Arcade-y Alternative to World of Tanks

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Hey guys,

My Partner wants to play Recoil (1999 - PC) but can't seem to get it working so I'm looking for alternatives. I suggested world of tanks but she said it's not the same. As far as I can tell the main difference is that Recoil is very arcadey and is single player.

It controls somewhat similar to the Mako in ME1.

Anyway, suggestions?

Cheers in advance.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Keep an eye out for War Thunder in the coming months. The Open Beta for Tanks and Ground Forces is on right now, with a full release coming soon. It has Arcade modes, and realistic modes if you're into that sort of thing.

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
Soviet Heavy said:
Keep an eye out for War Thunder in the coming months. The Open Beta for Tanks and Ground Forces is on right now, with a full release coming soon. It has Arcade modes, and realistic modes if you're into that sort of thing.
But dont they pride themself that even their arcade mode is more realistic than WoT? or at least that is my take away from the spam on WoT related sites

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
Kyrdra said:
Soviet Heavy said:
But dont they pride themself that even their arcade mode is more realistic than WoT? or at least that is my take away from the spam on WoT related sites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8I5wzLgiDU&list=UUpnjlvS2zxhbNJuGNo_TxkQ&feature=c4-overview

here's a review of it on the test server. At present it appears to be hiding and shooting forces and waiting for the dive bombers to finish off the enemy team.

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
There's really not a lot of arcade-style tank games out there. The Infogrames COMBAT remake of 2001 is the only thing that comes to mind.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Panzer Elite Action, never played and it does seem similar to WOT but with singleplayer so meh.

Incoming does have tanks but it also has levels with spaceships and turrets (and its from 1998)