Are they ever goingto fix bioshock infinite BAS 2 dlc!!!!!!!!

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Not sure whether I should shake head or laugh. :)

Not really the ending more about the technical issue. Let me be clear there are a "apparently small" cadre of people who are having the game freeze every few minutes during the game or just certain episodes. In my case its episode 2. its been 4 months since the dlc came out and there is no fix.

edit: also I think the ending would be better having gone through the journey so yeah.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
DoPo said:
verdant monkai said:
Hello DoPo my old friend.. I've come to talk with you again...
I'm pretty sure they are having a PC issue and they possibly don't like the ending. On that note I haven't played it either, I borrowed infinite off a friend and I've got to much of a backlog for it to warrant a replay.
I finally got it today, actually. Just few hours ago - it's on sale on GameFly, so I thought "Well, I need to play it at some point, don't I". Well, the DLCs and Season Pass weren't part of the sale, however, so I haven't gotten them yet. Also have a big backlog - I finally just finished the Missing Link DLC for Deus Ex: HR after dragging it for about a month (eh, I also played some other stuff in between). I do think I would play Infinite, soon, though, and with some luck the Steam Summer Sale would come and go just before that and I'll be able to grab the DLCs off it.
well if its pc be careful because this problem is hard to diagnose.

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
One fix I'm seeing is turning off your steam overlay and other programs that use an overlay.

Another is to delete "clientregistry.blob" in the steam folder, which should automatically refresh when you start steam in admin mode.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Strelok said:
verdant monkai said:
I cannot be bothered going through any of that Sorry. I'm sure you killed my theory though.
Of course not that is harder than just making something up to suit your beliefs, religious cults do the same.

verdant monkai said:
Eh...ish. Some games do have technical issues, but since most of them are made specifically for console, they're not as predominant as they used to be.
There is another made up "fact". You have a lot of them don't you? The contradicting yourself is also amusing, is it 99% flawless on console or are there "some issues", your made up facts are confusing. Actually as consoles got more complicated so did the issues facing them. Also games are made for cross platform, which adds even more complexity, add on to that a transition between console generations and that is quite a mix of issues. The pittance of console exclusives work well though, I had no problem with God of War, The Last of Us etc.

verdant monkai said:
I'm pretty sure they are having a PC issue
Is that the same way you knew 99% of all games run on consoles flawlessly?

Captcha: not in kansas, I agree Captcha, this flying Monkai is not in kansas anymore
I didnt even write the middle quote that was reaper 195
Reaper195 said:
Eh...ish. Some games do have technical issues, but since most of them are made specifically for console, they're not as predominant as they used to be.
... not very good at this are you.

I dont think not wanting to scroll through 2k forums is the sign of a cult. Its the sign of someone with stuff to do. As for me being a flying monkai yes mate I am a flying monkai, and you are priceless.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Charcharo said:
octafish said:
By the way, there aren't going to fix it. Irrational is gone.
GSC Game World is gone too. They still released a patch to save their games.
GSC sort of frittered away and collapsed, they wanted to make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 they wanted to keep playing but had to give up because it got dark outside. Ken Levine took his bat and ball and went home in the middle of the afternoon.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
rbstewart7263 said:
pc version mate.:/ It sucks I looked up the ending to it today and found myself dissapointed and then I uninstalled the game.
You want them to fix the ending in a patch? Mass Effect style?
I doubt it's going to happen.

If there's an actual technical problem with the end you'll have to hope for a community patch.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I play the PC version of Infinite and I am lucky to not be having any trouble with it. My roommate got the game for free with her graphics card and she also hasn't been having issues. Both of us played through the DLC with no trouble, but it does seem like some folks are having issues.

Since OP isn't being specific, it's hard to imagine what the issue is, but it's amusing how they said 'I shouldn't have to' in regards to trying to fix the problem themselves. Sounds like a solution exists to whatever problem they're having (they mentioned the ini files) and they're simply too lazy to fix it themselves.

If you think console games don't have game-breaking issues, you've clearly never played a console version of Fallout 3 or Skyrim at launch. I remember Fallout 3 having quests that I could not complete due to glitches that didn't get fixed for a while.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
If its not fixed in the first 3-6 months it never will be fixed.The sad truth for PC games...... tho some do get repacked and re released after a few years.... but that dose not always mean its been fully fixed....

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I own Infinite on 360 and PC. Played through all content on both and I only encountered one crash the whole time on PC. I actually had multiple system freezes on my 360. Sorry you are having a problem though. I fully agree that a game should work without you having to manually make changes. I just think you might be making a mountain out of an anthill.

Granfaloon

Apr 25, 2013
rbstewart7263 said:

Not really the ending more about the technical issue. Let me be clear there are a "apparently small" cadre of people who are having the game freeze every few minutes during the game or just certain episodes. In my case its episode 2. its been 4 months since the dlc came out and there is no fix.

edit: also I think the ending would be better having gone through the journey so yeah.
I've been having issues with the game freezing every few minutes from day one. There was a rather long forum post on the Bioshock Infinite technical support forums that was largely ignored by Irrational Games. It was funny because they game ran perfectly fine on high settings but just randomly crashed for no apparent reason. The solution that worked for me finally was underclocking my GPU.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
octafish said:
GSC sort of frittered away and collapsed, they wanted to make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 they wanted to keep playing but had to give up because it got dark outside. Ken Levine took his bat and ball and went home in the middle of the afternoon.
LOL Ummm no, there has been no official statement from Sergei Grigorovich CEO of GSC Game World, who made the 50 richest entrepreneurs list in the Ukraine a few years ago. At the GSC forums, which are still operational there was a rumor he got tired of making games, he already made millions, so he gave it up. He may also have been having difficulties with the restrictions developing for the Microsoft console, that whole charge money to patch bullshit Microsoft likes to pull, and anyone who knows GSC, knows their games need patches. Polished out of the box didn't happen with them, small studio and limited resources for testing and all.

rbstewart7263

Nov 2, 2010
Granfaloon said:
rbstewart7263 said:

I've been having issues with the game freezing every few minutes from day one. There was a rather long forum post on the Bioshock Infinite technical support forums that was largely ignored by Irrational Games. It was funny because they game ran perfectly fine on high settings but just randomly crashed for no apparent reason. The solution that worked for me finally was underclocking my GPU.
I tried that but how much should I underclock it? I have asus's gpu tweak and I tried it by -100 but i dont know if that was enough?