Are you a Rocker? (Rock Band / Guitar Hero)

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
So I thought this thread would be nice. Is there anybody around here who stay plays any of these games? Or other similar games like such? That sort!

As for myself... I actually still play Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz... Blitz just cause I felt like it. Rock Band 3 though specifically for customs actually. (Customs are player-made charts or converts. Do some research if you are curious enough).

I also do play Guitar the most but do have microphones and a drum set.

As for songs/artists I have. The big 3 would be The Beatles (With 28 songs), Metallica (With 19 songs), and AC/DC (With 19 songs). All other artists I have 10 songs or below of. And I do have a good variety of music as well though mostly rock and metal stuff... Some other artists being: Owl City, PrinceWhateverer, Forest Rain, Bon Jovi, Twisted Sister, Saliva, Green Day, Gun's N' Roses, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and so on...

Anyways... What about ye'?

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I'm still playing RB3, especially after learning how to download/make custom songs.

I still have all my old instruments; Guitar, drums, and microphone. However, they're really starting to show their wear. My guitar controller (which is wired, by the way) is having trouble properly connecting to my xbox, and buying new instruments is pretty much obsolete.

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Actually, my guitar controller is wireless and its issue is that its an older one where the stalk can be taken out... Thusly, the connection for the colored buttons can randomly die for milliseconds and I'll "miss" in-game... Normally don't bother me too much since I usually play for fun but when trying to get a specific score... Ye'h... I get upset quickly.

I'm planning to buy another guitar controller that is wired actually. Ebay has a good amount of them for like 30-40 bucks so not too bad. Better than buying new ones for like 120-150 bucks on Amazon XD. My other instruments works extremely well and are good...

And you make customs? That's cool. I've only made four myself and not, so to say, the best charter but I do it. And I do full band. (Not one of those "guitar only" dudes. I find guitar only charts extremely annoying).

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'm an avid Frets on Fire player.

Still make charts every now and again.

I played Guitar Hero and Rock Band a LOT back in the day.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I like real instruments mainly. Muchh more freedom and opportunity. Creative outlets stop me from killing others or myself :D

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Xsjadoblayde said:
I like real instruments mainly. Muchh more freedom and opportunity. Creative outlets stop me from killing others or myself :D
Rock Band actually showed me I have real interest and an inherent knack for playing drums.
I'd always patted out beats on my knees prior to that but I never thought it meant I'd be good on an actual instrument.

RB showed me the basics, how to form a simple beat, limb independence, hand to eye coordination, and really helped me to see how easy some things are to play, especially when they sound very complex. (Ex. almost all quad fills in rock and metal music. Sounds flashy and hard, but it didn't take more than a month of practice before I could do it, and from there on it's just variations of a theme, so to speak.)

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
All the time. Just downloaded songs for RB3. Still on GH:Metallica, and Rocksmith.

My instruments are still in like new condition.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Man im the front man.

Learned to quell my weakness in public speaking by publicly singing "Rock Lobster" in front of all of my colleagues.

I am a man of steel.
Rocknroll is all about pelvic thrusting.

The Drums though? HOW DO THEY WORK

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, I still play Guitar Hero/Rock Band from time to time. Usually gets taken out whenever friends are down so we all play it.

I still have most of the games, but still need to pick up Rock Band 3 at some stage.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I used to. Unfortunetly the songs just got shittier and shittier, and it's more fun to play the songs on real instruments, so I quit. My guitar hero guitars and drum set finally got tossed away recently after gathering dust for several years.

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Don't worry! I'm terrible at drums too! I extremely rarely get 3 stars on Expert drums on all songs! Only a few songs I can do drums expert on really... They being the "no ranked" songs.

-Samurai- said:
GH:Metallica
Ah yes. My hardest guitar song in Rock Band 3 is Metallica's One (Which is a convert somebody made)... FYI: Somebody converted every song in "GH:M" to Rock Band 3! So 18/19 of my Metallica songs are from that game! (The 19th one is "The Unforgiven II").

DelinquentTurtle

Mar 3, 2012
Jusey1 said:
Don't worry! I'm terrible at drums too! I extremely rarely get 3 stars on Expert drums on all songs! Only a few songs I can do drums expert on really... They being the "no ranked" songs.

-Samurai- said:
GH:Metallica
Ah yes. My hardest guitar song in Rock Band 3 is Metallica's One (Which is a convert somebody made)... FYI: Somebody converted every song in "GH:M" to Rock Band 3! So 18/19 of my Metallica songs are from that game! (The 19th one is "The Unforgiven II").
Dyer's Eve and Battery still give me nightmares. Learning to play the Metallica songs on drums was an amazing experience really (aside from those two). Wonder if there will be any new games from either franchise anytime soon.

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Honestly, as long you have Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360, **** newer games in the franchise...

De' power of customs is an amazing thing and we have one amazing custom creator group releasing amazing customs every week! Well except this week. Instead of releasing customs this friday, they are releasing 12 songs on Christmas day. (Each song is being revealed on the 12 days before Christmas. Tomorrow being the 6th day).

Let alone many other people who does customs, including myself... XD

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Oh hell yes. I'm still number 1 or 2 on some Rock Band songs. Me and a few friends actually got the high score for a full band on Alive by Pearl Jam on the 360.

My instruments are starting to die though. I had to retire my Rock Band 1 Stratocaster about a month ago, so now I'm stuck with the Xplorer from Guitar Hero 2.

Since my controller bit the dust, I've kinda moved on to Rocksmith, but it still feels good to go back and play some Rock Band with the buds.

Balimaar

The Bass Fish
Sep 26, 2010
Rocksmith. :D

I was given an electric guitar for my birthday with this 'game' and have actually been learning how to play :D

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
There isn't enough black metal on Rock Band to keep me interested for very long. That being said, it's pretty awesome it's on there in the first place.

Besides, there are no limitations if you play the real thing.

Shpongled

Apr 21, 2010
Balimaar said:
Rocksmith. :D

I was given an electric guitar for my birthday with this 'game' and have actually been learning how to play :D
Gotta go with this. You can get a real guitar for not much more than the cost of a guitar hero guitar, Rocksmith is far more complete and comprehesive than any guitar hero or rock band could ever be, AND when you can finally master those songs on expert, you'll actually have a half-way worthwhile talent.

I've been playing guitar for over 10 years and Rocksmith is still very useful to me, also been playing it with a friend of mine completely new to it, and he's making faster progress than i ever did. It's also a solid, enjoyable video game to boot.