Are they ever goingto fix bioshock infinite BAS 2 dlc!!!!!!!!

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Seriously I shouldnt have to go through ini files or whatever and I want to play it! I dont want to have to go through a damned lets play to finish the story XXX(((((

ugh has anyone heard anything? are they close to getting a patch out?

edit:

ok apparently I wasnt clear. Im pissed that the dlc for episode 2 doesnt work. Im not looking for an ending patch.(The endings ok. just ok but ok) ro anything of the sort. sorry that wasnt clear.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Uh..........you'd probably want to be a tad more specific here.

I played it on my 360 and I had zero problems with it.

As to the question, it would be incredibly surprising if it was fixed considering Irrational Studios does not exist anymore. I suppose they could get a different group to patch it up but that seems pretty unlikely.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
pc version mate.:/ It sucks I looked up the ending to it today and found myself dissapointed and then I uninstalled the game.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
you still haven't really said why its broken... is it a common problem? why does the ini. file have to be changed? how does it stop you playing the game?

OT: not played it yet, waiting for the DLC to go on sale, but i'm hoping the problem you speak of doesn't exist when i play it...

Bluestorm83

Jun 20, 2011
rbstewart7263 said:
pc version mate.:/ It sucks I looked up the ending to it today and found myself dissapointed and then I uninstalled the game.
Yep. Here I thought I'd bought a videogame, and in the end it turned out that I was just playing an First Person Snuff Film.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Played the PC version here, zero problems. You'd need to be a bit more specific on error messages etc.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
rbstewart7263 said:
Seriously I shouldnt have to go through ini files or whatever and I want to play it! I dont want to have to go through a damned lets play to finish the story XXX(((((

maybe this site will help if your still interested in playing the game
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock_Infinite

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
this isn't about a technical issue, right? this is you bitching about some part of the story you didn't like.
because ever since ME3 people feel like that it's acceptable to demand devs change story bits they don't like.

if you honestly have a technical problem google is probably a better solution than this forum

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
teebeeohh said:
this isn't about a technical issue, right? this is you bitching about some part of the story you didn't like.
because ever since ME3 people feel like that it's acceptable to demand devs change story bits they don't like.

if you honestly have a technical problem google is probably a better solution than this forum
ini. files have nothing to do with the story so I assume we are talking about and actual glitch but the OP still hasn't specified what.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
rbstewart7263 said:

Is this assuming everyone here is a pc exclusive gamer? Are you playing it on PC?

This is one of the advantages of console gaming, 99% of what you buy works because its optimized for the console rather than the war zone that is PC specs and programming. No one on console has had an issue.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
verdant monkai said:
rbstewart7263 said:

Is this assuming everyone here is a pc exclusive gamer?
In all fairness, I'm a PC gamer and I've got no clue what OP is talking about. I have also not played that DLC, either.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
verdant monkai said:
rbstewart7263 said:

Is this assuming everyone here is a pc exclusive gamer? Are you playing it on PC?

This is one of the advantages of console gaming, 99% of what you buy works because its optimized for the console rather than the war zone that is PC specs and programming. No one on console has had an issue.
Eh...ish. Some games do have technical issues, but since most of them are made specifically for console, they're not as predominant as they used to be. And to be fair, (And I've said this countless times, and gotten a disgusting amount of flak for it for some reason), the only real advantages consoles have over PC is A: You put the disc in and you play. No install time/download time, no making accounts for Origin/Steam/UPlay/etc). In and go. 2: You know it will work. You don't need to worry about settings, or whether your CPU can handle it, or if you have enough RAM, etc. 2 goes hand-in-hand with A. You put the game in, and you know it will work (unless the developers are pants).

Apr 5, 2008
Reaper195 said:
the only real advantages consoles have over PC is A: You put the disc in and you play. No install time/download time, no making accounts for Origin/Steam/UPlay/etc). In and go.
That is no longer true on the latest console generation. All the games need installing now, as did many on the 360 last generation (which came on two discs, Install & Play). It can now take over an hour to install a game from the disc, download forced patches/updates before the game can be played. Also, uPlay at least is integrated into all Ubisoft games on consoles since it's early days. Can't remember if it's mandatory or not but I suspect it is.

Reaper195 said:
2: You know it will work. You don't need to worry about settings, or whether your CPU can handle it, or if you have enough RAM, etc. 2 goes hand-in-hand with A. You put the game in, and you know it will work (unless the developers are pants).
That is also untrue, specifically in the case of the XBox360 arcade and 4GB editions. Halo 4 had a mandatory install of greater than 4GB, as did GTA5, Forza 4, Titanfall and others. Thus it was quite possible to buy and own a console and be completely unable to play games sold for it.

Consoles now, particularly this generation have lost both the above advantages you've described. It is now entirely possible to be unable to install/play a game despite buying it for said console, and installations are now mandatory. Consoles have a single advantage remaining to them now, which is the ease of local co-op. The current generation have no other advantages over a PC. Even the cost advantage is gone since they cost so much (and the games cost more).

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
verdant monkai said:

Citation required

Wait I will just blow your theory out of the water with a google search. Tell this guy how its optimized...
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?442131-Burial-at-Sea-Episode-2-for-Xbox-360-Game-Stopping-Glitch
or this guy and on and on...
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?442896-BaS-2-Won-t-Play-Without-1-but-I-Have-Both
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?233716-*SPOILERS*-Bioshock-Infinite-Xbox360-Texture-Bug-spoils-the-view
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?413636-XBOX-360-BURIAL-AT-SEA-Can-t-play
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?410561-XBOX360-Can-t-access-Burial-At-Sea-DLC
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?394216-Burial-at-Sea-Xbox-problems!-!-!

That was just the 2K forums, the list would go on forever if I picked more console specific rather than general forums.

Anyway, OP didn't post the problem, seems like the rant of an ending hater rather than assistance with an issue, which there may or may not be.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Strelok said:
Citation required

Wait I will just blow your theory out of the water with a google search. Tell this guy how its optimized...
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?442131-Burial-at-Sea-Episode-2-for-Xbox-360-Game-Stopping-Glitch
or this guy and on and on...
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?442896-BaS-2-Won-t-Play-Without-1-but-I-Have-Both
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?233716-*SPOILERS*-Bioshock-Infinite-Xbox360-Texture-Bug-spoils-the-view
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?413636-XBOX-360-BURIAL-AT-SEA-Can-t-play
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?410561-XBOX360-Can-t-access-Burial-At-Sea-DLC
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?394216-Burial-at-Sea-Xbox-problems!-!-!
I cannot be bothered going through any of that Sorry. I'm sure you killed my theory though.

Reaper195 said:
Eh...ish. Some games do have technical issues, but since most of them are made specifically for console, they're not as predominant as they used to be. And to be fair, (And I've said this countless times, and gotten a disgusting amount of flak for it for some reason), the only real advantages consoles have over PC is A: You put the disc in and you play. No install time/download time, no making accounts for Origin/Steam/UPlay/etc). In and go. 2: You know it will work. You don't need to worry about settings, or whether your CPU can handle it, or if you have enough RAM, etc. 2 goes hand-in-hand with A. You put the game in, and you know it will work (unless the developers are pants).
PS3 has to download now and PS4 and xbone... but yeah simplicity is the consoles charm.
DoPo said:
In all fairness, I'm a PC gamer and I've got no clue what OP is talking about. I have also not played that DLC, either.
Hello DoPo my old friend.. I've come to talk with you again...
I'm pretty sure they are having a PC issue and they possibly don't like the ending. On that note I haven't played it either, I borrowed infinite off a friend and I've got to much of a backlog for it to warrant a replay.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
verdant monkai said:
I'm pretty sure they are having a PC issue and they possibly don't like the ending. On that note I haven't played it either, I borrowed infinite off a friend and I've got to much of a backlog for it to warrant a replay.
I finally got it today, actually. Just few hours ago - it's on sale on GameFly, so I thought "Well, I need to play it at some point, don't I". Well, the DLCs and Season Pass weren't part of the sale, however, so I haven't gotten them yet. Also have a big backlog - I finally just finished the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex: HR after dragging it for about a month (eh, I also played some other stuff in between). I do think I would play Infinite, soon, though, and with some luck the Steam Summer Sale would come and go just before that and I'll be able to grab the DLCs off it.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Strelok said:
There is another made up "fact". You have a lot of them don't you? The contradicting yourself is also amusing, is it 99% flawless on console or are there "some issues", your made up facts are confusing. Actually as consoles got more complicated so did the issues facing them. Also games are made for cross platform, which adds even more complexity, add on to that a transition between console generations and that is quite a mix of issues. The pittance of console exclusives work well though, I had no problem with God of War, The Last of Us etc.
I'm pretty sure you'll find if you ask most devs, they'll tell you that this generation consoles just got incredibly easy to program for as they are using 3 generation old PC x86 instruction sets. Making cross platform easy enough, it's why most cross platform titles feature PC as a lead platform, it allows for optimisation down the line based on hardware and gives a ready built set for multi-threading (ala Cell Processors).

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
verdant monkai said:
to be fair
as no one knows what the hell he is talking about, it sounds like a rare issue that can happen on any platform, or he hates the ending.

Neather of which we can help with

Reaper195 said:
Eh...ish. Some games do have technical issues, but since most of them are made specifically for console, they're not as predominant as they used to be. And to be fair, (And I've said this countless times, and gotten a disgusting amount of flak for it for some reason)
It probbly because it is no longer the case, as Consoles for the past two generations have been more like mini PC then traditional P&P consoles.

plug and play is almost dead on consoles, Updates abound, that sorta thing.

You may not need a steam account but is an XBL/PS+ account any different? IMO it's worse as multiplayer is locked behind a paywall.

"can My cpu handle this" is almost a non issue unless you are buying something along the lines of a prebuilt Dell. A $600 rig built today will last this entire console generation, as DX11 is standard for both.

The main advantage that consoles have is that some games just play better, as bad console ports do happen. That is more of a developer issue then a PC issue.