Archer Wasn't Kidding About Going Back To Square One

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011

This episode is so self-referential that it's practically a rerun, but it's a great way to show how all of the characters have changed throughout the series.

Read Full Article

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I loved the bits Archer said about Conway's robot hand. Calling him a Deception, saying he's been turned by Skynet, and in the fight:
Archer: "I had something for that."
Stern: "Was it 'Puke Skywalker'?"
Archer: "Dammit!"
And what did Mallory hope to accomplish by choking Cheryl? I remember her getting off from that!

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Dear god did I laugh at this episode. If the first two episodes of this season are anything to go by this season will be one of the better ones, if not the best.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
And what did Mallory hope to accomplish by choking Cheryl? I remember her getting off from that!
It seemed like there was a split second in there where Cheryl realized what was happening and started smiling....

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Fanghawk said:

This episode is so self-referential that it's practically a rerun, but it's a great way to show how all of the characters have changed throughout the series.

Read Full Article
Marshall, I don't know if it's you or somebody else that made the frontpage image linking to this review, but dammit, it's not nice to spoil major events like that. Not all of us can watch the episode as soon as it airs and seeing Conway in that image really ruined the surprise.

As for the episode? Yeah, it was really funny. But then again, most episodes of Archer is.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah I need a recap as I had competely forgotten that episode with that guy in it and the abridge lost his hand and stab Archer in the back does not cover it!

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Fanghawk said:
This episode is so self-referential
I can't think of a single episode after season 1 that wasn't chock full of self referential material, and I have watched every season at least 3 times.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
RanD00M said:
Fanghawk said:
This episode is so self-referential
I can't think of a single episode after season 1 that wasn't chock full of self referential material, and I have watched every season at least 3 times.
I like it because it shows we're dealing with an actual "plot" even through we return to the de-facto situation next episode. There are little nudges every time to the characters and to stop things becoming routine and stale.

Archer is one of my favorite series, it's up there with Vikings, Game of Thrones and Hell on Wheels.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I was absolutely stunned when I saw this review pop up on Friday. I totally forgot to watch it. That must be watch a parent feels like after forgetting their child's birthday. First time in probably four years I've missed one of these.

Anyways, I found it online somewheres and have to heavily agree with Mr. Lemon. It was very self-referential and retreaded old situations, but mixed them up just enough and showed some minute character growth to make it feel new and entertaining. Great episode.

I've also just remembered that I need to buy season 5.