Are you a Rocker? (Rock Band / Guitar Hero)

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
Isn't calling yourself rocker for playing Guitar Hero kind of like saying you're a hunter because you're really good at Duck Hunt?
I never said musician or anything like that... To me, a Rocker is just someone who likes to well 'rock'. It doesn't have to be ONLY playing instruments. It could be just listening to them while rocking out and headbanging...

Does that makes sense?

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
I love Guitar hero and play it at my friend's house, but I'm not very good at it. The best I can do are hard songs.

Next to RPG's music games are my favourite and next to guitar hero I have played things like audiosurf and stepmania (god I was a horrible kid) and I still often play Osu!. Osu! is actually a lot of fun, it has very big fanbase and great gameplay. While the songs are designed by the players the level of submission is really high so there aren't bad maps. I would recommend it to anyone who likes online gaming and/or loves music.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I prefer Rockband because it seems easier, especially the singing. I used to play a lot but sucked terribly at the guitar and drums so I always did the vocals and usually got 90%-100% which made me happy. My reaction time is too slow and my hands are too small to play the guitar very well :(

skurz

Mar 16, 2013
I still play Rock Band pretty frequently.

What brings me back though, are those really difficult songs that are so rewarding to finish. For instance, "Panic Attack" and "On the Backs of Angels" by Dream Theater (which inspired me to go see them live, incredible!); anything by Rush, anything by Megadeth, "The Great Plains." Song that are unique and fun yet difficult to play.

It's also a great group game.
There's always someone who is willing to sing, anyone can play guitar/bass on the easier difficulties, keys are a great new instrument to turn to, and drums are an entirely different story.
Anyone who can do expert drums has my respect.

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
skurz said:
anything by Rush
The C3 creators had done A LOT of Rush and I mean a lot... (Probably around 20+ songs by now). If you play on the Xbox 360, I can link ya their site so ye' can check out those customs.

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
EeveeElectro said:
I prefer Rockband because it seems easier, especially the singing. I used to play a lot but sucked terribly at the guitar and drums so I always did the vocals and usually got 90%-100% which made me happy. My reaction time is too slow and my hands are too small to play the guitar very well :(
Idk which one is easier honestly... Though I do a good job at Rock Band vocals easily.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Morthello said:
I bought Rocksmith 2014 and a guitar about a month and a half ago. Never played guitar before hand. Been loving it so far.
Stick with it! I've been using it for about a month and a half now and went from completely useless with a guitar to actually being able to play some riffs quite well. Still got a long road ahead but man, it really is an effective learning tool to start with.

Hahaha, Captcha: never give up, thanks for summing my post up captacha, thanks.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Been playing tons of Rocksmith since the first came out. A proper guitar is just that much more entertaining to me.

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Juan Regular said:
Been playing tons of Rocksmith since the first came out. A proper guitar is just that much more entertaining to me.
We all have our own opinions, I guess XD.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
The first Guitar Hero made me look at music from a different perspective than I did then. I discovered a lot of my favorite artists thanks to Guitar Hero, especially Ozzy Osbourne , who got me into heavier things than just standard Top 40 pop.

Guitar Hero: Metallica also turned Metallica into one of my all time favorite bands. Who'd a thunk it?

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Blitsie said:
Morthello said:
I bought Rocksmith 2014 and a guitar about a month and a half ago. Never played guitar before hand. Been loving it so far.
Stick with it! I've been using it for about a month and a half now and went from completely useless with a guitar to actually being able to play some riffs quite well. Still got a long road ahead but man, it really is an effective learning tool to start with.

Hahaha, Captcha: never give up, thanks for summing my post up captacha, thanks.
I'd second this, The only problem I have is that because of my set up I get a little lag on the audio so it can be frustrating to miss notes because the audio and the video don't sync up. Ah well gives me an excuse to get a decent Hi-Fi speaker system I suppose.

I liked Guitar Hero 3 too but sorta went off it when Rocksmith came out because i realized that,

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Rooster893 said:
Guitar Hero: Metallica also turned Metallica into one of my all time favorite bands. Who'd a thunk it?
Most of the Metallica songs I have for Rock Band 3 did came from GH:M actually.

Also, yes. RB3 helped me with music too. I've learned a lot of which song is by which band/artist.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Jusey1 said:
x EvilErmine x said:

She is beautiful! Is that your guitar? Where did you get it and where can I get one? I still love Scarlet (My SG) but... WANT!!!11!!one!1

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
x EvilErmine x said:
She is beautiful! Is that your guitar? Where did you get it and where can I get one? I still love Scarlet (My SG) but... WANT!!!11!!one!1
No. I did said "I rather play this", hinting that I don't know how to play and that I don't have a guitar...

Though I WANT ONE OF THOSE GUITARS TOO! DX

Jusey1

Dec 17, 2013
Off-topic but I don't know... Is it allowable to bump thread or should I let this one die?