Are you comfortable around people of the opposite sex?

standokan

May 28, 2009
I've been getting better, just around the ones I really like sometimes I fail. It's not like I suddenly freeze but it's like a CPU takes over the conversation.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
krazykidd said:
This will probably not help with my overall coolness , but i am a 22 year old male and i am uncomfortable around women . By not means do i discriminate nor think less of them , i mean i get really nervous when women are around me. And when i have to speak to anyone of the oposite sex other than family of course i can/will say the dumbest things . I was wondering if anyone on the escapist have the same problem? I do have a girlfriend but she had to make the first move and thw first month of us seeing each other was really awkward . I don't have any self confidence so i know thats why i have this problem . I even have trouble speaking to my boss at work , i will say the bare minimum and try to avoid her when i can. ( oh god i'm such a loser hahaha)

So what about you? Are you uncomfortable around people of the opposite sex? Or is it just me and i'm doomed?
You're doomed, mostly because of the fact that you see woman as "the opposite sex", rather than as what they are: people. They are not some scary mysterious creature that you will never understand. They are living beings who go through life in a manner alike to yours. So treat them as such and you'll have no problem being around them.

demyxtheyoung

Sep 10, 2011
I usually get uncomfortable around people I don't know, but I don't usually have problems around women I sort of feel normal I guess. Then again, with my friends its usually me (The token straight guy), a handful of gay guys, and a bunch of women.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
I'm pretty socially awkward in the first place, and I just don't know what to talk about with girls.

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
I'm pretty much verbally unco around everyone other than friends, but I notice it more around chicks than guys,
This is more due to how similar I feel I am to that person,
so I'm simply more likely to be similar to a guy, than I am a chick.