Archer Review - Pam's Big Episode Isn't About Pam

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Archer Review - Pam's Big Episode Isn't About Pam

"Edie's Wedding" shows that Archer is still the king of self-referential humor, but sometimes needs to scale it back for something new.

Read Full Article

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I wish this episode was more about Pam, but it was great anyway. The Lana bits were boring, but, as mentioned, are building towards future relationship conflicts. The fact that Archer sort of planned ahead for his showdown with Barry was a nice touch. The Katya and Boris scene was unexpected. I can't wait to see more of them.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I really love Archer but I have to say, for me, Barry got old a while back. I would be happy if we never encontered Barry again.

Other than that I liked the episode.

jabrwock

Sep 5, 2007
You know, sometimes I actually try to like Cyril because he's an interesting character that gets crapped on all the time. But it's really hard when he gets so openly scummy.
I thought that was the whole dynamic between Cyril and Archer. Archer is the sexist/racist ass who's actual goodness shines through the cracks. Cyril is the "nice guy" who does the right thing, but for the wrong reasons. This is why Lana dated him, but then left him. And why Lana took Archer's DNA for AJ, not Cyril's.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
jabrwock said:
You know, sometimes I actually try to like Cyril because he's an interesting character that gets crapped on all the time. But it's really hard when he gets so openly scummy.
I thought that was the whole dynamic between Cyril and Archer. Archer is the sexist/racist ass who's actual goodness shines through the cracks. Cyril is the "nice guy" who does the right thing, but for the wrong reasons. This is why Lana dated him, but then left him. And why Lana took Archer's DNA for AJ, not Cyril's.
Yeah, but he still takes A LOT of abuse, even when he isn't acting like a shitheel for the audience. And perhaps I'm remembering it wrong, but part of that abuse was what led to him becoming an awful person to begin with (like locking up Archer when he became a dictator, or the whole virus thing in "Tragical History")

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
They basically spelled out "we're going to revisit all the old stuff" in giant flaming letters three stories high when they renovated the not-ISIS offices to look exactly like the ISIS offices, down to the finest detail. I'm surprised the guy who always gets shot doesn't have an identical twin (or clone).

TripleDaddy

Mar 17, 2010
One of the best moments for me was when Barry revealed mid-fight that Katya left him for literally the dumbest man in Russia (Boris) and without hesitation, Archer starts laughing hysterically.

That and Lana telling Kreeger to "use your powers for good," to which Kreeger politely laughs, which turns to maniacal laughter and a menacing "No," after she leaves.

Tojumaru

Oct 17, 2014
Barry is starting to get on my nerves. He is not that interesting of an antagonist and I really wish they would just kill him off. He is no Conway Stern, that's for sure.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The episode was alright and I guess the minor backstories for PAm was alright I guess. I mean since after season 1, they had competely freshen out the cast alot.

Also is Kreeger suffering some kind of a memory lost or something cos he doesn't remember the baby.