Are TF2 Mann Co supply store prices for real?

Nanissimov

Feb 17, 2009
Do they really charge 2.99 for a key and 30 dollars for a package of weapons?? Or is it like a joke? Each item is like 5 cents?

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Oh they're real.

The sale numbers for them are real too. Lots of people buy virtual hats, apparently.

sparky6453

Apr 16, 2009
Most people don't use the actual store, as the items bought are untradable. It's easy enough to get/craft most of the weapons. The only buyable items that can be traded are the keys, and for 2.50 they're not that bad.

I personally don't buy anything off the store because I don't see the point.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
the reason more people dont care is that if your lucky you can get all that stuff in game by just playing the game... ok not all of it but most of it

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
You can't scrap supply crates, Valve HAS hinted that you'll be able to do something besides deleting them or opening them with keys in the future, but they haven't elaborated on what yet.

I say delete for now, especially if you've got twenty of the buggers like me.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Nanissimov said:
So what should i do with my Mc supply crate? Scrap it?

You can't scrap them, just collect a horde of them like everyone else.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Nanissimov said:
So what should i do with my Mc supply crate? Scrap it?
I just wait until I get eight of them and trade them for an extra weapon. It's pretty much the only time I bother with trading. Not very many people collect crates, but those that do tend to pounce on an offer like that.

As Pedro mentioned, Valve is looking into alternate means of using them (probably in the form of crafting), but I think it's pretty low on their list of priorities.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
I made a few hundred dollars purely in buying and trading black market keys (Black market rate is about $1.8-1.9 at time of writing).<Note that I wasn't breaking any laws, just reselling keys that were being used to trade for items.

This shit is serious,

It's as perplexing as these in WoW:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=60838

Doesn't matter if the returns on average are horrible, a lot of people are wired into doing it.

Though I'm sure if you want a specific one I can get you it for cheaper ;)

I have a load of hats, but I don't really play anymore.

Feb 13, 2008
Nanissimov said:
Do they really charge 2.99 for a key and 30 dollars for a package of weapons?? Or is it like a joke? Each item is like 5 cents?
If you really need a particular weapon, I'm sure someone in the group [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC] will have one.

Only thing I've ever bought was presents or the Tsunami hat. And I've got almost every major hat and most weapons.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
if this were any other company, they would be skewered. but it's valve, so people eat that shit up.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Oh look it's this thread again. Yeah they do really cost that much. But of course you already knew that. There's no way you could actually believe that was all just a joke so I'm not sure why you made this thread other than jump onto the already massively overloaded bandwagon entitled "Mann co is a rip off". Yeah the prices are pretty damn high but you know what? You don't need anything from the store anyways so complaining about it is pretty silly.
DazZ. said:
-terrible comic-
I get the feeling the nerf now! artist has a vague concept of humor. He may have even seen a few funny things and tried to imitate them. Shame he always fails miserably.

YuheJi said:
There are people that are willing to trade for it.
Very few though and it might not even be worth the hassle. Just scrap the damn thing. For the record, crate drops are separate from your actual item drops so getting them has no bearing of whether or not you'll get other items.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
it sounds a lot like what Combat Arms does (Nexon, makers of Maple Story).

I don't know which came first, (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Nexon just copied TF2; they like to copy game stuff)

I find it ridiculous the amount of people who pay real money for small in-game non-essential perks. Like hats.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
It really is a shrewd business plan.

If people really want to get their items quickly, they can shell out cash for instant access. Everyone else will do what they normally do, wait for random unlocks.

Thus, Valve makes a ton of money off of this 20 or so dollar game.