Aqua & Shap's Game of Life - [Closed - Started!]

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Lambi said:
...Oh God, I have the only female so far. XD
Haha, don't worry. To anyone who hasn't submitted a sheet- submitting female characters right now will get you good brownie points!

I'd make a female, but I'm reusing my character from the last GoL- as is Shaps, whose is also female.

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Aqualung said:
Lambi said:
Haha, don't worry. To anyone who hasn't submitted a sheet- submitting female characters right now will get you good brownie points!

I'd make a female, but I'm reusing my character from the last GoL- as is Shaps, whose is also female.
I'm going to be making a female.

Jun 26, 2009
Aqualung said:
Lambi said:

If you want I could make my character female, I don't mind too much.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Aqualung said:
Lambi said:

So, I have good brownie points right now? :D

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon said:
If you want I could make my character female, I don't mind too much.
It's okay; we don't need a perfect ratio of guys:girls, but just a few more would balance it nicely. Don't worry about it. :)

ThePoodonkis said:
May I join?
You can apply, for sure! Just drop your character sheet in this thread and you'll find out sometime this week if you're in or not.

Lambi said:
So, I have good brownie points right now? :D
Delicious, warm, moist, gooey brownie points. :p

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Name: Claudette Bellerose

Orientation: Heterosexual

Ethnicity & Appearance: A young Caucasian girl, standing at around 5'6 and weighing about one-hundred and twenty lbs. Claudette has fair skin, with a few freckles on her cheeks and nose. She has brown hair with natural, light brown highlights and honey colored eyes.

Most of the time she dresses casually, wearing tight black jeans, a tank top, and a track jacket or a zip up, along with her favorite pair of black chucks.

Personality: Claudette is an easy going girl, but she prefers to stay in her room, alone, and play the piano all day. She's kind, finding it easy to relate to people and comfort them, though she isn't one to openly discuss her own feelings.

Background: Claudette was born in Bayonne, France on October 5th. Her mother was an American tourist and her father a local mechanic.

She went to school and did well, particularly in music class. Her mother noticed her fondness of music and made her take piano lessons. At first she was skeptical about taking piano lessons, but after a few lessons Claudette quickly fell in love with learning new pieces of music, even writing a few of her own.

Her family lived a comfortable life, living in a two bedroom home with a reasonably sized backyard.

One day, her parents decided to move to America and Claudette's world was turned upside down. Her mother wanted to go back to where she grew up and her father thought that they needed a fresh start. They moved to a small sub-division in New York and quickly enrolled Claudette in school. She did well in the new school, making new friends easily. Thankfully her mother had taught her English when she was young, so she had no problem communicating with the children and teachers. But still, living in a completely new country felt strange. She dearly missed her hometown.

Her father had quickly gotten a new mechanic job at the local garage and her mother worked as a secretary at a business firm. Meanwhile Claudette continued to practice her piano, getting better and better each day.

Claudette graduated from high school and was lucky enough to get a music scholarship at the university she had applied to during her junior year in school. She was thrilled, so were her parents.

College Program: Music

Relationships: Claudette is an only child, though she always wanted a brother or sister. Still, she was never alone. Her parents were doting and she had lots of friends, some closer than others. She's had a few boyfriends but nothing ever got too serious.

Claudette shares an apartment with Susan Garth and Gabriel Jethro Nayl. Though she doesn't know much about either of them, she's eager to learn more and become friends.

Side-notes: While Claudette is an exceptional piano player, she is also a talented singer. Her dream is to one day become a recording artist.

She is also a big fan of musicals.

It's a little plain.. I'll probably make a few tweaks to it later on.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
As soon as I saw this thread, I hit myself for not being in its previous incarnations; this type of RP, the intelligent, subtle, human stuff is what draws me in, and what I love most about it.

Name: Mark Howard

Ethnicity & Appearance: Mark is an extremely pale, and a rather unattractive Caucasian. He should stand at 6?2?; however, his crooked back makes his actual height 5?11. He has short brown hair and grey eyes. His skin is heavily potmarked, from scars he gained from the acne of his teen years. His skin is especially chapped above his nasal bridge, the result of years of regular shaving to the centre of his monobrow, in an attempt to get rid of it. He doesn?t have facial hair, him finding it irritating. He is of slightly above-average fitness. He?s in no way strong, but his endurance and athletic ability is second to none.

Mark usually wears very little of note, preferring a short-sleeved white business shirt and plain black trousers. He?s never been one to be elaborate.

10 points to the first person who knows who the subject is

Personality: Mark is an egomaniacal and slightly misanthropic individual, albeit one of great intelligence. He has a low opinion of almost anyone who he believes to be his lesser (the qualities of those who are lesser he remains tight-lipped about), who he?ll proceed to antagonize, chastise, and offend. Even when he attempts to be good natured, which he tries more times than many would think, he usually comes off as being offensive. He possesses a strong superiority complex, and a set of warped logic, that in his mind, asserts his brilliance. He despises crowds and congregations of any sort, having a mild case of Agoraphobia. Despite his appearance, he has remarkably low self-esteem, and usually is surprised when someone retaliates or insults him, and probably deeply offended.

Background: The only child of a Scottish radio host and a stockbroker in The City, Mark Howard was not impoverished as a child, nor was he particularly rich; but he never really cared for luxuries- mainly due to his parent?s insistence on a life of austerity and pragmatism. He always preferred studies and his own company to that of other people?s.

During his schooling, he was always the joke. His awkwardness, combined with his unattractiveness, left many of his peers with a negative light of him- he was on the end of bullying for the entirety of his school life. Never having a particularly close relationship with his family, he never discussed his issues. He became a bitter recluse. His personality manifested over the years, and the misanthropic, unpleasant tendencies took full form by the time he hit fifteen.

Over the years, he laboured hard on his studies, and was awarded high grades after finishing both High School and Sixth-Form, all of his teachers noting his dedication and steadfastness in his work. Mark decided he wanted to enter Politics, his want for influence over others dominating this dream. After finishing Sixth-Form, Howard spent a gap year travelling the United States, where he decided he wanted to study. After vigourous examination of available institutions, he enrolled in Harbour College.

College Program: PPE (Philosophy, Politics, and Economics)

Relationships: He maintains contact with his father, but only to keep him informed on his performance.

Venom 3135

The Lemon Merchant
Nov 22, 2009
Name: Samantha Freeman

Orientation: Bisexual

Ethnicity & Appearance: Samantha is a british girl with particualrly pale skin. Despite this, her eyes are very dark. The same goes for her long, straight, black hair. She stands at about 6ft. She has a slim body due to the fact that she tries to eat as little as possible.

She wears a long sleeved green T-shirt along with a pair of dark blue jeans. Wrapped tightly around her wrist is a sliver band with a small ruby. She also normally has earphones on her to block out the sounds of others when angry or upset.

Personality: Samantha is normaly a jolly person, but can also be very irritable. She is a relativly private person to begin with, but after a short while will open up. She normally has a smile on her face, but when angry she can over react.

Background: Samantha was born into a erlativly rich family. She wasn't completely rich, but had an above average amount of money. She had most of what she wanted as a child, but felt that sometimes she had too much. She tried to ask for as little as possible as she got older. Her father used to write books and short stories and she found it very interesting. Eventually he got a book of his published and it was extremelly succesful. So they gained even more money. Her parents had always wanted to live in the states and so used the money to move. Sam had lots of friends back home and didn't aprove of the move, but she didn't have a choice. She spent the first couple of years after the move social outcast. Then a girl she had met but hadn't spoken to until this point came along and tried to comunicate with her. Sam found that she liked this girl a lot and opened up to her very quickly. Sam soon found out that the girl wanted to be more than friends with her and Sam instantly retreated once more. She rejected the girl and ever since has wondered if she had done the right thing. After that incident, she focused her life on the intelectual side of things. She finally started paying attention to things and found out that she had a talent for Design and Technology along with a great skill with computers. She focused mainly on the two subjects. Her second best subjects were equally English and Drama. Her life was going smoothly when she was framed for a robbery. She was questioned by the police and soon found inocent. She also discovered that the same person who had framed her was the very same girl who had once aparently 'loved' her. Sam did nothing about it except for talk about it. She didn't feel she needed to get revenge. She had caused the girl pain after all. After that event her life ran smoothly with no interuptions. She started making a lot more friends and began to open up.

College Program:
D&T (Design and technology)
I.T (Basically working with computers. Info tech.)
English
Drama

Relationships: None.

If you notice any areas of improvement tell me. I'm not sure if i'm fully happy with this character, but it'll do for now.

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
Name: Michael Walker

Ethnicity & Appearance: Michael is Caucasian, 5?9?? tall and has blonde hair and blue eyes. His hair is side swept from the left and reaches down to the end of his nose when hanging straight down. He isn?t noticeably fat, nor to thin, sitting comfortably in between the two. Nor is he particularly muscular as, while he engages in moderate exercise, has never tried to build up muscle.

He normally dresses in jeans, and either a t-shirt or a causal shirt, usually with the sleeves rolled up. Over that, he sometimes wears a plain grey blazer. On his feet, he either wears a pair of grey skateboarding shoes or a pair of low-top red converse.

Personality: Michael could be described as introverted, but it is probably more accurate to say he is passive in his interactions with others. He isn?t good at forming and maintaining relationships with people, being plagued with self doubt and a lack of self confidence, although this is something he hides from others. He also tends to keep his emotions to himself.

However, when amongst friends or other people he is comfortable around, he is relaxed and easy going, happy to enjoy himself and have a good time.

He is also a chronic underperformer, in that he has often relied on his intelligence alone to coast through his education, resulting in him doing worse than he should in exams. When he does commit, though, he is very capable of passing with flying colours.

Background: Growing up in southern England, Michael had a relatively unremarkable childhood. He is the son of a high school teacher and a local government official, and went to the local state schools for his education. He regularly performed at the top of his class, although this began to slip as he got older, as his work ethic was, self admittedly, very poor.

He struggled with friendships for much of his early life, a combination of his own lack of self confidence and being perfectly comfortable by himself anyway. However, by time he was taking his A-levels, he had a close group of friends that, in all honesty, he couldn?t remember how he?d met them, but he was at his happiest when spending time with them.

During his final year of school, he decided he wanted to go to university in America, having never spent an appreciable amount of time abroad before, and wanting a new experience. He worked as hard as he could to pass his exams, and was accepted to Harbour College.

College Program: History and Politics

Relationships: Back at home he has his parents and a younger sister, who he speaks to at least once a week on the phone. He also has a few friends, although he rarely gets in contact with them now he is away from home. Being new to the area, he has yet to make any friends.
Thought I might as well give it a go.

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
And here it be.
Might be subject to change as things transpire.

Name: Kiska Marie Sokolov

Ethnicity & Appearance: Kiska is Russian Caucasian standing at 5'8" and weighing 120 lbs. She has no striking facial features, except for her glacier-blue eyes. She keeps her dirty-blonde hair in a ponytail that reaches to the bottom of her shoulder blades. She's not particularly athletic or muscular, but she can work when it needs to be done.
Her preferred attire is jeans, sneakers, and a T-Shirt bearing the name of one of her favourite bands. On top of all of that is usually a wool olive drab coloured trench coat that's obviously a few sizes too large for her.

Personality: Kiska is not one to strike up a conversation, but she's always happy to talk with people in hopes of making a new friend.
She's kind to everyone she meets, first impressions mean a great deal to her. But if you get on her bad side, she will remember.
Kiska takes pride in her work ethic, but that doesn't mean that she'll pass up the opportunity to have fun with others. She doesn't drink, but she's fine with being around those who do. The drunken party goers tend to do things that amuse her.
She'll usually be found wherever coffee is nearby with her ears surrounded by headphones and her eyes buried into a book.

Background: She's the daughter of American Lydia McVay and Russian Zhorah Sokolov. They met and married while Lydia was studying abroad during college, they had Kiska a few years later.
Her parents being of different nationalities, Kiska learned both English and Russian and knows both fluently. She always preferred English, though. She always thought there was a lot less formality to it, more relaxed in conversation.
Zhorah was a helicopter pilot for the Russian army, and was absent through much of Kiska's life. That didn't bother her too much, though, because her mother was very kind with her. That is, until Zhorah died when his aircraft crashed due to mechanical failure when Kiska was 13. Her mother still tried to be supportive, but it was obvious that the sudden loss of her husband took a great toll. Kiska was more troubled at her mother's pain than the loss of a man she hardly knew.

About a year after Zhorah's death, Kiska and her mother moved back to the US so Kiska could have more opportunities for her education. She found a box with an old green trench coat that she assumed to be her father's. She liked it, and wore it everywhere she went. It gave her something to remember her father by. It wasn't much, but at least it was something.
The next few years were fairly standard. Grew up, had friends, learned things, and had fun.
After graduating, she moved out of her mother's house and got an apartment near Harbour College. She doesn't know many people, but hopes to make friends soon enough.

College Program: Art

Relationships: Kiska is close with her mother, but not with many others. She's never been in a relationship, or had a "crush" on someone. So far, she doesn't have any friends at Harbor College.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
I'm going out in about 20 minutes, but I'm totally keen. I haven't done a RP since the first 40k lynching game (most of you kids would be to young to remember =P) but I'm keen to get back on the saddle.

Bookmarked this shit and I'll whip up a character when I get home =)

Jun 26, 2009
CounterAttack said:
Why have you blocked me? I sent you a PM saying that I decided not to hold a grudge, that we should forget past experiences like your list and Start a new sheet so to speak. But my sent messeges say that you haven't recieved it.
I know no other way to contact you.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
Not sure how you feel about sports regarding the school but if you find anything you don't like I'd be happy to change it.

Name: Devon Davis

Ethnicity & Appearance:

Devon is an African-American male standing at around 6'6". He ways around 210lbs though majority of that weight is mostly muscle. Devon's skin color could be described as a mix between a dark chocolate and a deep russet brown. Devon sports a black short fade haircut with defined waves that will make you seasick. He naturally has light brown eyes though he occasionally wears gray contacts which leaves light steaks in his iris.

As term as body types go Devon's body is heavily athletic. Though the weird thing about his body is that his arms are longer than most peoples and hangs only a couple of inches above his knees.

As far as clothes go Devon doesn't have a set style though he prefers to avoid anything casual. Most of the time Devon would feel way more comfortable in a nice suit or simply a sport coat and khakis instead of a t-shirt and jeans.

Personality: Devon is a simple pleasure seeker. Anything that he sees as fun he will attempt at least once. Of course if he was to list these things there were be multiple actions that he isn't to proud of.

Devon also has developed trust issue thanks to years of abuse from his father.

Background: Devon was born to a lower middle class family in Newark NJ. He was the oldest of his 3 brothers and one sister. He lived with his mother and also his father, which was rare compared to most of his friends who were brought up only by their mother. Though a year after Devon's little sister was born the Davis family moved to the quiet little Borough of Roselle NJ. It was here where Devon first gained his love for football.

Life seemed good for the Davis' though around the time Devon was 8 years old his mother became addicted to cocaine. Eventually she passed away due to an overdose leaving Devon's father with 5 kids to raise alone. Devon was a momma's boy and the lost of his mother was hard on him. In turn Devon used football as an outlet to escape from the world around him which seemed to be falling apart.

As time moved on life seemed to become more and more difficult in Devon's eyes. His father continued to abuse alcohol and his own kids. By this time Devon was just entering high school and the workload totally crushed him. The only thing that Devon thought was going good for him was his skills as a quarterback. As a freshman, he impressed many with his athletic ability, throwing for over 400 yards in a game that year. From that point on Devon pushed himself both physically and mentally to achieve his dream of making it into the NFL.

Though in his senior year Devon faced another difficult lost. His youngest brother, Tyler was run down in a hit and run accident. At a time Devon contemplated suicide various times though he soon knew another lost wouldn't make his family any better than they were now.

As a senior, Devon passed for 1,668 yards, accounting for ten passing and ten rushing touchdowns. He was soon approached by a Harbour College recruiter who offered him a full scholarship.

College Program: Psychology

Relationships: Devon still keeps in contact with his brothers and sisters back home though he prefers to avoid any type of contact with his father. Other then a few friends that he still keeps in contact with he only has one other strong relationship. Daniel Richardson is one of Devon's teammates, a starting WR for Harbour College, from his high school career who he viewed as another brother.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Important Update!

As of the timing of this post, there are currently 9 male applicants and 4 female applicants. Because there is also such a high quality of male character sheets and RPers, your chances of being accepted are strongly reduced. If you very much would like to be accepted into this RP, it is highly recommended that you submit a female instead.

What's wrong with chicks, yo? 8]

@Souldemon8: No, sports is totally fine. In fact, my character (if I don't have to delete him and make a female instead) was going to go on a sports scholarship as well.

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Aqualung said:
Important Update!

As of the timing of this post, there are currently 9 male applicants and 4 female applicants. Because there is also such a high quality of male character sheets and RPers, your chances of being accepted are strongly reduced. If you very much would like to be accepted into this RP, it is highly recommended that you submit a female instead.

@Souldemon8: No, sports is totally fine. In fact, my character (if I don't have to delete him and make a female instead) was going to go on a sports scholarship as well.
Oh noes! Well I'm going to stand fast anyway, even though it would be a minor cosmetic change, it would be slightly harder to play the character like myself if said character was a woman XD

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Aqualung said:
Important Update!

Blast it.

I've got nothing against the ladies, but you have to that thehe vast majority of RPers are men, and a vast majority of RPers like to play as their own gender.

I'd happily switch to Oestrogen mode, but I really can't make a female version of Mark, nor can I think of another character I'd make.

Still, to even things out you only need 2 converts, you shouldn't have much trouble.