Are you going to get Duke Nukem Forever?

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I would, but all my disposable income is going to buying the DOOM series, the Painkiller series and the Fallout series on Steam (and maybe the Quake series.)

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Nope.

Everything I have seen makes it look like some other generic, ordinary first-person shooter that (in the words of Yahtzee) "any competent studio could have put out in under a year." There's nothing special about Duke Nukem anymore, besides nostalgia. And if I wanted to trip on some Nostalgia, I'd just get the Duke Nukem 3D port on Xbox Live (which is a REALLY good port) I feel like Forever is gonna go over as well as that mediocre Wolfenstein reboot.

I'm sure I'll rent it one day, though

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Blue_vision said:
Unfortunately, it'll just be another generic brown FPS, so no. They really need to stop making so many of these.
...don't be foolish, it won't be as generic since it's the Duke.

Yeah i'll get it, then I won't play it just so I can laugh manically, trust me their's logic there somewhere

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Hell no.

Duke Nukem may have been hot shit back in the 90's, but now he's laughable.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I will definitely buy it only for the novelty, though I have no confidence in this game's quality. I do believe it will sell quite well, a few million copies.

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
I think I'll go for it. Though they better knock off a few bucks for making me wait all this time.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Just to recreate the damn funny evenings of Duke 3D lan with friends. Yes itll be our Woodstock revival

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I always said if it comes out, I'd get 2. I'll be buying at least 1 around release, and a second way into the price drop future.

Fiannaz

Mar 20, 2009
The good old games where good but the long development time just makes me think this will be another Daikatana. Sad but true if it ever comes out. So no i wont get it

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
If they do a half decent job I'll get it. Duke Nukem was never generic, it had a great sense of humour, did gung ho action like no other games really do and interesting set pieces (the sinking ship anyone?).

Where are all the people who complain about the lack of fun in games now? Duke was nothing if not unbridled fun.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I'll probably get it because it looks fun and is made by Gearbox. It'll be my annual FPS purchase of 2011.

Sexbad

Mar 31, 2010
I stopped caring recently, but if it doesn't end up generic as fuck, then I'll definitely get it.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
If my newspaper can get a review copy, I will snatch that shit right up. I'm not going to pay the full release price for it, though.

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, yes I am. And I hope I enjoy it too!! Guns, Aliens, Beers, Boobs and TOXIC WASTE!!

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
Boneasse said:
Nah, I don't think so. My affinity towards "The Duke" has never been profound. From what I've seen, it hasn't got anything other shooters haven't already implemented (except for the peeing, blowjobs and T-rated language). Of course that goes for most FPS's today, but I'd rather spend my money on some other game/genre then.
Peeing has been done in Postal 2.