go on! Tell me about her!" Tori urged in a hushed tone, genuinely curious about this girl who had already caught Gabe's eye

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"All right, all right!" Gabe answered quietly, embarrassed. Looking up and down the nearest aisles of bookshelves to ensure no-one was eavesdropping, he began to describe Susan as best he could. "Her name's Susan, she's my age, around... your height, I guess, but she kinda stands out in a crowd due to her hair. It's kind of a... a vibrant red, I guess you could say, waist-length. That's how to recognise her. Um... Susan's really nice, cheerful, excellent singing voice. I think we hit it off pretty well yesterday; we were at the party together last night. Um, just as friends; I'm sure you know how it is," he added hastily, not wanting to give Tori the wrong impression.

"I don't really know how I, uh... developed the crush so quickly, but she's a nice girl, attractive, and, um... kinda like my last girlfriend before she moved to England, now that I think about it. Except Susan is English rather than Chinese." He gave Tori a half-smile as if he had cracked a joke.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Lance was bored, bored, bored, bored, bored. He'd spent the last, he didn't know how many days, waiting for his classes to start, but after constant delays, the thrill of being in a new place with new people had worn off.

Not that there were really any other people around to interact with either, because since classes had started, everyone had been to busy to hang out in the dorms with Lance and so Lance was left to his own devices, which never really lead to the best of situations.

With a little bag of relaxation he'd purchased from a guy off campus, Lance was headed back to his dorm, where he could put a wet towel down by the crack of his door, open the windows and bake away. Not one of the most constructive solutions to boredom, but certainly one of the best.

Before he headed into the building however, Lance stopped and decided to have a quick smoke outside, before he blazed the day away, perhaps he'd see someone he knew and they'd like to join him? If not, he'd like the company and the beauty of Green was that whenever you didn't smoke it, an even better opportunity to get high always presented itself.

He'd just have to wait and see.

There we go, I've bitten the bullet! Anyone is free to come and say hi to Lance, dont be put off by the smoking or the bored look on his face :D

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
-Once the class was over-

Susan stood up from her table in the classroom. "Hmm. I have a break now and then another class. What about you?" she asked Claudette as they walked out of the classroom. Many people were walking among the hallways, finding their next class or going somewhere because they had a break like Susan.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Now nobodies going to see my post XD. At least we're pumping some life into the RP, but remember guys, LANCE IS WAITING :p

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Smiling a broad smile at Gabe she nudged his shoulder as if to say 'atta' boy'. Turning to the bookshelf she casually pretended to look at books,

"Sure sounds like this girl has got your attention Gabe. Make sure you keep me updated and don't leave out any details!" quickly checking her phone, Tori slightly frowned and mumbled to herself, "Still no text."

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Claudette followed Susan out of the classroom. Thankfully the class had gone by relatively fast. The majority of the time was spent with the students introducing themselves to one another and the professor explaining the course in more detail and introducing himself as well.

"Same here. My next class doesn't start for another forty-five minutes. What would you like to do until then?"

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
"I'm not sure. We don't have anything to study since we were just getting to know the others, so why don't we see if we can find Gabriel and see if he's busy." Susan walked along the hallways of the school, with watchful eyes, looking for Gabriel. The school seemed to be lively, with some couples apparently already forming, or maybe they were couples that entered the school together? She didn't know, or really care all that much, though she was happy to see two people be intimate with each other. Some people looked a little weird, with their hair looking like they just got out of bed, which was true in some cases. Others looked like they woke up an hour earlier to make sure they looked their absolute best. Susan hadn't had time for a shower, but she would take one once school was over that day.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
"Um... all right, I guess. Just don't put it on the internet or anything," Gabriel answered, a little uncertain of whether or not to tell Tori about absolutely everything that could happen. "I like to keep my personal life personal, as you can imagine. Anyways... I figure we've seen enough of the library. One shelf is similar to any other if you aren't looking for anything in particular. Shall we move on?"

Tori nodded in answer, so the two of them walked out of the library and back into the sunshine. There were a lot more people around now: evidently a specific time period had just finished and students were heading for new destinations. Gabe briefly wondered if Susan and Claudette were walking around with the others, but turned his attention back to Tori. "So, where to now?" he asked, inviting her to take the lead once more.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
"Sure, that would be nice. Maybe we could all get lunch together or something." Claudette continued to walk beside Susan, happy that she had gotten through her first college class. She silently hoped that they would all be that easy.

The pair were a few feet away from the library when Claudette spotted Gabriel chatting with another girl. "Looks like we found him, Susan."

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Josh was bored; he needed something to do or he'd go insane. He unlocked his phone and brought up Tori's name on the screen. He looked at the temperature; it was getting warmer, too warm for jeans for sure. He pulled on a pair of shorts instead and put his shades on. Once he had changed he picked up his phone once again and typed a quick message,
Code:
Where are you at? I'm bored as fuck and need someone to chill with.
He locked his phone again and awaited the response from the girl.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
"I'm not too sure, its so nice out here it feels like a waste to spend the whole day wandering around inside. Hey... looks like those girls are looking over here... Oh! Oh oh! Is that Susan? Oohh Gabe she's cute!" poking Gabe, Tori couldn't help but to giggle, "Is she gonna come over here?"

Suddenly her phone rumbled, excited that it was from Nathan she quickly whipped it out but was slightly disappointed to see it was Josh. Texting him back to tell him she was outside the library, she put her phone away.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Gabriel looked round when Tori poked him in the side, and quickly saw who she was looking at. Sure enough, Susan and Claudette were a short distance away; a small group of other students had placed themselves between the two pairs. "Yeah, that's Susan on the left. The other girl is Claudette, our fellow music student and the third occupant of our apartment," he answered Tori. "And in answer to your last question... maybe we should go over there instead of vice versa. That's the way I normally do things, but if you want to wait for them to come here, that's fine."